Rosenborg vs Manchester United (Mon 15th July, 17:00 UK time)

Friendly or not, absolutely disgusting performance

Same old issues, clueless in beating the press with the ball, clueless in executing the press without the ball

1st pre season game, few "first team" players, lots of youth. Against a Champs level opponent who are well under way in the league. Not expecting much, just a good run around before the others return.

Friendly or not, absolutely disgusting performance

Same old issues, clueless in beating the press with the ball, clueless in executing the press without the ball
Also another game where we conceded over 20 shots. Could be heading for another long season.

Yes of course he was involved in the 2 times we did it okay, as were all the other players who did it poorly overall

No - not at all like the other players who did it poorly. A couple of the times he did well, he was mopping up poor or frantic play from others.

There were other times where he made similar moves but those around him weren’t able to find him.

It’s very difficult, if not impossible for one player to play out from the back if those around him are not on the same level. He showed enough today to suggest that with better players around him, and with more match sharpness, hewell able to play under pressure in tight spaces.

A bit of rust and a couple of mistakes doesnt undo that.

I know this is just a friendly match, but I will say this, because it is not just about this match

If I ever see Casemiro and Rashford play for us again, it is too soon. They are done. Regrettable or not, they are finished and i don't know who will buy them, if it's Saudi, they should go to Saudi, but they really have no business whatsoever playing for United, or anywhere in EPL for that matter. They are both beyond finished and it's simply painful to keep watching them

Last edited:
No - not at all like the other players who did it poorly. A couple of the times he did well, he was mopping up poor or frantic play from others.

There were other times where he made similar moves but those around him weren’t able to find him.

It’s very difficult, if not impossible for one player to play out from the back if those around him are not on the same level. He showed enough today to suggest that with better players around him, and with more match sharpness, hewell able to play under pressure in tight spaces.

A bit of rust and a couple of mistakes doesnt undo that.

Lots of mistakes and 2 good involvements in building from the back, along with another 3 players.

Lots of mistakes and 2 good involvements in building from the back, along with another 3 players.

More than 2 good involvements and a couple of mistake. Why are you making things up about a young player playing his first game minutes of the season?

This place is a joke sometimes.

Rashford sucks the life out of the game for me.

Always lethargic, never happy, even his goal celebration is depressing. He's the exact opposite of someone like Ronaldinho whose joy at playing football was contagious.

Honestly at this point I dont care how many goals he could get for us, it isnt worth the dark clouds he brings with him. Just sell.

Nice to everyone having a totally normal one in here and not having a total melt down that 4 first team players and some youth players who have probably never played together lost 1-0 to a team who have started their season.

Yeah I mean first game of pre season but it didn't look good did it.

Same issues as last season and looked clueless in attack.

First half had half the first team squad in and I felt like I'd gone back in time.

Look let's give it the benefit of the doubt as it was mostly kids and the first game of pre season but let's be honest Liverpool city and arsenal would look somewhat like how they'd like to play even in the first game and with the youth.

Let's hope it improves significantly.

Nice to everyone having a totally normal one in here and not having a total melt down that 4 first team players and some youth players who have probably never played together lost 1-0 to a team who have started their season.
Played together at this level you mean? Cause they have played together plenty at u-21s and u-18s level. That 2nd half was pretty much our u-21s starting lineup towards the end of last season. But yea, its pre-season. It's good experience for all of them, I won't read too much into it.

I will be harsh on Rashford though, only cause he was foolish enough to get out stupid PR articles and I'll judge him based on that. If only he had kept quiet.:lol:

First half had half the first team squad in and I felt like I'd gone back in time.
It didn't really, the only actual starters we had were Rashford and Casemiro, the other 3 senior starters were rotation players.

Yeah I mean first game of pre season but it didn't look good did it.

Same issues as last season and looked clueless in attack.

Look let's give it the benefit of the doubt as it was mostly kids and the first game of pre season but let's be honest Liverpool city and arsenal would look somewhat like how they'd like to play even in the first game and with the youth.

Let's hope it improves significantly.

Liverpool's pre-season last year started with them shipping 6 goals in two games to two teams in the German second tier. One they rescued a late win in, the other they drew. This was with essentially their entire first team playing.

Arsenal also started their pre-season last year with a draw against a second tier German side. Again, heavily featuring first teamers.

These German sides were also in their pre-seasons.

God knows what City were up to as they seem to start their pre-seasons really late.

We played a team halfway through their league season, with only five senior players, and lost 1-0 in stoppage time with just the kids out.

Stop being hysterical.

Rashford sucks the life out of the game for me.

Always lethargic, never happy, even his goal celebration is depressing. He's the exact opposite of someone like Ronaldinho whose joy at playing football was contagious.

