Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

Yeah Southgate is shite and will deservedly get the boot after this but another big issue is the lack of enthusiasm English footballers have for playing for their country compared to playing for their club.

Thing is, last two tournaments prior to this, it’s not felt like that. Just feels like a lot of the fear is back which everyone thought we’d long shed.

Normally think Neville is a decent pundit. Said some strange things at half time. None of the pundits mentioned the glaring issue of Bellingham and Kane. Too scared to call out the big names once again.
Noticed that, as well.

Bellingham is over rated is ridiculous. Fancy version of felliaini

Thought he was OK in the last match.
Personally I would take out Saka from the line up.

Southgate is trying to use him as a touchline winger. He's not that kind of player, but he shouldn't be anywhere near being the starting left winger anyways. Why would you leave Saka out? He's better and more impactful, both for club and country.

Is it really an issue? You’re talking about the best player in the premier league last season. Surely you let players like that play into form? English fans are obsessed with dropping players if they’re not in top form. Southgate is the problem for not getting the best out of him.

There has never been a point in our lives where Foden was the best player either in the Premier League, or even his own club. He will never ever play into form in a role that doesn't suit him, and on the side of the pitch that doesn't suit him. Saka is a better right winger, Palmer too, maybe even Bowen as well. Bellingham is a better #10, and probably Palmer too. Gordon and Saka are better left wingers. This is the most obvious example of Southgate trying to shoehorn a big name into the eleven, disregarding team balance.

Nagelsmann had no issues with benching Wirtz, when it was the obvious choice to make to improve the team. Southgate is just clueless and too much of a coward to do something like that with Foden.

P.S: I'm also not an English fan. No way in hell I was gonna support this team with both Maguire and Rashford staying at home.

Will be interested to hear The Rest is Football crew’s thoughts on this car crash (especially if they are a few bottles of wine to the good).

No subs is wild. How are you lot so cursed to always have the dumbest and least creative managers in the football world :lol:

He should be playing. His delivery is excellent and Kane needs service. Tripper has been wank stick Walker at lb
Nah, his delivery into the box could be really important.
I’ve already posted Saka needs support and think Walkers been poor… Ive got no issue with Trent coming in.

My comment was on Gary’s comments which were silly/hyperbole.

When INEOS replace ETH with Southgate at least we can't blame them for going from a manager with a certain style of play to a manager with a completely different style of play. England are a United incarnate. Same to same. We would be upgrading from a manager who took a team to the European Champions league semi to a manager who took a team to the European Championship Final.

Putting TAA on is pointless unless you have runners. England are literally stood about like statues, you’d be wasting your time unless you switch up personal who are in sync with him.

I don't necessarily disagree, but TAA instantly gives Saka more license to roam and adds far more progression than Walker. This "Walker tucking into midfield" garbage in the final third is laughable, at least TAA in that spot can provide danger

But yeah Gordon and probably Watkins need to be on as well as Palmer for me

How in God's name do people still want Kane on the pitch???

One of the few England creative player. And he can score a bit also. But his best work is when dropping deep. The way he's playing now is like a target man, which is an awful tactic.

Would like to see him with a pacey striker up front.

Dixon's defence of Southgate is nauseating. Dullards stick together.

You almost want this team/manager to get dumped out based on the last 3.5 matches and Gareth’s team selections and substitute decisions (or lack of)

I know you can make comparisons with Southgate and Solskjaer with the whole vibes fc thing and reliance on individual brilliance, but at least Solskjaer wasn’t afraid to make half-time changes for the better like Cavani on at HT against Soton.