Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Really impressive how Ukraine created the ability to strike in Russia and built it up to this level, almost every day now they are attacking targets all over western Russia.

Really impressive how Ukraine created the ability to strike in Russia and built it up to this level, almost every day now they are attacking targets all over western Russia.

Yeah, it looks like they figured out the gaps in the Russian air defense. The country is way too big to cover everything and Ukraine is exploiting it.

Nice thread to give some context to the claims that Ukraine did not even reach the first line of defense:

tl;dr what is obvious to see and claimed to be the first line simply isn't it, but lots of hidden positions in tree lines etc are the true first lines.

3fdcf24003c61757.jpg

Reportedly this shows all targets Ukraine attacked during the night. A mix of military bases (most prominent Pskov and the up to 6 planes destroyed there) and factories producing military stuff.

A good overview of the current situation at the southern front from Noelreports

F4xV7PEXsAEr8oX

A good overview of the current situation at the southern front from Noelreports

F4xV7PEXsAEr8oX
Just wanted to post that as well. Looks like Ukraine is now fighting inside Verbove, which means that the Surovikin line has been broken through. Russians are very worried about this development, but of course it's to early to make definite statements.

Just wanted to post that as well. Looks like Ukraine is now fighting inside Verbove, which means that the Surovikin line has been broken through. Russians are very worried about this development, but of course it's to early to make definite statements.

Yeah, according to this twitter account with an even more detailed map, they've breached the line at Verbove. If true, then it would support the reports that the large minefields were overcome in some places along the front and hopefully it's gonna get easier from there. I don't think the Russians mined the next lines as heavily as they did the first line, because they need safe spaces to move to the front.

edit: If you love to look at maps, here is a very good interactive map that gets updated frequently

https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/The-War-in-Ukraine/091194

Last edited:
I expect NK have missiles that can fire round corners, even if unintended

Probably expect shitloads of soviet artillery and small arms that fits perfectly with the current warfare that Russia is waging. NK has many munition stockpiled and manufactured based on soviet designs that Russia needs

Also has a land border and can bypass any sanctions easily. you might laugh but it will help Russia good enough

Probably expect shitloads of soviet artillery and small arms that fits perfectly with the current warfare that Russia is waging. NK has many munition stockpiled and manufactured based on soviet designs that Russia needs

Also has a land border and can bypass any sanctions easily. you might laugh but it will help Russia good enough
It might help, but they also need them to aim at South Korea and Japan. I doubt they would be transporting a lot to them in the short term. However, if Russia gives them the resources, they may be able to help increase the production of some.

It might help, but they also need them to aim at South Korea and Japan. I doubt they would be transporting a lot to them in the short term. However, if Russia gives them the resources, they may be able to help increase the production of some.

"need them" is relative, as they are technically at war against SK, I doubt that SK will attack NK because they don't have that many artillery pointing towards them anymore. Of course they will not sell all the shells, but they can comfortably sell lots of them and still have enough to feck around as Seoul is just at 50 km from NK border and that alone is just millions of people at virtually impossible range to stop the artillery attack of the long range NK artillery

I am not sure about this. It would be surprising if Russia really used up it's storage pile of artillery ammunition. Of course that would be welcome news, but my understanding is that they lack logistics to get that to the front and increasingly howitzers themselves. And I am not sure how NK can help with this, can they deliver trucks and howitzers?

If these is really focused on ammunition etc it would point to Russia planning for a really long war (which indeed seems to fit their strategic decisions)

What's really dangerous is, that China could sell weapons through NK to Russia.

The border between China and Russia is more than 4000km long. There is no need to go through NK for them.

They need it, if they want to avoid western outrage. It'll be more difficult to follow weapons through NK than through a direct trade. Or they could promise to supply NK, so they could sell more to Russia. The same logic Germany tries with Greece's Leopard 1 tanks.

They need it, if they want to avoid western outrage. It'll be more difficult to follow weapons through NK than through a direct trade.
I don't believe that at all. Small stuff like ammo or dual use stuff like trucks can be transported as part of the usual business traffic between Russia and China, but there is very little of that between Russia and NK, so sending stuff via NK is much more likely to be noticed.

And if they should send stuff like tanks it would be immediately identified as Chinese anyway.

I'm sure the armchair Caf experts will shut down a retired US Army Colonel with actual combat experience and a Bronze Star medal... but even if 50% of what he says is true, this is alarming:

I'm sure the armchair Caf experts will shut down a retired US Army Colonel with actual combat experience and a Bronze Star medal... but even if 50% of what he says is true, this is alarming:

TLDR? Because it's Tucker Carlsson and no way clicking it.

I just listened to the beginning and NONE of the things they say match what I have seen on all other sources.

The numbers of Ukrainian losses are about 10 times higher than anywhere else reported.
The claim of Russian technological superiority is definitely false.
The claim of an unready US army is questionable at best.

At best these are the ramblings of an old man that claims everything was better in his days.

I only noticed one true statement, that the US for a long time did not fight an equal enemy instead of an insurgency. But I think he just doesn't realize that a war US/NATO vs Russia would be exactly that at this point - devastating massive air strikes on Russia would quickly turn Russian resistence into an insurgency.

Also interestingly typical for this kind of commentator that guy is ignoring logistics (which Russia is terrible at) but focussing on their ammo stocks and production (which might indeed be quite well).

Last edited:

After leaving the military in 2004, he became more politically active. In 2020, President Donald Trump proposed Macgregor as ambassador to Germany, but the Senate blocked the nomination. On November 11, 2020, a Pentagon spokesperson announced that Macgregor had been hired to serve as Senior Advisor to the Acting Secretary of Defense,[6] a post he held for less than three months. Trump also appointed him to the board of West Point Academy, his alma mater, but the appointment was terminated by President Joe Biden.[7] Macgregor regularly contributes to Fox News and has appeared on the Russian state-funded channel RT.[8] His commentary has been noted for disparaging Ukraine, immigrants and refugees.[9][10][8]

3 minutes in he's saying ukrainians surrender en masse because they have too many wounded and they know, that russians are going to treat them fairly. That was enough for me.

Tucker Carlson?

:lol: Mike Flynn was a three star general. Doesn't mean he's not a stone cold moron. MacGregor used to go on RT regularly and is clearly still on the Russian payroll. There's a reason he's showing up on Tucker's youtube channel and Fox News. MacGregor was saying that Russia was on the verge of defeating Ukraine three days into the war and that they'd be annihilated if they didn't surrender. Why would anyone take him seriously?

Leaving aside him possibly being on Russian payroll I feel like (at least in Germany) there is a rift between retired generals commenting on the war, some see Russia like the superpower the SU was during their (early) active service and simply didn't move on from that, others are far more open to the idea that Russia can be beaten.

There is also a big overlap that the first group usually claimed it to be impossible for Ukrainians to be trained on Western equipment, while the latter didn't see that as an unsolvable issue and so far seem to be right. I also have the slight feeling that they are also eager to see how they would have performed against the Soviets if they had actually battled in their day to be honest :lol:

He’s a Russian shill, he’s been on multiple podcasts saying it’s all over for Ukraine since the war started and has been wrong all along.

I'm sure the armchair Caf experts will shut down a retired US Army General and former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, with a Bronze Star medal, who had a key role in Afghanistan and Iraq and pledged alliegance to Q and talked about The Great Awakening... but even if 50% of what he says is true, this is alarming:

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200706204352-flynn-qanon-oath-video.jpg