Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

Gary Neville's love for Trent is scary.

If you're going to be dominating possession he's a great option at right back because of his delivery. The one concern is can you trust him defensively, but in the first half Walker got caught a few times so I don't think he could be any worse in that respect while probably offering more in possession.

But not in midfield. Never in midfield.

Another game where Kane just gets a pass because of his name. Absolutely ghosted that first half. When he did get the ball he lost it every single time too !

Everyone is talking about taking Foden off or Bellingham or Saka. Not a peep on Kane. At least with Toney or Watkins they'd be in the box stretching the defence.

Stones is very slow to get the ball moving and never passes forward. But he is completely different for his club side. And walker has been very poor indeed.

This has been a fantastic tournament for United. The chances of ever seeing Southgate managing us now is near zero.

The thought that anyone in our managment even entertained the idea that he might be a proper candidate is scary.

Shit cnut football from England under him.

He's going a bit OTT on Trent but there's a point there. Do we need Kyle Walker clogging things up now we need a goal?

From a neutral's perspective - Kane and Foden off, Gordon and Watkins in.

England really lacks pace and directness up front. Rashford could've helped a lot if he was in decent form, but that's a pity for England.

I thought Rice was 7/10 at everything.

His defensive work was all good I thought, but his passing was off. He's holding on to it too long sometimes, but maybe that's just because there's no one open for him.

He's following the ball quite a lot when we're in possession too. Sometimes always showing for it isn't the right thing to do, just causes the team to bunch up too much.

I hope bringing back capital punishment for the manager of the English national team is in Labour's manifesto that no one has bothered reading.

I wish there was a word to convey the joy I feel due to Englands misfortunes.

Why is England allergic to having controlling midfielders? Its been a trend for a long time.

Nice little clip at half time sped up of England passing the ball in their own half for 2 minutes between defenders. Foden, Saka, Kane doing nothing.

I thought Mainoo was clearly England’s best player. Mad that people are call him crap.

Why are the ITV panel ‘shocked at what we’ve just seen in that first half’

it’s been terrible for 3.5 games

Gary is gonna lose his shit if there’s no changes at half time

Yes Southgate is a horrible manager, but these lot play like they don't even want to be there. They should be ashamed of themselves. I hate it for you guys and I want England to go through but I love seeing Stones and Foden put on an absolute disasterclass like today.

It's obviously the manager instructing them to play that way.

His dour style and personality infects the entire team

Putting TAA on is pointless unless you have runners. England are literally stood about like statues, you’d be wasting your time unless you switch up personal who are in sync with him.

Who’s he going to deliver the ball to though? Kanes everywhere apart from the box.
Why?

There isn't anyone in the box. You could have beckham himself on the wing and he couldn't save this team. Never mind the poor mans copy.
England will have to throw everything forward. You can't have Kyle Walker crossing into the box at that point.