Romelu Lukaku | Napoli watch

It would be a good gesture to collect it and later give it to a supporter. I imagine any Inter-mad kid would be thrilled to have it.

Exactly. It could have been treasured by some young lad.

And not doing so just further highlights his own incompetence in the match, such strange behaviour.

Nor have I. A Europe League losers medal would be of no interest to me either.
I think it’s the just the lacking of respect of atleast acknowledging it, better players have picked up a lot more devastating losers medals than lukakus Europa league medal. He just seems like a big baby.

That OG reminded me of Ole’s CL winner. Uncanny.

But the disappointing final aside, looks like he’s had a good campaign with them. Good for him. One of those rare transfers where everyone involved is happy.

He’s a decent striker when given good service, but he’ll never fit a side that wants to play fluid football with quick 1-2s and passing.

Exactly. It could have been treasured by some young lad.

And not doing so just further highlights his own incompetence in the match, such strange behaviour.

Look mindless hate on him for no real reason is one thing but criticising him for not wanting to collect a runners up medal after scoring an own goal which turned out to be the winning goal is too much .

I'm sure he was devastated and it's understandable he wanted nothing to do with collecting a losing medal and watching Sevilla celebrate.

If that happened Utd and the player responsible reacted the same we would all have sympathy and not blame him for reacting the same way

There is some kind of obsession with Lukaku here.

I mean, he didnt exactly set the world alight while at United, and had some disrespectful comments, but he did kind of put that in the past with his comments a few days ago?

Look mindless hate on him for no real reason is one thing but criticising him for not wanting to collect a runners up medal after scoring an own goal which turned out to be the winning goal is too much .

I'm sure he was devastated and it's understandable he wanted nothing to do with collecting a losing medal and watching Sevilla celebrate.

If that happened Utd and the player responsible reacted the same we would all have sympathy and not blame him for reacting the same way
Nah, he sulked and made it about him and was unsportsman like. What if the whole team didn’t feel like getting their medal? I think the club would be criticised. I think He needs to get over himself

It’s not too much.

He’s attention seeking, this is what he does.

All it does though is highlight he’s weak mentality. Gives the media another story to highlight how he’s failed. He brings this on himself.

All he needs to do is man up, collect his medal like everyone else does, all the time, and stick it in a drawer or give it away.

I’d be criticising a Utd player for doing the same, that’s why he doesn’t have the mentality to be at a big club.

But the disappointing final aside, looks like he’s had a good campaign with them. Good for him. One of those rare transfers where everyone involved is happy.

He’s a decent striker when given good service, but he’ll never fit a side that wants to play fluid football with quick 1-2s and passing.
I agree on the 1st part but Inter has played a better/more fluid football than us lately imo.

Tbh if I had never won a competition before and the reason we lost was because I scored an OG I'd find it hard to go up and receive a medal that would remind me of that fact. Do not blame him for not wanting it.

I agree on the 1st part but Inter has played a better/more fluid football than us lately imo.
I haven’t watched their matches tbh, but are you saying they are playing fluid football with Lukaku in front? I can’t even imagine how.

Tbh if I had never won a competition before and the reason we lost was because I scored an OG I'd find it hard to go up and receive a medal that would remind me of that fact. Do not blame him for not wanting it.
I don’t blame him for not wanting it either, I wouldn’t expect him to hang it above his mantle piece but just grow up and go and get it, give it away to a fan or charity or whatever. Show some maturity and respect instead of going off on his own somewhere Sulking.
Each to their own, I just find him funny

It’s not too much.

He’s attention seeking, this is what he does.

All it does though is highlight he’s weak mentality. Gives the media another story to highlight how he’s failed. He brings this on himself.

All he needs to do is man up, collect his medal like everyone else does, all the time, and stick it in a drawer or give it away.

I’d be criticising a Utd player for doing the same, that’s why he doesn’t have the mentality to be at a big club.

How do you attention seek by going to your dressing room and not being seen?

Oh dear. And you can’t edit that pathetic reply now can you.

No more pathetic than the mindless hate directed to him in this thread.

Just shows how far we have fallen that we have to take our failings out on one ex player who has refused to criticise Utd when asked

I mean, he didnt exactly set the world alight while at United, and had some disrespectful comments, but he did kind of put that in the past with his comments a few days ago?
I know. Some people could really do with letting go and moving on. It's unhealthy to hold on to so much negativity.

He's just such a bizarre case is Lukaku.

Has anyone ever scored so many goals, yet been seen as "crap" by so many people!?

No more pathetic than the mindless hate directed to him in this thread.

Just shows how far we have fallen that we have to take our failings out on one ex player who has refused to criticise Utd when asked

Lukaku’s attitude and his unprofessionalism whilst he was at the club, and whilst leaving are very clear to see and have been pointed out so many times.

In no way does it show our failings, as we are far better in attack without him, and didn’t even replace him.

If Lukaku showed an ouch of class then he wouldn’t be ridiculed as he is.

However, he didn’t, and he makes it so easy to laugh at him.

That's originally what I thought.

But since the move, all Lukaku has done is say how he was having wet dreams about leaving United and Inter have been boasting on social media every time Lukaku even managed to control a ball in training sessions.

Because of that, I was heavily rooting for Seville.

But since the move, all Lukaku has done is say how he was having wet dreams about leaving United and Inter have been boasting on social media every time Lukaku even managed to control a ball in training sessions.

The same. If it wasn’t for Lukaku I’d have wanted Inter to win for Ashley Young.

It's not enough for some

But all 3 parties are happy in that sense right? We are happy we got rid of him and managed to get a good transfer sum. Inter got a decent striker who suits them, and he seems to enjoy his football there.

He was never a good enough striker for a team with serious aspirations. I don’t care what he has to say about United, he might still be bitter about it.

I would rather have Martial so let's get that clear. Wanted to keep both though.

Just Lukaku had an overall better season in terms of scoring goals.

Yeah but in Italy though, this is a league where Ashley Young went from being 2nd/3rd choice fullback at United to being a first choice winger for the 2nd best team in Italy at 35. Context matters and Serie A isn't that strong right now.

Some people are strange. Hating him for not collecting a loser’s medal? :lol: Imagine if Fernandes or Martial had done that? ‘Winner’, ‘leader’ etc. Lukaku is nowhere near as good as either and I’m happy he’s gone, but the double standards here is ridiculous. He praised us and put our problems in the past on Monday, so why can’t we do the same?

Some people are strange. Hating him for not collecting a loser’s medal? :lol: Imagine if Fernandes or Martial had done that? ‘Winner’, ‘leader’ etc. Lukaku is nowhere near as good as either and I’m happy he’s gone, but the double standards here is ridiculous. He praised us and put our problems in the past on Monday, so why can’t we do the same?

No one hating him for it, it’s almost the opposite, it’s bloody hilarious!

Attention seeking Lukaku, makes it all about himself as per usual. It is comical.

Yeah but in Italy though, this is a league where Ashley Young went from being 2nd/3rd choice fullback at United to being a first choice winger for the 2nd best team in Italy at 35. Context matters and Serie A isn't that strong right now.

You can say it is just Italy, but it is not like PL sides did well in Europe this season.
All PL clubs failed so not sure we should look down on other leagues.
Defending has generally been strong in Italy so it is not just to easily score.

No one hating him for it, it’s almost the opposite, it’s bloody hilarious!

Attention seeking Lukaku, makes it all about himself as per usual. It is comical.
I honestly don’t think he’s attention seeking. He just scored the winning own goal in a European final. We find it funny, but I doubt he does! He probably doesn’t want an instant reminder of that, which people here have already pointed out.

He's just such a bizarre case is Lukaku.

Has anyone ever scored so many goals, yet been seen as "crap" by so many people!?

Mario Gomez. Better player overall (before injuries left their mark), but same concept.

Mario Gomez. Better player overall (before injuries left their mark), but same concept.
I was actually thinking about that comparison the other night but I think Lukaku is a better overall player. Maybe I'm not remembering him right but wasn't Gomez a fox in the box poacher with very little else to his game? I can't recall him before his injuries so maybe you're right but I just remember him scoring 40+ goals in one season for Bayern and a lot of them were really scrappy, opportunists goals (very effective obviously).

Inzaghi is another one of those players where you think, take away the goals and there's nothing there.

I honestly don’t think he’s attention seeking. He just scored the winning own goal in a European final. We find it funny, but I doubt he does! He probably doesn’t want an instant reminder of that, which people here have already pointed out.

Yet if he had done what every other normal football does, collect the medal with a somber face - and he doesn’t bring this additional attention to him.

I’m sure he doesn’t find it funny!

I don't have any strong feelings about Romelu Lukaku but I would find his lack of humility/self-awareness on the pitch annoying whether he had played for us or not. Just look at that 'fail' compilation that was posted; he's almost always looking at his teammates in a questioning manner, or pointing fingers at others, or just moaning, when it's usually him who is responsible for the move breaking down or the chance being wasted. It's just not an endearing quality. There were rumors that his United teammates got frustrated with him and that he wasn't the most popular lad, and I can believe it based on those moments we see during games. Doesn't mean I hate him or want him to fail, but there are loads of footballers who have annoying quirks that I might post about on a football forum, big deal.

But all 3 parties are happy in that sense right? We are happy we got rid of him and managed to get a good transfer sum. Inter got a decent striker who suits them, and he seems to enjoy his football there.

He was never a good enough striker for a team with serious aspirations. I don’t care what he has to say about United, he might still be bitter about it.
I know United are happy to get rid. Inter are happy to get s striker that can lead the line for them. But I think deep inside, Lukaku can't be ecstatic. He got dumped by the rich hot girl and is telling himself that he never wanted to be with her in the first place :lol:

I know United are happy to get rid. Inter are happy to get s striker that can lead the line for them. But I think deep inside, Lukaku can't be ecstatic. He got dumped by the rich hot girl and is telling himself that he never wanted to be with her in the first place :lol:

Which is why i kinda pity him.

I knew he's happy to join us. But we dumped him and his ego hurt. Never really loved us anyway he said

That’s the best analogy I’ve heard, and think it rings 100% true.

Yeah I should not have said nope so I edit the post. Overall Martial is the better player, but Lukaku the better goalscorer.
Simply not true.

This season Martial has one of the best conversion rates in the world. You seem to forget he was out for two months or PL is much harder than Serie A.