Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

Yeah that'll solve the problem of us spending most of the half passing it around our backline and back to Pickford. Strange post.
It might get sent forward if the slow feck made a run like Watkins would do willingly. But yeah, let’s change nothing.

Not sure I’d want to take responsibility for this tbf, it’s like taking responsibility for setting fire to your pet dog
They also don’t pass it to him when he comes deep. Waiting instead for Rice who is useless in deep areas

Kane and Bellingham does not work in 4-2-3-1. Bellingham is a central midfielder who just had a freak goalscoring season and not a creative attacking midfielder. England can do one of 2 things:

1. Drop Bellingham deeper, switch to 4-3-3 and bench Foden for Palmer/Gordon.

2. Stick with 4-2-3-1 but play Foden central, move Bellingham to play alongside Rice and play Palmer/Gordon wide left.
I agree with Scholes, dropping Bellingham deeper would be more of a disaster.

Very bad from Guehi during those two corner kicks for England.. Why the hell do you block the opponent GK like that? It's clear foul

Used to happen to De Gea week in week out and never had a free kick given

Watkins, Gordon and Palmer on after the break. Bellingham, Kane and Foden off. Will never happen though. Southgate is clueless.

Just tuned in. What’s the story here? Against the play or deserved?

Defense are passing it around the backline and back to Pickford, and the midfield are just pinging random long aerial balls that find nobody.

So swap Kane for Watkins

Why is Kane so deep there? Did they not learn from when Rooney was doing it for England? Yes he’s good at it but there’s nothing up top to capitalise on it, when he wins it back.
He is selfish, same as Foden they are both getting into ineffective positions rather than doing what the team needs, just doing what they like.

Never have I seen a GK that hates the ball as much as Pickford :lol:

Bellingham looks awful today like he's playing Sunday league junior c
Funny that. Argentinean commentators here in my Latam stream saying he’s the only player trying to do anything and he’s playing with a bunch of muppets.

I hope this prick is remembered for the cowardly idiot that he is.

Worst manager in the tournament by a mile. Slovakia doesn't have world class players but can get a tune out of them and have a coherent style of play.

Should have been sacked a long long time ago.

I don't think have ever been this bad under Southgate, they've certainly regressed, even at an individual level. These 11 players should be playing better than this regardless of who the manager is.

Why? They are playing in a shite system, under someone they clearly don't believe in anymore and those that can do anything are watching the same players go out no matter how bad they are.

I'm sure you'd raise your game at work under those circumstances, but this England squad are playing under a huge black cloud.

It’s pretty boring actually when every single post when England are playing is a troll attempt.
Ah yeh I hear you, posters need to learn not to bother replying to it though, would stop pretty quick when they don't get the attention they want.

We need movement. Kane is too static and is even coming short for the ball whereas we need somebody to run behind, like Slovakia are doing and like how they scored their goal. We're playing in front of Slovakia and it's too easy for them to contain us. We're too narrow.

The instruction also needs to be to move the ball quicker, and that goes for the centre backs, too. Everybody is being too slow and there's very little movement all round.
Kane moves like a 70 year old.

Slovakia's counters have dried up quite a bit, haven't they? Won't survive 50+ more minutes like this.

Christ all this whinging and England will probably end up winning 3-1 or something. I mean Slovakia has freaking Dubravka as keeper.

The English players play as if they fecking hate each other, or they've never met. All the head-shaking, shouting and pointing. It's so United-esque.

I don't think have ever been this bad under Southgate, they've certainly regressed, even at an individual level. These 11 players should be playing better than this regardless of who the manager is.
They should be but he’s not playing Foden like he plays at City, no support for Saka so you don’t get his Arsenal performances, he should be telling Kane that if he drops deep again he’ll be dropped, he’s playing one of about 16 RBs at LB.

All to blame but Southgate is by far the main reason… and the consistent link tournament after tournament.

He shouldn’t have to. He’s like the youngest on the pitch.
That’s fine but I just want him to become the sort of midfielder that’s a ball magnet and dictates the play.