Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Who's this

It's an international security expert that is an absolute lunatic and clearly working for Kremlin. He has been given airtime during the last handful of years on various mainstream medias.

They might be decent warriors in their land. But in Europe, they are children. The Ukrainian Military will eat these guys for dinner and it's Putins fault for exposing them to certain death.
To be fair they fecked Russia in the first Chechen war, and even with Chechen forces divided (Kadyrev having deserted for Russia), it was pretty bloody for Russians.

But then, Russian army is now shit, so you can imagine how shit they were 20-25 years ago.

The UK sent a fair bit, along with soldiers to train the UA in how to use them. The Javelin has been quite successful by all accounts.

Perhaps others should have done similar much sooner?
Well, Germany sent helmets.

In all honesty, it seems that NATO is US (ultra-powerful), UK (super-powerful), France (very powerful) and Turkey (powerful).

The others are there to get protected. And for most of them, to not fault of their own, but Germany and Italy are a disgrace considering their economies.

The amount of kit NATO has up is implied by the number of tankers with their transponders on up at any one point - I don't think it'd be boots on the ground. It'd be denying them the ability to have the air space to drop more.

There seems to be at least 3 tankers up at all times.

2 tankers up in central Romania

To be fair they fecked Russia in the first Chechen war, and even with Chechen forces divided (Kadyrev having deserted for Russia), it was pretty bloody for Russians.

But then, Russian army is now shit, so you can imagine how shit they were 20-25 years ago.
Exactly. They know Russian war. European war is different. Scum putin is using them as meat shield. Welcome to Europe I guess RIP

Sorry but you and Raoul are talking some nonsense in this thread. Ukraine cannot win this war it's just a question of how much it loses before it's over and how many die in the process. Putin isn't going to back down unless there's a compromise or a surrender, and giving some teenagers or 60 year olds rifles and sending them to fight against their will I doubt will be what makes the difference.
I’m not at all religious, but I pray that I will get the full satisfaction of ramming this post right back down your throat before this is out. The choice between being the next Belarus or a member state of the EU is well worth fighting for. You are ignorant to think otherwise.

On the ignore list for now. Enough of your shit.

Apologies if posted already. Is this for real?

It could guarantee that the US send a team to pick up Putin at some point. It feels a bit crazy to say but it wouldn't surprise me.
This is not Noriega. I dont see this as ever been realistic. To do so you need and actual army not a team of high speed operators.

I’m not at all religious, but I pray that I will get the full satisfaction of ramming this post right back down your throat before this is out. The choice between being the next Belarus or a member state of the EU is well worth fighting for. You are ignorant to think otherwise.

On the ignore list for now. Enough of your shit.

Welcome to the club @noodlehair. Apparently if you don’t share the bloodlust from the comfort of a computer chair you’re an ignorant coward.

Would a U.N mandated no-fly-zone be less of a world war risk than a NATO one?
Russia would veto a UN resolution that will ask for that.

People need to realize that UN is a pantomime show and nothing serious gets done there.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ukrainians want to kill the "Chechens are superior fighters" narrative. Give the Ukrainian forces a morale boost.
I don’t think Chechans are even renowned as a tactical unit, aren’t they just nuts? Just something social media latches onto but what experience do they have, it’s not like they’re the Gurkhas.

Regarding TOS-1, they were filmed crossing the border from day 1. They have always been there, just no confirmation they have been used yet.

I don’t think Chechans are even renowned as a tactical unit, aren’t they just nuts? Just something social media latches onto but what experience do they have, it’s not like they’re the Gurkhas.
They're fearless, but that's not the same as well-trained. The bigger point made about them is their savagery. These guys have less qualms than Russian regulars to commit extreme violence.

Regarding TOS-1, they were filmed crossing the border from day 1. They have always been there, just no confirmation they have been used yet.

This is rob lee clocking them inside Ukraine 2 days ago, they were always going to be threatened, I'm not sure the recent sightings have changed anything.