Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

United had many man childs when Mourinho was around. Than we added another in Maguire.
deGea, Maguire, Pogba, Lukaku, Martial, Rashford. Thankfully we got rid of one, need to get rid of them all.

You can’t simply ignore that he invented 31 languages and can speak 97 in total the last I heard. He is also the inventor of pointy sign language which he regularly promotes on the football pitch. You just can’t ignore that. But on other hand you also can’t ignore he is a donkey which he also regularly proves. So to conclude the whole argument I would say he is the smartest donkey the world has ever seen.

But I thought we'd made a massive mistake letting him go because he scored a couple of tap ins early season?

Speaking multiple languages equating to being intelligent is probably one of the weirdest concepts I have read on the Caf.
He is inteligent at learning languages, it's a sure thing. We all know that there are multiple layers of inteligence, if that's your point.

He is inteligent at learning languages, it's a sure thing. We all know that there are multiple layers of inteligence, if that's your point.

When you’re a kid and have multiple languages being spoken around you, you end up speaking multiple languages. I grew up speaking four languages because I was surrounded by people speaking them. It really didn’t require any effort or intelligence. But now trying to learn fifth or sixth language would require determination and commitment but not really intelligence.

When you’re a kid and have multiple languages being spoken around you, you end up speaking multiple languages. I grew up speaking four languages because I was surrounded by people speaking them. It really didn’t require any effort or intelligence. But now trying to learn fifth or sixth language would require determination and commitment but not really intelligence.

I know what you mean. I learned english with cartoons (in the old days they were not dubbed, but rather subtitled). And spanish due to the exposure to spanish music who keeps hiting the tops.

Meanwhile, I barely speak Romani despite having lived in a neighborhood where almost 80% of the people were gypsies. But Lukaku actually learned a couple of them as adult. It's half commitment and half intellingence.

When learning french at school I remember that some students with lower grade spoke french much more fluently than students who had better grades. If you have commitment you might learn the rules, but you need intelligence to know how to properly apply them.

what do you understand intelligence to be? aptitude at solving numbers? "determination & commitment" could be used as as a minimalistic way to describe learning anything.

Being multi-lingual does not equate to a higher IQ. Stilly take

https://neurosciencenews.com/bilingual-intelligence-16219/

That's not what the article says. It says being bilingual - Lukaku is a polyglot not bilingual by the way - doesn't mean you're smarter and doesn't improve your mental stability. These things weren't said about Lukaku, in fact some of this water has already been treaded:

However, intelligence isn't a straight line and being proficient in multiple languages doesn't mean it will translate into being proficient in other things such as: visuospatial skills (though I do believe he's quite good at those too being a top level striker), attention, broader reasoning etc. It does mean you're intelligent though.

people often conflate intelligence with calculus - someone even made an Einstein reference here - I don't.

He was dropped because he's shit against any half decent side. Comments just a convenient excuse.

His Chelsea career is cooked anyway. He'll scuttle away to Italy sooner or later.
One of my favourite things to happen this season.

United fans warning Chelsea fans Lukaku was a moronic flat track bully who can't keep his mouth shut - Chelsea fans lapping up the 'saltiness' from United fans after Chelsea spend £100m on him - Lukaku does nothing all season and effectively hands in a transfer notice then starts mouthing off (after putting on weight again) - tumbleweed

I wouldn’t even call him a flat track bully. That implies he dominates lesser sides. Manage to score occasionally against them? Yes. Bully them? No. If we lined up against Aston Villa tomorrow they would be relieved to see Lukaku out there instead of the shape and style we play without him. If he wants to go back to Italy, he should. That’s his level, and maybe the only place aside from the French league that won’t completely destroy the image he has of himself.

I wouldn’t even call him a flat track bully. That implies he dominates lesser sides. Manage to score occasionally against them? Yes. Bully them? No. If we lined up against Aston Villa tomorrow they would be relieved to see Lukaku out there instead of the shape and style we play without him. If he wants to go back to Italy, he should. That’s his level, and maybe the only place aside from the French league that won’t completely destroy the image he has of himself.
Italy is his level, United fans said that when he left. Luckily we managed to convince Inter he was worth what we paid for him, I very much doubt they'll pay Chelsea what they signed him for.

They'll still somehow make obscene profit on him. The Chelsea way.

They'll still somehow make obscene profit on him. The Chelsea way.
That's because they sell their mistakes fast, while they still have market value. We keep ours, blame the manager, blame the system, blame the new manager, change their position and argue amongst ourselves while the player runs their contract down or ends up on loan somewhere after 4 seasons of averageness while we pay them to play for someone else.