Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Gotta wonder if Putin looked at the US invasion of Iraq & wanted something similar at the outset.

If the cnut has indeed deployed TOS -1 and this info has been leaked, the allies are on the way already. Because it is now or never.

At the risk of getting into another history discussion and getting told off by modmins, I'd say it had more to do with the complete air-superiority of the Allies, and the general lack of everything for the Germans. They could have had all the fuel in the world, the Battle of the Bulge was never going to work anyway.

But as to the greater point, yeah, fuel is pretty damn vital. Modern tanks can go quite far, but Ukraine is big. At the end of the day logistics is the most important part of warfare.
‘Amateurs talk strategy. Professionals talk logistics.’

Might be seeing some of that in action here.

Yeah, I know. I've already said loads of pages back that the invasion stunned me. :D
Mate, you're not the only one, I honestly didn't think it would get this far.
Stunned a lot of people.

If the cnut has indeed deployed TOS -1 and this info has been leaked, the allies are on the way already. Because it is now or never.

They are not. Unfortunately nobody will react before it happens.

With the best will in the world, the allies are there already (with crippling sanctions, arms, and other support). That's NATO's limit barring a hot conflict which would go nuclear. Turkey have closed a certain strait, if the news is accurate (have to double check), others sending guns and so on. That's all that can be done unless someone wants to ride on a nuclear bomb as it drops over Moscow.

With the best will in the world, the allies are there already (with crippling sanctions, arms, and other support). That's NATO's limit barring a hot conflict which would go nuclear. Turkey have closed a certain strait, if the news is accurate (have to double check), others sending guns and so on. That's all that can be done unless someone wants to ride on a nuclear bomb as it drops over Moscow.
Apparently they haven't, yet

"Where is Major Kong?!"

They are not. Unfortunately nobody will react before it happens.
They are on a standby, I am sure. If the news are true, and info is on the internet, then they are acting already. It is not like they have to convince anyone. The whole world is basically unified, and half a dozen states are just stepping aside and let it roll.

If that happens, US led coalition will intervene. This means wiping out everything including people inside metro tunnels.
The will destroy the launchers. No way the use of thermobaric weapons goes unpunished.
The most I can see is that they get a world cup ban and a few more sanctions... Even that will be a struggle to agree probably

Regarding SWIFT, the Financial Times said Russia had been preparing for the eventuality of being removed from SWIFT by looking at alternatives including the Chinese system apparently used by Iran and creating their own backchannel to facilitate the sale of key exports. Apparently this might involve using fax machines in the case of businesses which seems insane.But that also tells you something about how far Putin is willing to go. All of this has been factored in and so it looks abysmally bleak from every side.
Apparently they haven't, yet
Afraid of the consequences, most likely, as that would be close to a declaration of war on their part (but there is legal precedent for it).

They are on a standby, I am sure. If the news are true, and info is on the internet, then they are acting already. It is not like they have to convince anyone. The whole world is basically unified, and half a dozen states are just stepping aside and let it roll.

You have too much faith here. NATO aren't doing shit pre-emptively and I highly doubt they will get involved even if that scumbag actually fires them.

The best we can hope for is it a warning to scare the Ukrainians. But I doubt that too.

Mate, you're not the only one, I honestly didn't think it would get this far.
Stunned a lot of people.
I can't describe how I felt on Thursday morning when I opened the news. It was like I had to pinch myself.

Are you guys serious? Use of thermobaric weapons against a defending and already sieged state in Europe goes unpunished in 2022?

Regarding SWIFT, the Financial Times said Russia had been preparing for the eventuality of being removed from SWIFT by looking at alternatives including the Chinese system apparently used by Iran and creating their own backchannel to facilitate the sale of key exports. Apparently this might involve using fax machines in the case of businesses which seems insane.But that also tells you something about how far Putin is willing to go. All of this has been factored in and so it looks abysmally bleak from every side.

Afraid of the consequences, most likely, as that would be close to a declaration of war on their part (but there is legal precedent for it).

Coincidentally Florentino Perez declared war on Russia.

If Russia get booted out of the SWIFT system how does this effect the average person ?

Even if they factored it in in advance there's no getting around the huge financial impact it would have. The Chinese system you mention is less that 0.5% the size of SWIFT for example. As an alternative it can only help ameliorate the impact so much when so much of your economy depends on being able to make international transfers on a day to day basis.

Are you guys serious? Use of thermobaric weapons against a defending and already sieged state in Europe goes unpunished in 2022?

I think there's a good chance other countries get involved inside Ukraine, because not doing so would be a green light for Putin to continue using them and killing thousands of civilians in the process.