Rosenborg vs Manchester United (Mon 15th July, 17:00 UK time)

I can't actually believe what I'm reading on here. Surly people are just having a laugh commenting on this game.

Where can I watch the full match or highlights?

On a wider point, I'm not sure what we actually got out of the game or what we ever could have given the circumstances.

Yes, a good chance to gain match fitness but surely there was other ways to do that.

Yes, it was a good experience for the academy lads but surely they could have got that playing a Championship side?

Yes, it's an opportunity for loyal Norwegian fans to watch their team live but can't imagine tickets were cheap and they watched 45 minutes of 5 first team squad players gaining fitness and then an academy team.

Feels like our pre season schedules need a rethink, especially in the summers after major international tournaments. Appreciate the tours are a way of making money/attracting sponsors but surely there's a less chaotic/demanding way of doing that.

As I said, I don't care. Shouldn't have gotten those articles out then, did he? I wouldn't have said a word about his performance today if that article wasn't there. Maybe one small word about how he was terrible, along with the rest of the others and would have left it there. Foolish Rashford. :lol:
To be fair, no matter what he does people like you will find an excuse, so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. A child who wants a tantrum will find an excuse to have one.

To be fair, no matter what he does people like you will find an excuse, so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. A child who wants a tantrum will find an excuse to have one.
Nah, I'm not one of those. I'm one of those guys who's willing to give even Antony time because he shows his effort on the pitch even if he lacks quality.

What Rashford could have done is kept quiet and tried to show his work on the pitch and you wouldnt hear a thing from me. It's that simple.

People overreacting to this need to check themselves. In many ways I would have found it strange if we hadnt lost this one. Glad so many kids got a run out.

As I said, I don't care. Shouldn't have gotten those articles out then, did he? I wouldn't have said a word about his performance today if that article wasn't there. Maybe one small word about how he was terrible, along with the rest of the others and would have left it there. Foolish Rashford. :lol:

I’m confused. Why do you expect fitness training to translate to a player being match fit? If anything, depending how intense the training was, you might expect him to start pre-season quite slowly but reap the rewards towards the start of the new season itself.

I see various people on Twitter reporting the defeat. We must live rent free in these people’s heads. :lol:

Sky Sports headline are more dramatic that England loss yesterday.

The UK fox news channel really hate United.

I’m confused. Why do you expect fitness training to translate to a player being match fit? If anything, depending how intense the training was, you might expect him to start pre-season quite slowly but reap the rewards towards the start of the new season itself.
I dunno, I expect him to look sharper given how he was apparently supremely fit and worked very hard to get back to his best form and how much he loves the club. He looked anything but that. I'd say he set up that expectation in me with that article. :lol:

And like I mentioned a couple of times on here already, Mount looked way sharper and got more involved in our overall play. Not that it means he was good, but that was my expectation and Rashford fell well short of that.:nervous:

The reason people are pissed is the manner of the loss, not the loss itself. It was like a carbon copy of games from last season. We could've been watching Fulham v United and not Rosenborg v Utd. Players looking totally inept at both build up and pressing. Getting counter attacked and leaking shots. No creativity.

I'm in the wait and watch camp. Begrudgingly accepted Ten Hag because of the number of injuries we've had last season but I'll be up in arms if he gets a core of Onana, Shaw, Martinez, De Ligt, Dalot, Ugarte and Mainoo and still manages to not build from the back comfortably.

Minutes in legs for first teamers who need it (Casemiro in particular needs more time to get up to speed these days), chance to impress Ten Hag for the youngsters. Result was always meaningless in a game like this. Most of the U18s and U21s who played in this game don't even have any senior football experience so it was always a tall order to expect a win.

Just watched it. Clearly an overreaction on here. Playing a team that's in the middle of their season with players who have been training for a week. Of course that's going to show. We were also fielding a pretty poorly balanced side with a lot of youngsters. I mean, a centre back pairing of Fish and Evans, with a first outing (I think) for Murray, and a midfield of Mount and Casemiro.

The most notable things seemed to me to be Mejbri's unusual sloppiness, Mount's beard (like Michael Jackson with a beard, don't do it), Rosenborg's Nemcik going studs up on Casemiro and then cynically smashing into Mejbri. Might have been him also who left Mount in a heap.

The start of the second half was a bit more feisty from our players, even if they could not sustain attacks any better. At least they swarmed their players in possession and gave some back.

To those watching the youths regularly, how good is Toby Collyer?

Not having watched the game and at most will watch highlights, this is nothing to lose sleep over. First teamers will arrive soon.

What I want to see in in the friendlies in America more that fitness is cohesion. Apart from the FA Cup final we were a shambles all season in defense and attack. After cohesion I want to see much better finishing. Then we can start expecting consistent wins again. But if we’re supremely fit but still playing like headless chickens, it’s going to be another lamentable season at Old Trafford.

Yes it was just a friendly with mostly youth players but the same worrying patterns were present in the way we played is what some posters are saying, which is a valid concern. Defence was too deep, gaping chasm in midfield, no attacking patterns and an inability to play out from the back.

When we get players like Martinez, Shaw, Mainoo and Bruno back we better not be playing like this.

Such a shambolic performance. Can’t say I’m not surprised though, it wasn’t just about the match fitness. We could barely string together more than 1 pass, which is quite bad even for a pre-season game.

We should be all over that Nypan before someone els snaps him up. Only 17. Looked really good

To those saying it's just the first season game, I get it. I think the worry for me is the pattern and style we saw before Arsenal towards the end of the season played out again with remarkable similarity.

By all means be slow, even a bit sloppy, but we were blasting long hopeful balls and bypassing the midfield again only to have it come straight back (looking at you Casemiro, but could be the instruction, as Bruno wasn't doing that at the Euros), there was the huge gap again, we always seemed outnumbered wherever we were on the pitch, Rashford and company giving the ball away in dangerous areas trying flicks that were not on and we were conceding chance after chance just like we did during last season, the almost identical sequences brought back the trauma! :lol:

In my years of watching United, I've seen us have many an underwhelming first game in pre-season, but to concede 22 shots? Surely that's a first. If Rosenborg were any good, they could easily have hit us for 8.

Last edited: