Rosenborg vs Manchester United (Mon 15th July, 17:00 UK time)

Even Ten Hag is saying it wasn’t good enough. It’s not the end of the world but there are still standards.

It's not just about the poor performance for me, it's about how everyone was playing it safe. No one was showing for the ball, no one was taking any risks and it's pre-season. Make big mistakes, concede goals, who cares? They pressed high and no one wanted to drop deep and take responsibility for moving the ball forward. We just kept passing it between the centre-backs and the goalkeeper until one of them got bored and passed it to a full-back, which ended in either losing the ball or just hoofing it forward and losing the ball.

If you're not attempting things in pre-season, if you're not taking risks now, then when?

Even Ten Hag is saying it wasn’t good enough. It’s not the end of the world but there are still standards.
Exactly, we've seen us in first season games but this was particularly horrid

Not based on this game but in general, any chance we can ship Rashy off? His always depressed bad mood state infects the whole team.

It's a continuation of last season, just less fit.

With better players we will of course play better, but if we don't change the shape of the team or how we play, it will be another bad season.

He was slow and lethargic. But just a bit better than Rashford and Hannibal who, in my view, were terrible.
Good to know and only first game of pre season against a team in the middle of their season but you’d still expect players to put the effort in. ETH really has to be flogging them in to shape this preseason or he’ll be gone by Christmas.

Plenty of the players were playing last season in our under 21s that finished 12th. Its not too surprising that they werent as good as Rosenborg who are playing their league season. I was just dissappointed in how few good moments there were. Even in defeat you'd hope for a few flashes of promise in otherwise under par performances.

We're linked to him, right?
Been linked for almost a year now. I’d snap him up right now and loan him back. His raw technical ability is already certainly better than McTominay, Hannibal and the current Casemiro’s, but he needs to play week in week out.

Now, this part I’m not sure of, but according to Football Manager, his release clause is £3.4m. That is utterly ridiculous when you consider that Hannibal cost us £10m.

As soon as I saw the squad I knew this would be a nothing game not worth watching. Seems I was right.

Been linked for almost a year now. I’d snap him up right now and loan him back. His raw technical ability is already certainly better than McTominay, Hannibal and the current Casemiro’s, but he needs to play week in week out.

Now, this part I’m not sure of, but according to Football Manager, his release clause is £3.4m. That is utterly ridiculous when you consider that Hannibal cost us £10m.
Scandinavians are pretty cheap

Can he please not get on about "not good enough" already.

Just respond with something like "It was a good chance to get some minutes in the legs for the youngsters and some of the starters, the pre-season is going well and we are looking forward to the Premier League rolling around again"

Can he please not get on about "not good enough" already.

Just respond with something like "It was a good chance to get some minutes in the legs for the youngsters and some of the starters, the pre-season is going well and we are looking forward to the Premier League rolling around again"

That is only reserved for when we are getting battered by relegation fodder with close to a full squad.

Again we struggled very badly building out of the back and he was one of the reasons for that.

I don’t agree to be honest. I though while we as a team were poor at playing out from the back, the 3 or 4 times we did it well he was a key part of the plays. That was the reason I originally said he impressed me - because he looked the only player in either half who was doing the right things in that exact respect.

That was a bad game. Vitek & Ennis looked decent. Collyer was ok. The rest were terrible

You should tell this to ETH and his coaches, and the youth coaches. Since it's these kinds of opportunities that they'll use to decide whether he kicks a ball for the first team or spends a couple of years on low level loans and is then released, never to be heard from again.
Oh it’ll definitely be that and not how he does in those loans or how he performs with the first team in training.

I don’t agree to be honest. I though while we as a team were poor at playing out from the back, the 3 or 4 times we did it well he was a key part of the plays. That was the reason I originally said he impressed me - because he looked the only player in either half who was doing the right things in that exact respect.

Yes of course he was involved in the 2 times we did it okay, as were all the other players who did it poorly overall

We play this friendly, in this manner, against similar opposition with a similar squad every fecking year, and people are legitimately complaining?

They never look like footballers until they go on tour, and even then it’s only 45 mins worth.