Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

Rawk
Wow… that Lukaku interview with sky….
He’s really not happy. Clearly regrets leaving inter and seems to be angling for a move back again…

Even their players know its a shit club
wot's he said?

"Chelsea are fecking scum. Their fans are c*nts, their owner is a c*nt, and they'll be back to mediocrity when the corrupt c*nt fecks off"
Their £100m man is not in the squad.

Fair play to Tuchel. He's like a little bitch Lukaku. Funny to see him come back in a £100m deal and everyone can tell already it's going to be a failure. Who could have saw it coming?
He'd have been nothing to worry about today anyway. He's a fecking loser IMO.
Plastic clubs deserve plastic players.
So he thinks NOW is the right time to talk about all this? In the middle of a season? Yeah, great timing Romelu
It's always seemed to be the culture of Belgian internationals to say that shit in the press Lukaku to be fair has done it at about four different clubs now, seriously impressive stuff that
No one likes Chelsea , not even their own players. Hardly news.
Lukaku is a great example of why taking penalties as a striker matters. Scored 12 over 2 seasons at Inter compared to 0 and Manchester United. Made his goal numbers go up, makes him look better, got a much bigger contract.
Ha bloody hell he has absolutely volleyed the shit out of them. Nice.
Only concern is now they sell him next summer and sign Haaland.
Haha he fecked up their new year excitement already, cant happen to better bunch.
I see Lukaku out is trending. Loads of spoilt entitled twats wishing him gone despite him costing 100 million.
It’s really odd.
Like most footballers, at heart he seems a decent guy who just wants to play…
There entire success has been built on Abramovich, mercenaries and short term thinking. they know what they and cheer the success it brings
Wasn't a big fan of Lukaku, but since yesterday i started to like him.
He's showing zero respect for Chelsea. It's beautiful.
I'd hate for one of our lads to be saying he's not enjoying being here and hinting at going back to their previous club pretty much soon as they can, it's disrespectful whatever way you look at it.

It is disrespectful but it's hard to feel any sympathy for them. It's Chelsea after all. Rotten club
state of their fans, talking about loyalty and pride.

I read a comment about how player power at Chelsea needs to end now as if it hasn’t been like this since the start of the Abramovich era.
Such a weird club. Feels like every player and manager who goes there leaves with no sense of loyalty or connection with the club. How many former managers do they not despise?
Lukaku has moved there a few months ago and has already given the fans the middle finger.
Tuchel’s has his first bit of bad form and his comments to the press are hardly a show of support of confidence in his players.

But how much sympathy for Lukaku? He was a Chelsea product already and he knows exactly how their terrible fans are.
Lukaku being out doesn't change much for me. He's not that great. A boost is a player like Kante being out.
Also with our high line, I'd be more concerned about Werner regardless of his shit finishing.

They’ve scored two goals from open play in the last 4 games and Lukaku has scored both in the last two
Big positive for us he is out imo
Lukaku dropped from squad. Not sure if that's good for us or not.

Could go one of two ways as the squad stop playing for Tuchel or it galvanises them.
We need to go there and be angry after the Leicester embarrassment and normally react well to things.
don’t think lukkaku being out helps us that much to be honest…
We will see.
Skelator obviously not that worried about numbers if he's dropping Lukaku just when he's showing a bit of form and hunger. Big move with the month they have coming up.

Skelator=T. Tuchel.

Roy Keane just got the call to be in the studio for Sky on Sunday. He's ready. He has his usual bog standard preparation done with his - If I was in that dressing room, I'd pin that guy up against the wall - line being readied as we speak
His big worry is not what tie to wear but whether to let his beard grow or not.

I like the beard,it makes him look like an angry gnome.

I don't know whether it is worth interjecting at this point here but where we live we tend to meet quite a few African lads who can speak Italian, French, German, even English to accomplished levels. I'm not saying a whole racial group have a knack for learning languages but I certainly think they put some effort into learning.

Look, 75% of young people in Europe learn their native language and English. Their native language usually has roots in another language, usually a bordering country, think Danes and Swedes or Poles and Czechs.

