Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

Critique of him in that half should be on how easy England were to get at before the goal, wasn't effective defensively.

However if Slovakia continue to sit back his cleverness on the ball vastly outweighs any current weaker areas of his game.

The problems England had before and for the goal were nothing to do with the defensive play of the midfield.

It was the back 4 and in particular the fullbacks being all over the shop positionally and getting done by direct balls that completely bypassed the midfield.

He's got to change. Got to. Again, the good news out of this is his reign of terror is almost up.

Southgate has to make changes. But I'm fairly certain he'll take the easy option and just swap Saka for Palmer because he doesn't have the balls to take Foden or Bellingham off.

Normally think Neville is a decent pundit. Said some strange things at half time. None of the pundits mentioned the glaring issue of Bellingham and Kane. Too scared to call out the big names once again.

There's not one England player that is playing at their normal club form. Why is that I wonder...

It's because it's all their fault...not the common denominater of course.

It's like before the game they were saying "rice has had 3 partners this tournament, 4 including Iceland and we still have sorted that area out"...No shit.

A Kane that looks half the player he was three years ago. Saka badly out of form. A Rice that should be nowhere near that England team and Foden that turns into crap whenever he puts on the England shirt. Paired with a mediocre defense and an absolute joke of a manager and you get that kind of football.

Regardless of how this game goes. The FA need to be more adventurous when they choose the next England manager. I’m sick to fecking death of watching England play shit, conservative football.

England have scored 2 goals in 3,5 matches.

The front three of Foden, Saka and Kane haven’t performed anywhere near good enough, England have plenty of alternatives on the bench.

The solution isn’t to keep starting with these 3. It’s a very short tournament if you keep playing players that aren’t performing.

Yeah Southgate is shite and will deservedly get the boot after this but another big issue is the lack of enthusiasm English footballers have for playing for their country compared to playing for their club.

It's coming home. You have to expect a few goals from Bellingham/Kane yet, as well as a Dubravka mistake. England still HUGE favourites for this tournament. Get the hopes back up!

The pundits are saying they're shocked?

You have a dead left side with a right footed LB and Phil Foden who has always looked lost for England, the right side is only marginally better as Walker is a nonentity in an attacking sense, the defenders and keeper only pass to each other or try low percentage long balls. These issues existed in games 1, 2, 3 and they still exist today. Not sure what the shock is about

Southgate is so uninspiring, no passion, no emotion, nothing.

If INEOS really did want him, thank god they saw the light.

I thought Mainoo was clearly England’s best player. Mad that people are call him crap.

Too many plaudits for bringing cohesion to Englands play on 2 sub appearances. He's been hyped up so much, people expect anything less than a hattrick of goals and assists as terrible.

Yet people will bleat on about taking Saka off. Foden is pointless in this team

Well there is oppertunity cost. I prefer Saka but Foden is used to playing on the right. He's lost on the left. So chances are he'd do better on the right than he has done on the left. But I havent been that impressed by Foden in the last 4 or 5 games for England either, Saka at least played well in the first group game.

Bellingham really has an annoying body language.