Honestly at this point I dont care how many goals he could get for us, it isnt worth the dark clouds he brings with him. Just sell.

Totally agree, would move him on for anything over £60m.

It always blows my mind how seriously some people take these pre season games. I didn't see the game and I don't care, but looking at the lineup only our midfield could be argued to be vaguely in the region of first team player (although nowadays I'd expect Casemiro and Mount to be bench / squad players at most). As long as nobody is injured it simply doesn't matter.

Liverpool's pre-season last year started with them shipping 6 goals in two games to two teams in the German second tier. One they rescued a late win in, the other they drew. This was with essentially their entire first team playing.

Arsenal also started their pre-season last year with a draw against a second tier German side. Again, heavily featuring first teamers.

These German sides were also in their pre-seasons.

God knows what City were up to as they seem to start their pre-seasons really late.

We played a team halfway through their league season, with only five senior players, and lost 1-0 in stoppage time with just the kids out.

Stop being hysterical.

Stop talking so much sense.

I watched the game on MUTV and felt Rosenberg were a much better team than us however this was our first pre-season friendly against a team who are halfway through their regular season so was more about fitness than winning so I dont really care about the result.

It was good to see some of the youth getting a run out alongside senior players and Ethan Wheatley should even have scored but hit his shot straight at the keeper.

Played together at this level you mean? Cause they have played together plenty at u-21s and u-18s level. That 2nd half was pretty much our u-21s starting lineup towards the end of last season. But yea, its pre-season. It's good experience for all of them, I won't read too much into it.

I thought it was pretty obvious I was referencing the two groups, senior and youth team who made up the squad in the first half. The second half is totally irrelevant as its not even players the manger will work with directly.

I will be harsh on Rashford though, only cause he was foolish enough to get out stupid PR articles and I'll judge him based on that. If only he had kept quiet.:lol:
This is just foolish reactionary nonsense, sorry I can't think of anything nicer to say about it.

I'd be concerned if we perform at these levels when we play Arsenal or Liverpool. Right now, no.

Anyone getting even a little worked up over this result doesn’t know shit about football. If we fielded our best 11 and got this result I wouldn’t be bothered. Preseason is only about fitness and practicing formations/tactics that have been drilled in training. If we look like shit the first few games of the season, that’s when you worry.

The only thing I’m watching is if anyone looks way off it. I’m looking at you Casemiro.

This is just foolish reactionary nonsense, sorry I can't think of anything nicer to say about it.
Yup, I know it's foolish. I thought the green smiley implied as much. And I don't care. He's brought it upon himself. When you put out PR articles mentioning that you trained like a beast and are supremely fit to then go out and appear not even remotely close to being ready then I am going to call him out. Mount who spent months out injured looked way more sharp and got far more involved than Rashford.

Some of the reactions in here...

Pre-season resuits mean nothing. Yeah we didn't play great but did anyone expect us to play well in our first friendly with a bunch of kids against a team who are midway through their season.

Remember when everyone got hyped during LVG's first preseason and various other only for us to lose our first game of the season.

As ever, anyone reading anything into pre season is mental. Community shield will be first look at where we’re at and even that’s not 100%

Ten Hag already bemoaning performances not being up to the standard required. I know it's the first game but my reaction was "here we go again".

Let's see what unfolds but I won't be surprised if his methods and tactics are as unpopular as ever with the players, or if those methods and tactics are simply not workable.

Even for a performance with kids it was spectacularly bad. Every single one of the senior players looked terrible. Rashford apparently trained all summer and was in peak fitness for ... that.

Insulting another member
Yup, I know it's foolish. I thought the green smiley implied as much. And I don't care. He's brought it upon himself. When you put out PR articles mentioning that you trained like a beast and are supremely fit to then go out and appear not even remotely close to being ready then I am going to call him out. Mount who spent months out injured looked way more sharp and got far more involved than Rashford.
It's preseason you boob, you can't train yourself up to match fitness without playing. Get the stick out your bum.

Didn't watch this but relax, it's the first game of pre season, it's about fitness, 90% of the squad not even there.

Nah, ETH needs to be sacked, everyone but McT should be sold, the club needs to be burned down, Jim needs to go back to wherever he dodges his taxes from and every player under the age of 21 needs to be sent on loan because they didn't show anything today.

It's preseason you boob, you can't train yourself up to match fitness without playing. Get the stick out your bum.
As I said, I don't care. Shouldn't have gotten those articles out then, did he? I wouldn't have said a word about his performance today if that article wasn't there. Maybe one small word about how he was terrible, along with the rest of the others and would have left it there. Foolish Rashford. :lol: