Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

Literally just have to stretch the play but we’re so narrow it’s easy to defend against. Both wingers can’t take on a man and cut inside right into trouble. It’s basic stuff
This is a similar litmus test as Italy was in Euro 2020 in the sense that England are likely to win if they're adventurous,. At least there's still a half to play, and England have enough quality to bring on in the 2nd half to run the Slovaks ragged..

It’s amazing how Foden has just turned into Obertan. Really abysmal in this Euros.

Southgate is so bad that he can actually make Irish people angry on behalf of the English. If it wasn’t so ridiculous it would be impressive.

It's not really that controversial is it? Comparable or better win-rate, WC semi-final, Euro final, etc. In terms of results, Southgate seems like the best since Alf Ramsey.

It is when we have clearly gone backwards.

I mean you can think it, and it statistically be correct, but do you have to openly say it over and over when he clearly should have been booted after the last tournament, if not after the final he cost us?

Stats tell only a fraction of a story.

I thought Mainoo was clearly England’s best player. Mad that people are call him crap.
He's good in attack, problem is he's too attacking, and most of his qualities only show up in the final third. He's not playing badly given the player he is, problem is this team doesn't look like it can afford him on the pitch with this lineup

England have had all the ball so far in the 2nd half, yet Pickford has touched it more than anyone else.

Most of these players are severely overrated because they play in teams with very good managers, systems, tactics and non-English players.

He has a team team full of top players and can't get the best out of them .
No tactics at all from Southgate.

To be honest, being Danish and loosing yesterday 2-0 to Germany after a disallowed goal to 1-0 and a pen shortly after, that was kinda "weak" - although we were the worse team, we had a chance...

i would rather loose this game, that being England and loosing to Slovakia .. this is just disturbing bad, i get system problems, etc. but this team, with the brilliance you have on it..

Much better team than also Belgian team that lost in the golden years of that, and it is ABYSMAL to see, you can hope to "get" on.. you have the individual quality.. but i don´t get how it can be this bad.. most of the players should actually be able to carry the team.

I know mate, but there still are defenders.

I'm perhaps talking more in general, after that final and between then and now it's been "the best manager since 66!" And all that. People have given him far too much backing and protection, turned an eye to this and what he is.

Even that prick Neville who is now ranting has done nothing but defend him of late. People still do.

I'm just glad most have finally seen what has been said for 9 years now. He's a coward, and worse still it really looks like he has finally lost the players.
Oh I see what you mean re. best manager since '66. That does come up a weird amount given the context of it all. It's fecking depressing bollox. Here's to a better second half pal.

I’ve already posted Saka needs support and think Walkers been poor… Ive got no issue with Trent coming in.

My comment was on Gary’s comments which were silly/hyperbole.
I dont think its hyperbole hes been one of the best players in the PL and UCL for a few years. Its a bit silly he cant get a kick for England

Southgate’s going to get some abuse if we go out now. Hasn’t tried to do anything to change the game. Can tell the pundits are fed up with it.

I have a feeling this second half will just pass us by. We'll have a late surge, like we did at the end of the first half, but it'll be too late. We're far too passive.

I know you can make comparisons with Southgate and Solskjaer with the whole vibes fc thing and reliance on individual brilliance, but at least Solskjaer wasn’t afraid to make half-time changes for the better like Cavani on at HT against Soton.
No, not really.

All the pundits and comms team are doing their best to call Southgate a cnut without actually saying so

Also it's underrated how much Pickford hurts this style England are trying to play. He doesn't progress the ball at all and prefers just hoofing it

You’re joking, right?

Every time England try to play out from the back the roll it sideways between defenders for a few minutes, a few passes to midfield, back again, give it away.

England has no build up play

At this point, we need to check Southgate and his family/friends for their betting habits...
Good point. There's no way a man like Gareth would make a bet unless he knew the result beforehand.

All jokes aside, I expect England to get some opportunities this half. Not due to good team play, but I think guys like Bellingham, Foden and Saka are too good not to get any.

That was faster than expected, though.