Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

If you include the casualties in armor, then I believe this number. Russian tanks still explode like it's a Michael Bay movie, while most of the damaged western armor and tanks I saw kept their crew alive.

We will hear about some interesting developments in the South soon, I guess. It appears that the UA is having a big offensive operation, using some of their reserves to push the RA troops out of some areas with a lot of armored vehicles. If true, I think the result will show a little bit deeper into how the Southern front is doing since some people have been claiming that there has not been much of a big-scale operation since the first few days of this counteroffensive.

If moderately successful, the UA has been doing it right all along. If not, there could be more questions about their combat capability in the South.

For those who thought it was a false flag.
CNN:
After months of silence, the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has acknowledged its involvement in the attack on the Crimean bridge in October last year.

It was just my reply to poster claiming those attacks just help Putin.
Not only would 'taking the war to the ordinary Russians' be a huge boon for Putin I wouldn't be surprised if he came up with a false flag operation or two himself to achieve the same result.

Think of the mighty US in Vietnam, the Americans withdrew because they were sick of their young men being killed in a pointless foreign war against people who they didn't feel were threatening them. That's the key, they didn't feel they were threatened, if they did the Americans would have fought on, with knobs on.

Targets that are obviously military are a different matter of course.

I think Ukraine blowing bridges in Crimea already qualifies as that. But perhaps im wrong
The Kerch bridge was put in by Russia after they annexed Crimea in 2014. It is used to supply the Russian military, therefore it is a military target.

The Kerch bridge was put in by Russia after they annexed Crimea in 2014. It is used to supply the Russian military, therefore it is a military target.

Okay. Did not know that.

U.S. Says Main Thrust of Ukraine’s Counteroffensive Has Begun.

The main thrust of Ukraine’s nearly two-month-old counteroffensive is now underway in the country’s southeast, two Pentagon officials said on Wednesday, with thousands of reinforcements pouring into the grinding battle, many of them trained and equipped by the West and, until now, held in reserve.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss details of the campaign. Their comments dovetailed with reports from the battlefield on Wednesday, where artillery battles flared along the southern front line in the Zaporizhzhia region.
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/07/26/world/russia-ukraine-news

Russia launched a bigger missiles wave today, which was surprise, surprise, ineffective again.

The guy I asked who had some knowledge of the ammunition production in Burma stated that those are very common and lookalike among a few countries in Asia, such as Vietnam, N. Korea, India, China, Burma, etc., as they got some aid from the Soviet Union before with the designs. And logically, since the Junta in Burma had shitloads of rebellion groups to deal with at the moment, they might not be able to send them to Russia.

But of course, there is always some possibility that they did.

Let's hope for some good news today if the rumours about a big offensive are true. More liberated villages and less destroyed Leopards and Bradleys.

Last edited:
Interesting to read, that Russians didn't answer artillery fire. Seems like 20-30 destroyed artillery systems each day for weeks finally pay off for Ukraine

Russia's first main defense line starts a bit south of Robotyne, or is that the 2nd one?

Last edited:
Russia's first main defense line starts a bit south of Robotyne, or is that the 2nd one?
This thread from early May has some good information about the Russian fortifications in this area.
If Ukraine has gone past Robotyne the first line has been breached. The information coming out right now is very scarce but it looks like Ukraine might have gone past Robotyne at least on the eastern side.

According to CNN:
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Thursday that “hostilities have intensified and in a significant way” on the front lines, but contradicted his officials on the ground and claimed Ukraine’s push was being turned back.

“The enemy was not successful in any of the areas of clashes. All counteroffensive attempts were stopped, and the enemy was driven back with heavy losses,” the Russian leader said.

Ukraine’s 47th Brigade, which is involved in the offensive, confirmed to CNN it was pushing ahead, saying: “Infantry is advancing. Artillery covers. Bradley crews destroy enemy infantry and their equipment.”

There has been little independent evidence of the state of the front lines, but Russian military bloggers and official Ukrainian accounts suggest that Ukrainian forces have cut a path through at least one of the many minefields laid by the Russians and made modest territorial gains in the area of Robotyne, south of the town of Orikhiv.

Loving it.:drool: He really earned the disrespect.

Disrespect or not, they still meet with him. Russian media will simply cut this part out and keep their propaganda rolling that everything is fine. They feed us crumbs, nothing more. With real pressure from all sides, the war would already be over probably.

Disrespect or not, they still meet with him. Russian media will simply cut this part out and keep their propaganda rolling that everything is fine. They feed us crumbs, nothing more.

The fact that less than half of African leaders are attending the Russia-Africa summit this year is a already a strong and loud message in itself, especially in the immediate fallout of Putin fecking up the grain deal. Putin can shift as much blame as he wants; it won't change the shifting reality.

The fact that less than half of African leaders are attending the Russia-Africa summit this year is a already a strong and loud message in itself, especially in the immediate fallout of Putin fecking up the grain deal. Putin can shift as much blame as he wants; it won't change the shifting reality.

I think it’s really indicative of the lack of options Putin has, that he’s opted to stymie the grain deal. I don’t expect any African heads of state to call him out on it publicly, but I think it’s a safe bet that it will be happening behind closed doors.

Disrespect or not, they still meet with him. Russian media will simply cut this part out and keep their propaganda rolling that everything is fine. They feed us crumbs, nothing more. With real pressure from all sides, the war would already be over probably.
At least there was some indirect support from Egypt for Ukraine (them allowing to postpone their IRIS-T deliveries allowed Germany to send those systems to Ukraine instead).