Round of 16 | France vs Belgium | Portugal vs Slovenia

Bruno has been the worst player on the pitch during that half, his bottom level is too low for the top club.

Im really warming up to the idea of us signing Palhinha.
With the ball he is limited, but against the ball i really, really like him, great tacklings, good positioning and decision making.
He reminds me of Javi Martinez.
Palhinha will be great for Bayern. I think he will thrive in the Bundesliga. He's done brilliant at Fulham, he deserves a Bayern chance. Always wanted a proper portuguese player at Bayern. Disliked Sanches and Guerreiro never had a real connection to our league.

I’ve been in lauding Sesko on my potential transfer wish list for a while now, and I’m finally ready to admit that I’d never watched him play properly. Because based on this tournament so far, I wouldn’t have him anywhere near it. :lol:

A good lesson to actually watch a lot of games from a player before pushing for his signing, because I’m sure he’s nowhere near as good as his reputation suggests, but also nowhere near as bad as this tournament makes him seem.

How about Barella? :smirk:

Not nearly enough for him to sacrifice himself for the team in any way, no.
Just played a good pass to Leao and helped creating a decent chance. Corner should have been allowed, imo.

They are creating chances with their crosses. A younger Ronaldo would have headed in two or three by now.
Not really. Yes, Ronaldo miss-timed one cross, but the rest were either defended, deflected or were beyond reach. Even Fernandes could reach that earlier cross from Silva if I recall correctly.

Cristiano could legit be Lamine Yamal's father. What is he still doing playing for Portugal is beyond me.

This is sad to watch. Portugal is just Ronaldo FC. What a waste considering the talent in that team.

Amongst all these theatrics, Vitinha is seriously good

We all love midfielders like this don’t we? Such a pleasure to watch him do his thing.

I'm about ready to switch this off. What an awful game. Slovenia is making it impossible to root for the underdog too.
This is the epitome of anti-football.

In a basement somewhere @RedRonaldo is in his full kit, stomping around the place in frustration that he hasn't been about to siuuuu himself. At major tournaments it would normally be a tough choice between England and Ronaldo but it's been made easier this year by Wokegate refusing to bring along Greenwood.

58 free kicks at major competitions. 1 goal.

Pretty mind blowing stat tbh. Thought he'd have more.

What the hell is up with the BBC team... they'd be winning if Jota or Felix was on. But I guess two yesteryear 9's yearning for their role looking relevant makes sense.

Nah, Santos ball was infinitely more dull. :lol:
We beat the Swiss 6-1! Santos was definitely dull but we had some flashes of brilliance. With Martinez is just boring non stop. He also has the handicap of being spaniard. He instantly loses alot of credit.

Bad pitches and bad organisation are two things I did not expect out of a German tournament.

What the hell is up with the BBC team... they'd be winning if Jota or Felix was on. But I guess two yesteryear 9's yearning for their role looking relevant makes sense.
Not sure about Felix but I've been surprised at how little Jota has played.

It doesn't matter anyways. If we pass Slovenia, we have the French next. Our only chance is Leão turning into Éder.

Not sure about Felix but I've been surprised at how little Jota has played.
I don't think Martinez rates him. He gives primacy to Conceiçao and Neto which is tragic. Our national team is just a web of interest. The best don't play.

Palhinha will be great for Bayern. I think he will thrive in the Bundesliga. He's done brilliant at Fulham, he deserves a Bayern chance. Always wanted a proper portuguese player at Bayern. Disliked Sanches and Guerreiro never had a real connection to our league.
Eric Dier introduced himself here as almost more portuguese than english, so thats something haha.

I still have doubts if we can manage to agree with Fulham but i would be happy if we get Palhinha.
Only downside is his age.