Round of 16 | France vs Belgium | Portugal vs Slovenia

:lol: Come on man. You know you dived and there comes a point where you have to accept no one is buying it.

Not sure if it's possible but a final between Portual and Spain could be tasty, they are certainly playing the best football this tournament.
I think them 2 could only meet in the semis potentially

Bruno making some good runs. No one picking him out

So only one trophy then, with arguably the best squad on paper and while playing terrible football.
Losing finals is even worse than getting knocked out in the semis or quarters.

Nah, you always want to play finals, winning or loosing. It hurts but it's the "real" objective. Those games are most of the times a "tournament" on their own.

Last edited:
This has been one of the most divey tournaments I've seen and I have watched Copa America.
I called that right at the start and the only response I got was someone disagreeing. It’s only in the last couple of games I’ve actually seen refs telling them to get up.

Pepe looks better than Dias at the age of 600.

Yeah pretty much it. People just see them and think they're bad because they have some sort of expectation that they should be doing a lot better with the names they have but they're so hard to play against and break down. They've only conceded a penalty in 4 games and Belgium other than a chance in the first 10-15 mins were limited to shots from distance all game.
People keep forgetting who France are. Their value is how good they're athleticism and defence. It has been that way since 2014. They set up in a clear mid block, not pressing too much. I don't quite understand how people don't see that this is the game plan. Add that they've played Austria, Belgium and Netherlands, which aren't easy teams
As utterly drab as they have been, they look like a monstrous side and their recovery pace is probably the fastest I’ve seen across a team, allied to the physical strength in actual tussles. That will drain the life out of anyone and it’s very hard to contest with for 90 minutes, especially so when the more you attack, the more spaces you leave for counters - Spain and Germany have been gung-ho and very excitable going forward, but none of those players are a scary proposition going the other direction, and this drab France side have the potential to come alive at any time. Mbappe also plays for them.

Yeah, I’ll be sticking with France as favourite. They can bumble through with the athleticism of the unit and they have the players to come alive and turn games, even if it’s by a moment of individual brilliance in.a turd of a game. Nobody else in the tournament has that.

Not sure if it's possible but a final between Portual and Spain could be tasty, they are certainly playing the best football this tournament.

Think it is possible yes

L’équipe gives Griezmann a grade of 3, Rabiot, Thuram and Mbappé- 4.

Saliba: 8.

Nah, you always want to play finals, winning or loosing. It hurtsm but it's the "real" objective. Those games are most of the times a "tournament" on their own.
france's record is extraordinary. But for pens they would have another two WC's since '06. Also got to the final of euro '16. For a country who's national sport might not even be football? They sure figured out how to have a production line of great players. Their record embarrasses england that is for sure.

He lost one final to Ronaldo's Portugal and one final to Messi in the winter tournament (when every referee and his dog was helping Messi). I don't think that any manager would be guaranteed to do better.

Come on, let the fanboy and troll sleep for 10 minutes man and later in CR's thread you play the objective fella

PD1: CR didn't even played that final.
PD2: Dechamp made very tough and good subs in the WC final, even if he failed with the initial formation, he reacted in very bold manner.
Still Dechamops, like Dunga, like Simoene are the sort of coaches that always would levae some sort of feeling that they can be less pragmatic, but we have to respect them nonetheless for their results and order and cohesion that normally bring to their teams

Last edited:
Bruno really never learned tempo control. Always seems to want to go at a 100. Fun on one hand but not very efficient.

Highlight of the tournament remains Flower of Scotland for me

FK. Let’s take bets.

Wall

or

Crowd

or

Both

Let Fernandes take the freekick