Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

Mainoo shouldn't be playing so deep and why Palmer not playing!!

Early days but shades of Iceland in 2016. The ‘easy’ draw straight out of the groups where you probably expect the other team to sit in and hope for the best, but they end up taking the game to you and beating England with an element of ease.
They’re doing us a favour to be honest, we’d get embarrassed by a good team and everything would get papered over if we made it to the semis first

Needs to get Gordon and Palmer on because we have nothing to cause them problems with.

Dreadful from Guehi.. header was poor but letting Schranz just run past him was shocking defending.

Would bench Trippier, Walker, Foden, Saka and Kane at half time. What I expect Southgate will do: maybe take off Guehi if he can’t continue.

Absolutely bewildering that a team of this talent can look so terrible.

Really is impressive from Southgate and Co.

He has to bench foden and get Gordon or palmer on but knowing southgate he will bench mainoo at halftime for gallagher

If they get dumped at this stage there's no way Southgate becomes our manager even if our season goes tits up. Good thing i guess
Still an hr to play…but I can’t think of a more underwhelming tournament from an England team.

zero threat in all 4 games so far despite the quality we have.

zero desire to change things up …which amazes me when everyone apart from Southgate sees is so blatantly obvious. Palmer and Gordon

England need to do what they haven't been able to all tournament... Score twice in one game :lol:

The 29th minute - England passing around the back line to just give the ball to Slovakia. They could have got at least one shot off, maybe two. Is this southgates instructions to play possession football and “control” the game ?

Dreadful from Guehi.. header was poor but letting Schranz just run past him was shocking defending.

It almost as it would have made sense taking a 6ft5 CB to the Euros

Easy side of the draw

I love this. It is the most typical England tournament there could be. Talk yourself up as a big favorite as always, the media and fans are as arrogant as always, the coach is as bad as always, the squad is as nervous and afraid as always and in the end, everybody seems to be surprised that England look like shit, as always.

Trippier trying to play leftwing and fullback and not really doing either.

The only real surprise is that corner we had earlier wasn't whipped straight back to Pickford