Round of 16 | France vs Belgium | Portugal vs Slovenia

The hell is going on with European football federations almost all of the major team managers are frauds, whether it be martinez, Southgate or deschamps.

Only Germany and Spain seem to have gone with the right approach and managers who actually want to imprint an identity on their team(spalleti is a good manager but the jury is still out on him internationals).

Also pepe is ridiculous for his age, has to go down as one of the best of his generation for his longevity alone.

I don't hate Ronaldo but the longer he goes without scoring the funnier it gets

Too many games at this last 16 stage have just been attack vs defence for long periods. Has been a lack of truly even end to end games. Teams just playing for smash and grab.

Before the tournament i had Portugal as favourites to reach the final but i can see now that winning is their secondary objective as their main mission is to get Ronaldo goals. Martinez is a joke manager and is fecking up yet another great international squad.

Ronaldo and Martinez need to get the feck out of that team.

The football on show in this tournament as been atrocious. Has anyone watched the copa America? If so is that better than this rubbish

Unfair. First 2 games of every group were great. But, unlike the Copa, pressure seems to bring caution.

This Euros so far has been better than most Copas. The old Euros were far more cautious as every result mattered.

But crucially, the Copa has fewer winners. I think it’s 5 in My lifetime. Semi finals are cause for celebration. Germany, Italy, France, Spain, England, Portugal, Holland, won’t celebrate a lost semi final the way many Copa teams can. Makes the latter more open.

Martinez struggled to quickly pick up the ball of the ground and give it to his player. Southgate immaculately caught a ball midair without a thought.
Another reason why it's coming home.

Oblak is such a brilliant keeper. European Emi Martinez without all the additional antics.

Slovenia having 20 years of Handanovic followed by Oblak is some goalkeeper production run.

What's going on with the top teams? I don't remember them being this bad at the World Cup.

Has it gotten too hard for all but the most coached teams to break down an organised low block? Almost every game with a clear favourite has been an absolute snoozefest. Spain and Germany are pretty much the only pre-tournament favourites that have been consistently decent to watch.