So it's not a huge thing to have you get European people knowing three languages of the bat. Combined with these guys travel for work and interact with a massive international cohort of colleagues from a young age, they'll be able to pick up basic phrases in say another language.

We haven't even added into family members who are different nationalities who might speak another language as well.

There is a difference being fluent in multiple languages and being able to have very basic rudimentary interactions in several languages.

Now, this is situation is unfolding quite nicely. He is basically unsellable as he only wants to go back to Inter. I can't see Bayern or his other desired clubs (Barca, Real) making moves after his latest antics.
I also think his relation with Tuchel is beyond repair now. If he is not starting against Pool today, this is it then.
Chelsea might get rid of TT in this case as I can't see them getting rid of Lukaku after 6 months.
At least this will unsettle them as a club.
Would be really amazing if we could get TT in the summer. Him and Ralf :drool:

Look, 75% of young people in Europe learn their native language and English. Their native language usually has roots in another language, usually a bordering country, think Danes and Swedes or Poles and Czechs.

So it's not a huge thing to have you get European people knowing three languages of the bat. Combined with these guys travel for work and interact with a massive international cohort of colleagues from a young age, they'll be able to pick up basic phrases in say another language.

We haven't even added into family members who are different nationalities who might speak another language as well.

There is a difference being fluent in multiple languages and being able to have very basic rudimentary interactions in several languages.
Yes, I appreciate there is a difference. I can order a beer in most languages, but I'm saying the lads we come across can hold a conversation in several languages. By all means believe differently but that would be ignoring the plain truth someone who knows for fact is telling you.

Not for me and I'm an Afro Latino British diaspora kid from South London myself, who has lived in 3 continent and speaks 3 languages. I do not have a limited circumference of friends or anecdotes, and there's no way in hell speaking 5 or 6 languages is "fairly normal" anywhere I have been.

That's your perspective, I gave you mine and we have different ones. If I look at people around me the majority speaks 4 to 6 languages.

Very unlikeable bloke, what about staying fit and helping the team, shutting up and staying out of the media. When he retires in a few years when his big lump of a body breaks down, he’ll be forgotten instantly by all the clubs he played for. A journeyman lacking loyalty, focus and commitment, shame on him. Inter is still winning the league easily without him-shocker.

My ex was Spanish / Basque so she could speak Spanish, Basque, Italian (semi fluent), Portuguese (semi fluent) and could get by with French as she summered in the Pyrenees.

And she couldn't tell the difference between her right and left.

Yes, I appreciate there is a difference. I can order a beer in most languages, but I'm saying the lads we come across can hold a conversation in several languages. By all means believe differently but that would be ignoring the plain truth someone who knows for fact is telling you.
For a fact.

Alright Rafa

The trouble is, he really, really isn't that good a player.

Oh he scored 30 goals for Inter.

I don't care. My dog could score 30 goals for Inter.

He's horrific in build up, can't last 90 mins, gets shut out by centre backs half his size, I mean Daly Blind, god bless him, is 5'7'' with a dodgy ticker and he pockets Lukaku six days a week and twice on Sundays. Isn't clinical, very one footed, selfish, lazy and moans all game.

I hope he goes back to inter and wins nothing.

He’s thick as feck in the sense that it should be blatantly obvious that nothing he says in that interview is going to make him look good. What good could possibly come from all of this, nothing.

He lets Inter fans know how much he loves the club, and that he was so unhappy at not being offered a new contract a year after Inter made the massive investment of signing him that he wanted to feck off. Not that it mattered much, because either way he wanted to join Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern a few years down the road. Brilliant.

The timing as well :lol:

Lukaku still has this massive chip on his shoulder, it’s like he constantly needs to be looked after to prevent him from self destructing. His last season at United is a perfect example, came back looking way too big after the World Cup, did an interview where he laughed off the notion that he was out of form, stronger than ever, talking about being a Mourinho favorite because he’s run through a brick wall for him and that other players just needed to grow up. Posted shirtless pictures of himself to show how fit he was. Then he did a new interview later on where he blamed his form on bulking up too much for the World Cup and that he was fast approaching his old self. Got ridiculed for his lack of pace, posted in house speed runs to demonstrate how fast he was. It’s bizarre just how insecure he is about himself, and how the opinions of others gets to him.

