Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

So whats the aim with the sanctions? To poverize Russians citizens so they will turn against Putin?

To hit the whole russian economy. And yes, citizens unresting against Putin is obviously an effect that's good.

Last thing i saw last night was that Russia were going to throw the kitchen sink at Kyiv so to see they're still going strong is fantastic news, or was the kitchen sink part overstated?

I know this is probably low on people's concerns but i remember yesterday evening seeing a tweet about military fire near Kyiv zoo and it got me wondering if the zoo animals had also been taken to safety. I've no idea if that would even of been feasible but if they weren't then they must be scared senseless with all the explosions and gunfire going on.

Anyway back to war talk, i must say the Ukrainian president is impressing the hell out of me. His speeches and tweets have been excellent and he's leading by example staying in Kyiv. And you think about other countries leaders and how many would have left the country at the first opportunity.

Just seen on reddit that Indian students are not allowed to leave Ukraine to Poland border because our government is not helping them.

Is it nonsense? Fogs of war? The go feck yourself Russian ship sailors could be alive the Ukrainians say now.
What do we know about the latest military situation?
:confused:

He's an Estonian MEP. Why the feck shouldn't one post it?
It’s a fake that doesn’t even originate with him (although he conveniently doesn’t mention it). We’ve discussed it in relative length some time ago although this thread grows so fast.

The “Putin rants to businessmen about how bad the war goes” scene is straight from a bad pseudo-historical movie.

Last edited:
Last thing i saw last night was that Russia were going to throw the kitchen sink at Kyiv so to see they're still going strong is fantastic news, or was the kitchen sink part overstated?

I know this is probably low on people's concerns but i remember yesterday evening seeing a tweet about military fire near Kyiv zoo and it got me wondering if the zoo animals had also been taken to safety. I've no idea if that would even of been feasible but if they weren't then they must be scared senseless with all the explosions and gunfire going on.

Anyway back to war talk, i must say the Ukrainian president is impressing the hell out of me. His speeches and tweets have been excellent and he's leading by example staying in Kyiv. And you think about other countries leaders and how many would have left the country at the first opportunity.
Imagine Scholz doing those speeches ( from the Nerherlands or Belgium ) half of the Germans would fall asleep the other half would surrender immediately

It’s a fake that doesn’t even originate with him (although he conveniently doesn’t mention it). We’ve discussed it in relative length some time ago although this thread grows so fast.
Ah, alright. Yeah threads like this I've given up on reading upon everything after waking up.

1. How exactly do we know that those were Putin's goal within those timeframes?
2. Why has Marco Rubio become a guy whose Tweets are widely shared on this topic?
Been answered multiple times but little Marco is vice chairman of senate intelligence committee. He has access to intelligence services.

Most likely this is a strategy to brief things in advance. Has been going on for some time.

Surely the war would have to go on for a very long time for funding to be an issue here.
Civil unrest is key for him to be stopped in the long run. Putin has the resources to fund this war - sure, but a civil war would be a very unwelcome scenario.

Kudos to all those Russian civilians that show up on the streets despite how he usually stamps on protests.

Russian troll.

1000% confident the Belarus operation with said migrants on the Polish border that PL refused was a test of state of PL/east EU borders done as a part of a bigger strategy.
Harsha Walia is a Canadian activist and writer based in Vancouver, British Columbia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harsha_Walia

I know you dont want to hear the truth about blocking refuges on Hungarian and Polish borders in the face of Yemeni/Syrian refugees. But that is well known in the international community, it is not even a secret.

I concur with all the other replies you have thus far received.

Having lived in the States I have seen first hand how deluded American politics can be. The main issue seems to be totally subjective media. At best its simply warped like Fox & RT. At worst its downright dangerous like Alex Jones & Info wars.

When politics is put on such a pedestal yet the window to that statue is so blinded by extremism, then no wonder poorly educated comments/viewpoints from people like 'u' dominate the American landscape.

As for Trump, he could not start a fart without sounding like a moron, let alone an international war. You need credibility to get UN backing to start a war, Trump had none, just like Putin.
As for the second part, that's why he was so unsuccessful in bans for China and most importantly Huawei and their 5G technology and why no county signed the agreement that they will not use it often even if it wasn't in their interest?
Let's not pretend that starting a war is somewhat of accomplishment, especially in these days.
I don't even know why I responded since I'm doing my best distancing for debating politics here since this forum is radically left minded. That's enough from me on this topic because I don't think it's even appropriate to talk about politics in this thread.

The whole "Poland are racists" angle that is being pushed out this morning is likely originating from Russian trolls. I would urge people not to share it or give it time of day.

In other news, Putin's latest speech thanks his "special forces" - once again, he denies there is an invasion going on. I maintain that in response to this, a no-fly zone needs to be declared and enforced by NATO, over Western Ukraine. Doing this will force Putin to admit that there is an invasion going on, or to sacrifice any semblance of air superiority.

Secondly, as mentioned before, there needs to be major effort to get the truth into the eyes and minds of the Russian people. Putin is desperate to cover this up - the troops dont know what they are doing, the civilians dont know whats going on, he even has the mobile crematoriums to hide Russian losses.

This is not the Russian people's war, it is only Putin's. If Russians get wind of what is truly going on, they will rise up. The steps above would work towards that end.

The whole "Poland are racists" angle that is being pushed out this morning is likely originating from Russian trolls. I would urge people not to share it or give it time of day.

In other news, Putin's latest speech thanks his "special forces" - once again, he denies there is an invasion going on. I maintain that in response to this, a no-fly zone needs to be declared and enforced by NATO, over Western Ukraine. Doing this will force Putin to admit that there is an invasion going on, or to sacrifice any semblance of air superiority.

Secondly, as mentioned before, there needs to be major effort to get the truth into the eyes and minds of the Russian people. Putin is desperate to cover this up - the troops dont know what they are doing, the civilians dont know whats going on, he even has the mobile crematoriums to hide Russian losses.

This is not the Russian people's war, it is only Putin's. If Russians get wind of what is truly going on, they will rise up. The steps above would work towards that end.
I dont know if you are referring to my post, but Harsha Walia is a Canadian immigration/refugee activist, hardly a russian Troll.

I dont know if you are referring to my post, but Harsha Walia is a Canadian immigration/refugee activist, hardly a russian Troll.

Its a line/angle I have seen touted over the last ~2 hours on Reddit and other social media channels. I dont know anything about Harsha Walia, but the line she is currently advocating is probably being pushed out by Russian troll farms.

One has to get real about the humanitarian crisis in countries like Poland. Ukraine is literally their neighbour. They've got a neighbour country in war. Organizing a response to the coming refugees likely has higher priority or else it will be absolute chaos.

Poland's general refugee policy pre-Ukraine is a different discussion and will rightfully be criticized.

Ah, more whataboutism
More like reality. It tells you about human nature. People tend to sympathise more with the same race, sect or ethnicity. The crimes Russia is doing now in Ukraine, is not that different from the crimes in Yemen, children are being bombed and are starving to death. But yes its just whataboutism.