Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Unless they are wanted criminals back home, it's bit of a one sided "choice" though ? Can't imagine any would voluntarily sign up.
Money… most of those illegal immigrants are in Russia to earn for their families and the army contracts pays pretty well.

Not certain it's true, but somehow it seems about right...

So after being used as human shields, they're not even allowed to lie dead in the ground anymore? In Putin's Russia, nothing is shocking anymore.

Still wild to know Prigozhin is dead. And he's already kinda becoming yesterday's news too.

Still wild to know Prigozhin is dead. And he's already kinda becoming yesterday's news too.

I can't wait to not hear about him anymore, its a distraction from whats going on on the ground in Ukraine.

I'm infinitely more interested in Ukraine's progress south of Robotyne than i am on the specifics of the death of a war criminal.

I wonder how long Russia can sustain those losses. Even their huge cold war stocks have to run out at some point.

I wonder how long Russia can sustain those losses. Even their huge cold war stocks have to run out at some point.

"I wonder how long Russia can sustain those losses."
This is one thing where I can confidently use the phrase "trust me, bro". Trust me, Russia can sustain these losses for a long time.

"I wonder how long Russia can sustain those losses."
This is one thing where I can confidently use the phrase "trust me, bro". Trust me, Russia can sustain these losses for a long time.

I know they don't risk to run out yet, otherwise they would've changed their tactic. But what exactly is a long time here. 1 year, 3 years, 10 years? How many tanks, APVs and other equipment have they built, that are also today in an useable condition you think? How big is their production today?

Eleven days ago, some of the most senior soldiers in the Nato alliance travelled to a secret location on the Polish-Ukrainian border to meet Ukraine’s chief military commander, Gen Valerii Zaluzhnyi, for what was privately billed as “a council of war”.

It was no ordinary discussion: Zaluzhnyi brought his entire command team with him on the roughly 300-mile journey from Kyiv. The aim of the five-hour meeting was to help reset Ukraine’s military strategy – top of the agenda was what to do about the halting progress of Ukraine’s counteroffensive, along with battle plans for the gruelling winter ahead plus longer-term strategy as the war inevitably grinds into 2024.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...came-key-nato-liaison-in-ukraine-tony-radakin

All these "How Russia is doing now" questions led me to this video on Youtube. It is very long though with a lot of information.

And I think we may have people who can dispute some of the stuff that was said in it.

Last edited:
All these "How Russia is doing now" questions led me to this video on Youtube. It is very long though with a long of information.

And I think we may have people who can dispute some of the stuff that was said in it.

I subscribe to this channel so I watched that video earlier today.

It's refreshing to see a realistic take on the war, because most western news on the topic is propaganda if we're being honest. I mean, if I believed everything I read on Ukraine, Putin would be dead from cancer by now.

I think this actually shows a view of the conflict that actually explains why the situation is where it is rather than how europeans wish it would be. And also, potentially, how it's going to end up once the dust has settled. The next US election will basically decide how the war ends.

It's refreshing to see a realistic take on the war, because most western news on the topic is propaganda if we're being honest. I mean, if I believed everything I read on Ukraine, Putin would be dead from cancer by now.

I think this actually shows a view of the conflict that actually explains why the situation is where it is rather than how europeans wish it would be. And also, potentially, how it's going to end up once the dust has settled. The next US election will basically decide how the war ends.

Yeah, most Western media is propaganda whereas a University drop-out YouTuber is a truth teller.

I know they don't risk to run out yet, otherwise they would've changed their tactic. But what exactly is a long time here. 1 year, 3 years, 10 years? How many tanks, APVs and other equipment have they built, that are also today in an useable condition you think? How big is their production today?

I think i read that they had 50k-60k tanks from the soviet era, and yes you cant speculate that a decent size might be obsolete or non useable. But what? Let say that they still had 50% usuable (probably more). That is 25k-30k.

And that is without counting the last +30 years since the fall of the USSR.

Russia has a looooot of metal still. At this pace, without counting ramping up production, around 10 years of tanks, who knows the rest.

Seems that Ukraine might be Russia’s Vietnam (or second Afghanistan):

Last edited:

Not even Putin can be certain of an answer to that question. He only knows what he has been told by his generals and they lie about it because that is how they grift.

I think it was claimed they had 10'000 main battle tanks at the start of the war but lots of capabilities were claimed for the Russian military, which turned out to be a load of bullshit.

If you stand a tank in the middle of a field and come back to it 50 years later is it still a tank? In one sense yes, but if it hasn't been serviced and is now unserviceable then its just scrap or spares.

The guy in charge of keeping them serviceable is given a budget and he will spend some of it on keeping some of the tanks in readiness but most likely the budget will be unrealistic, he will keep some for himself and his boss and cronies, and when have they ever needed more than say 3000 or 5000 tanks? Right now their inventory is being checked and they are coming up short going by their own intercepted coms.

They will be making as many as they can repairing as many as they can and searching for anything usable. There won't be a no more tanks day. Just a reduced and ever reducing resupply until hopefully they don't have enough to match the Ukrainians and are overwhelmed.

Having a working tank is only the first part, transporting it probably thousands of miles to the front line, providing ammunition and fuel and keeping it functioning and manned by trained personnel are all vital to its utility.

I think this actually shows a view of the conflict that actually explains why the situation is where it is rather than how Europeans wish it would be. And also, potentially, how it's going to end up once the dust has settled. The next US election will basically decide how the war ends.

according to your logic, there is a "western propaganda" against Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle and so on since there are tons of fake news not in favor of these clubs every day by "the western media". In an open society, there are surely tons of false/negative news about basically everything. Just because some "western writers" making false predictions about Putin doesn't mean it is "propaganda".

I can easily find "evidence" that BBC is "anti-USA" propaganda too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-23456018

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33440287