Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

The "not happy with the current situation" part at least makes sense with the context of when this interview took place (3 weeks ago, when he was back from injury but not playing).

As for "a defence", I don't really think anything he said is THAT bad, but then again I'm not a hysterical bitchboy and I'd suggest anyone who is really bothered by this, is.

He's just a bit of an idiot.
he also spoke of the managers change of system which leaves no room for him

You have to really question if Lukaku is the full ticket. Very odd behaviour burning bridges so quickly after joining a new team

I got no time for this guy. Comes to United and says he wanted to leave after the second game (although that didn't come out until two years later), and now this completely baffling interview....He's completely tanking his value and I don't see many clubs willing to take a risk on someone with such a terrible attitude. And you know this wasn't an accident, he really went out of his way to alienate his new club and praise Inter as much as he could. Just bizarre.

So, whilst trying to be realistic, what should Chelsea do with him?

I don't think there is much you can do other than get him to apologise and get him back playing again

maybe you can fool someone into giving you some decent money for him in the summer

cut losses if possible.
Send him to his love manager Conte and see how much you can get out of him

Tell the fan base to gain some context and just play him. Nice to see players being honest and not just generic feckwits who spout the same boring as feck crap every time they open their mouths. Glad he's not at United anymore that said, he basically downed tools on us and gave an interview on how he didn't like it here.

We'll just loan him out and get Haaland in if we want.
See… my great fear is that BVB said they would sell if a price was met, we agreed to meet the price behind the scenes, Haaland said no to us as a destination, as a result BVB said our money was no good, and we turned around and laid an obscene amount for Lukaku to save face.
I would of course LOVE to have Haaland … but given all that, I don’t see how it’s possible.

GettyImages-105952022.jpg

Get rid. It probably won't be much of a loss money-wise. Inter will give you 75-80 million, they get him back and make out with 20-ish million, you put the cash towards a crack at Haaland in the summer.

He scores goals but he's not a good enough player to completely bend over for.

Get rid. It probably won't be much of a loss money-wise. Inter will give you 75-80 million, they get him back and make out with 20-ish million, you put the cash towards a crack at Haaland in the summer.

He scores goals but he's not a good enough player to completely bend over for.

that would be an incredible deal if they take a 20m loss with him one year older and asking to leave - to Inter

If Kane leaves Spurs this summer, I can see Conte requesting Lukaku as his replacement. That would be an interesting cross london transfer...

Good call. I think both clubs would probably take that.

Except Spurs would neither want to nor could they afford to offer Chelsea the amount required for Chelsea to cut their losses and move on from Lukaku.

100 Million is a crazy amount of money to lose. Chelsea and Lukaku will devise a plan to keep the fans onside which is understandable. Doesn't detract from the fact what he's said is vomit-inducing for the fans and the club.

Well done Ole for getting rid and those who slagged Ole off should now lower their heads.
I suspect Chelsea haven't paid most of the £100m up front, so whatever the down payment was last season it should be easy for Inter to return that and write off the rest if all parties are interested in a quick u-turn

Sell him to whatever Chinese Super League club or Qatari club wants to go for him, even if it means some amount of money lost. The main point is to sell a problem as far way as possible.

Sell him to whatever Chinese Super League club or Qatari club wants to go for him, even if it means some amount of money lost. The main point is to sell a problem as far way as possible.
China is a no go now, the fun days are over since the wage cap was introduced. Qatar, PSG, City and Newcastle are his only hope now.

I almost feel sorry for him. He must've thought "I'll do this interview in Italian so the Inter fans won't hate me anymore but the Chelsea fans won't care".

I'm trying to think of a time I made as big an error of judgement. Maybe back in 1995 when I spent all my savings on a Sega Saturn instead of a PS1.

i would have taken that one to the grave!!

I suspect Chelsea haven't paid most of the £100m up front, so whatever the down payment was last season it should be easy for Inter to return that and write off the rest if all parties are interested in a quick u-turn
He's most likely on bigger wages now which Inter won't be interested in though.

Once the dust settles, is this as bad as Kepa vs Sarri ? I don't think so. He just needs to put his head down and work hard which I think he will do.

Once the dust settles, is this as bad as Kepa vs Sarri ? I don't think so. He just needs to put his head down and work hard which I think he will do.
I’d say it’s worse than keppa and sarri as that was in the moment adrenaline running through keppa, whereas this is calculated by lukaku

Ring Newcastle. Easiest way out.
I'd be surprised if he was okay with missing at least the rest of this and next year's Champions League campaign. Realistically probably more than that - I would definitely bet against Newcastle finishing top four next year.