Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

The defenders only pass to players if they're in loads of space, even though we've got players with the ability to take it on the half turn and drive with it.

Kane looks finished. Foden is terrible on the left as well. Palmer and Watkins should be on at half time.

There’s literally no English player on the pitch that I like. And while I have never been a fan of England, I liked some of their players, like Beckham, Scholes, the Neville’s, Ferdinand, Brown, etc.

I do not understand how anyone can think playing Foden left wing is working.

Plus side, Bellingham doesn’t look like a pub player today.

Surely this must be the worst back-4 England have had in the last 50-60 years ?

Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon are shit. Why do ITV put these two twats front and centre?

England are trying to be very forceful, playing dumb passes.

Foden Kane and Saka are obviously wonderful players but neither has done enough in 3 games to warrant playing here.

If I’m Palmer, Gordon and Watkins I’d be raging.

What I am surprised is that it repeats , without fail, like some perverted Groundhog day every four years. Every single time.

It really does. It is absolutely fascinating. The sheer refusal by a whole country to learn anything from their mistakes is so funny.

I think Southgate is shite but that shouldn't absolve any blame to these players shitting themselves.

Absolutely it should. He's made them this way.

He raised them up at the first tournament, then blew the final (which was 100% him and I won't have it otherwise) and since then he's held them back and droned this into them.

It's the English mentality through and through to pass the buck, but it stops at him surely.

You have good midfielders, trust and use them and stop being cowards.

AWB >>>>>>> Walker in terms of supporting the attack. He just doesn't pass forward

Mainoo started well but he’s gone into his shell. Not taking responsibility.

Safegate will replace Mainoo with Gallagher at HT and tell him to make life difficult for the Slovaks in midfield. Can’t make an attacking change - that would be far too progressive.

Or he’ll bring Trent back in and ask him to play those raking long balls to stretch their defence.

Last edited: