6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant run.

This has been his best game for us comfortably.

Brilliant. Just needs to do that more consistently

Pretty much everyone who had seen Lukaku at Everton, Chelsea and WBA could tell you, put the ball in front of him and he’ll do damage. He is not a target man. Ball put in front of him twice tonight and he has two goals. Hopefully the penny has dropped with the players and the manager.

Said a few days ago, his overall touch and play is improving all the time. Fantastic pair of goals today.

Just keep hammering the small teams.. next season he will come good with a better midfield.

Pretty much everyone who had seen Lukaku at Everton, Chelsea and WBA could tell you, put the ball in front of him and he’ll do damage. He is not a target man. Ball put in front of him twice tonight and he has two goals. Hopefully the penny has dropped with the players and the manager.

Exactly.

Easier said than done. Not many teams give him that space to run into.

Great goal, loved that run. From near our box to scoring.

From corner, on counter every team will give that much space. Not from open play though

The problem is he makes some big first steps and then slows down , he must always have someone next to him so if he can't shoot to have the option to pass

Really good performance today, clinical but generally looks electric. Hope he brings this to CL as well.

Been brilliant today. Be good if he could play like this against decent teams mind.

Said a few days ago, his overall touch and play is improving all the time. Fantastic pair of goals today.
tbh his first two touches were quite bad, he lost like three yards on defender but in the end managed to keep him in behind with the use of his muscles and good finish, just thought the keeper could cover that side better, it was highly probable that Lukaku cant go across with the defender going from that side and having the ball under the body.

But anyway happy for him, great vision anad pass by Sanchez too

Guy is like a bull , pacy & powerful , put him through & any cb can only watch him shoot.
He is always that kind of striker for years. Did the hattrick against us in same way
Just don't use him like drogba/zlatan type of striker

Second goal. Looked like a full grown man chased by 11 years old boys.

He is the least of our team problems .. really
The criticism was unfair
put the ball in front of him like what mata did ( lingard can't ) & he will produce
Scored loads with hazard & kdb supplying him

Edit : see?

I've always said he needs more service, but it also got to the point where he wasn't doing his part either. His first goal was excellent though, and we know he's capable of that, hence some of the previous criticism being justified eventually, imo. Stream cut off so didn't see the second goal unfortunately. Sounds like it may have been even better.

I agree he is not a target man at all but I have followed his career a fair amount and he was played as a target man one season at Everton. He was alright but that's not his natural game.

Still, he can be very inconsistent and miss chances so it's not just putting the ball in front of him. I still think he is a very good striker but I want someone better to lead the line

His second goal was offside though.

67twl0.jpg

Much better player now than he was back in August. Reminds me a bit of Andy Cole, hopefully he can keep developing like Cole did.

Solid MOTM performance. He need to deliver this 4/5 game and we're challenging.

Big difference today was he got himself a lot more involved than he has been

10/10. Flawless performance.

Hopefully he carries this to the upcoming matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.