Jaysus Christ this thread got sidetracked with language talk. Gowlbags can speak several languages. It isn't unusual.

Would Inter take him back ?

They're doing fine without him. Dzeko and Martinez have picked up the goal load and are well on there way to winning another title.

Hearing he’s been dropped for today’s game because of his comments?

Yep. Reported this morning by Ornstein at the Athletic. Will be left out of the squad entirely.

That's your perspective, I gave you mine and we have different ones. If I look at people around me the majority speaks 4 to 6 languages.

You said it was fairly normal. It is not. Even a provisional google search will tell you only 3% of the global population speaks 4 languages or more. Yes, diaspora kids will have a disposition to speak multiple languages, but not many are as proficient as Lukaku. I'm not even doubting your anecdotal evidence, I'm just saying it isn't fairly normal, because, well, it isn't.

Yeah, I reckon he can order a beer in a couple of those languages and that's it.

Funny. But he's also a very accomplished footballer, which speaks well to not only his physical abilities, but his visual-spatial awareness and attention, especially as a striker. Lukaku is intelligent. Doesn't matter how much redcafe posters want to wrestle to paint him otherwise.

Is it the English thing or what because it’s keep getting mentioned that if you are a polyglot you must be smart ? A large amount of population in the world know multiple languages, clearly everybody must be smart then, well No. Just because the brits are one dimensional and poor when it comes to languages, it isn’t the be all or end all on the scale of smartness. Smartness is judged on many things, being a polyglot is just a part of it. It’s hilarious how scintillating learning other languages people like you find it.

I mean, you could just read instead of making sweeping generalisations. here, see how I said intelligence isn't a straight line and can encompass a lot of things:

It is indeed a marker of intelligence. However, intelligence isn't a straight line and being proficient in multiple languages doesn't mean it will translate into being proficient in other things such as: visuospatial skills (though I do believe he's quite good at those too being a top level striker), attention, broader reasoning etc. It does mean you're intelligent though.

people often conflate intelligence with calculus - someone even made an Einstein reference here - I don't.

He’s rising to the top of my most hated list he’s a complete muppet

I had all but forgotten him when he moved to Italy but he’s mentioned us many times now and stated how unhappy he was and slated his new club publicly, i dont care for Chelsea but in this case Lukaku comes across like a prick.

You said it was fairly normal. It is not. Even a provisional google search will tell you only 3% of the global population speaks 4 languages or more. Yes, diaspora kids will have a disposition to speak multiple languages, but not many are as proficient as Lukaku. I'm not even doubting your anecdotal evidence, I'm just saying it isn't fairly normal, because, well, it isn't.

Funny. But he's also a very accomplished footballer, which speaks well to not only his physical abilities, but his visual-spatial awareness and attention, especially as a striker. Lukaku is intelligent. Doesn't matter how much redcafe posters want to wrestle to paint him otherwise.

I mean, you could just read instead of making sweeping generalisations. here, see how I said intelligence isn't a straight line and can encompass a lot of things:
Romelu, I know you're bored not having a match and all but perhaps log off.

Actually I think he might be pretty smart. He is on high wages while going through a few clubs. I feel he may be just too sensitive and entitled.

I remember Anelka and Jimmy Floyd both mercenaries but did their job when they are the respective club and never caused so much trouble at all.

I like how this is going on. Don't like the guy one bit, especially after United episode.

Having the ability to learn, comprehend and speak multiple languages fluently, is a marker of intelligence. I mean, a basic definition of intelligence is often the ability to learn/acquire knowledge and apply it efficiently. Speaking multiple languages fluently is a reflection of said concept. I don't even know why this is debatable. At no point did I say he is Einstein, just that he is intelligent. Again, intelligence isn't a straight line.

Not for me and I'm an Afro Latino British diaspora kid from South London myself, who has lived in 3 continent and speaks 3 languages. I do not have a limited circumference of friends or anecdotes, and there's no way in hell speaking 5 or 6 languages is "fairly normal" anywhere I have been.

Being intelligent and being an idiot aren't mutually exclusive. And no, that's not what I am essentially saying. What I'm essentially saying is that Lukaku is intelligent and that his proficiency with languages is a marker of intelligence.

And where did I say it makes one more intelligent than others? And you're wrong. It is indeed a marker of intelligence. However, intelligence isn't a straight line and being proficient in multiple languages doesn't mean it will translate into being proficient in other things such as: visuospatial skills (though I do believe he's quite good at those too being a top level striker), attention, broader reasoning etc. It does mean you're intelligent though.

people often conflate intelligence with calculus - someone even made an Einstein reference here - I don't.
It is very much debatable as there are millions of examples of all over the world of people speaking several languages without them being specially smart, when I said "Einstein" I was purposely exaggerating.
My initial point is that if one speaks several languages, it gives me no indication of one's level of intellect whatsoever. Speaking several languages isn't that special at all in many parts of the world.

Yeah, I reckon he can order a beer in a couple of those languages and that's it.

:lol:

Jaysus Christ this thread got sidetracked with language talk. Gowlbags can speak several languages. It isn't unusual.

he speaks eight languages which I think is fair to say is quite unusual

but the debate is a bit pointless though, because clearly intelligent people do stupid shit all the time

It's not a diaspora thing though. I'll give you an example for an african from a french colony that went at least to highschool it's not rare for them to speak decent english, french, the most common national dialect and a regional dialect. After that you have many that move to countries like Spain, Italy, Germany and add other languages. I also didn't even took into account the fact that both parents could have two different native languages or anyone that travelled to over african countries.

It's not a diaspora thing though. I'll give you an example for an african from a french colony that went to at least to highschool it's not rare for them to speak decent english, french, the most common national dialect and a regional dialect. After that you have many that move to countries like Spain, Italy, Germany and add other languages. I also didn't even took into account the fact that both parents could have two different native languages or anyone that travelled to over african countries.
Can he say...”excuse me, can you help me improve my first touch?” In any language?

Lukaku lived with Boswinga in his first year at Chelsea and learned Portuguese from him

that's seriously impressive

I'm skeptical about that kind of things, unless you use and used that language continuously it's unlikely that you are fluent. I'm personally at four languages and then there are three others that I understand but I wouldn't say that I speak them, mainly because I don't use them often and it takes me time to be comfortable.

It's not a diaspora thing though. I'll give you an example for an african from a french colony that went at least to highschool it's not rare for them to speak decent english, french, the most common national dialect and a regional dialect. After that you have many that move to countries like Spain, Italy, Germany and add other languages. I also didn't even took into account the fact that both parents could have two different native languages or anyone that travelled to over african countries.

For clarification, when I refer to diaspora in this context I’m speaking of African diaspora. Kids of African descent born in and/or that migrated to countries outside of Africa. Most people I know are bilingual or speak multiple languages, that’s common and reflected in said provisional Google searches with stats ranging from 40% to 48% of the world population being bilingual. +5 languages though, it’s a small percentile of people.

I'm skeptical about that kind of things, unless you use and used that language continuously it's unlikely that you are fluent. I'm personally at four languages and then there are three others that I understand but I wouldn't say that I speak them, mainly because I don't use them often and it takes me time to be comfortable.

I'm actually surprised more footballers don't speak more languages in general, to speak another language fluently immersion I'd say is critical, and with them living in different countries, and mixing with different nationalities on a consistent basis from the age of 5 they're in a privileged position, obviously most don't take advantage of it, but even a team mate of Lukaku, Kovačić speaks 5, whilst a fair few others speak 3.

Lukaku grew up speaking French and Flemish having being born in Belgium whilst speaking Lingala to relatives, that's three right off the bat then having lived in England and Italy, while not common for most people let alone footballers, he then spoke English and Italian.

During his time in England he stayed with a Portuguese team mate (immersion) and learned his language, its genuinely impressive but considering footballers are in the perfect environment for learning languages and have all the time in the world, I wouldn't say its exceptional.

Lukaku knows French, Flemish, Lingala, English, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and some German apparently? The only languages there that you could say are unusual is Spanish and German as he had no ties there (aside from team mates) and considering Spanish and Portuguese have close linguistic ties, that only really leaves German as the standout, to what level is his German? I couldn't say, but it would be interesting to see an interview in German (I'm off to Google).