View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, his overall play is better than what people give him credit for. I would just prefer if he played like a proper nine, selfish and lazy so he's in right place to score.
This is how I feel about it, too. It’s always nice with a workhorse, but a team also needs an egoistic player who is positioning himself for the next goal.

He played really well but he doesn’t into positions where he can get chances often enough for me.

Spot on. People talk about not given service to him but if he does not make the movements then the service will not be there. He stands there and waves his arms about but without his movement the defenders will get the ball or the provider is not able to get a cross to him.

So, he's an 80M forward who never surprises the oposition defenders either with skill, pace or middle shooting.
He's basically an expensive poacher, although he does work his socks off usually.

Spot on. People talk about not given service to him but if he does not make the movements then the service will not be there. He stands there and waves his arms about but without his movement the defenders will get the ball or the provider is not able to get a cross to him.
And who sets up the teams formation?

Feel sorry for him today.

He’s hardly put a foot wrong - maybe just ovehitting one pass to Martial.

Been out main creative outlet.

And got feck all in return from his teammates.

People have been questioning all season if he’s good enough for us. Maybe the question is are we good enough for him?

Excuse me, but what the hell is that supposed to mean? The guy has 12 league goals, 5 in his last 17 or something. Only goals against relegation fodder when we’re on top of things....

On here he gets praised to the heavens for putting a ball through to Sanchez (which was intercepted by the defender as the ball wasn’t directed well enough) - like that’s the standard we’re going for. It was fecking Newcastle - of course he’s going to look ok at times, even I would. What matters is that he blew a big chance and once again lumped off the pitch without scoring a goal. He totally lacks killer instinct and positional skills, that’s why he isn’t scoring.

I touched on this yesterday if you think about some of his assists this season or passes that should have resulted in assists he's been right up there as one of our best creative players this season but there lies the problem you dont want Lukaku making those passes you want him on the end of them

Excuse me, but what the hell is that supposed to mean? The guy has 12 league goals, 5 in his last 17 or something. Only goals against relegation fodder when we’re on top of things....

On here he gets praised to the heavens for putting a ball through to Sanchez (which was intercepted by the defender as the ball wasn’t directed well enough) - like that’s the standard we’re going for. It was fecking Newcastle - of course he’s going to look ok at times, even I would. What matters is that he blew a big chance and once again lumped off the pitch without scoring a goal. He totally lacks killer instinct and positional skills, that’s why he isn’t scoring.
Not a fan of his at all but compared to Pogba, Lingard, Martial yesterday he was a colossus.

He isn’t good enough.

He’s fine against dross teams when we can carry a extra man, but he doesn’t provide enough when we are under pressure and doesn’t have the ability to create something out of nothing.

I know we won’t but we should really cut our losses in the summer.

He isn’t good enough.

He’s fine against dross teams when we can carry a extra man, but he doesn’t provide enough when we are under pressure and doesn’t have the ability to create something out of nothing.

I don't disagree, but who do you bring in as a replacement? Kane? Levy won't sell him to us.

Unless the idea is to play Martial/Rashford there.

To be honest, I'd use Sanchez as a 'false 9', but that's not Jose's style.

He isn’t good enough.

We should sell a £75m striker after one season :lol:

He said should everyone :lol:

We should sell a £75m striker after one season :lol:

He said should everyone :lol:

Cut your losses when things aren’t working - what’s the point in persisting with someone that’s not obviously the answer. That’s been our problem for far too long keeping a hold of players who aren’t good enough.

Would anyone bat an eyelid if we sold 40m defender Lindelof this summer?

Cut your losses when things aren’t working - what’s the point in persisting with someone that’s not obviously the answer. That’s been our problem for far too long keeping a hold of players who aren’t good enough.

You mean 31M defender Lindelof. You must be crazy if you think United should sell Lukaku this summer. Ridiculous from you again.

You mean 31M defender Lindelof. You must be crazy if you think United should sell Lukaku this summer. Ridiculous from you again.

He was 31m plus 10m in add ons.

Perfect let’s keep him another 5-10 years so we can continue to debate whether he’s good enough or not like we do far too often with many of our players.

Ridiculous posts in this thread. He was very good against Newcastle.

He was 31m plus 10m in add ons.

Perfect let’s keep him another 5-10 years so we can continue to debate whether he’s good enough or not like we do far too often with many of our players.

Are there any CBs at this club you rate? Let me guess, Rojo right?

Jose keeps saying lines like...we were never going to score today, we couldn’t buy a goal etc

But you begin to wonder if it’s his team/tactics or is big Rom not delivering.

Maybe he needs a rest, maybe he needs to get angry.

But it happens far to often at United, passing the blame around the team like a fairground ride.

Are there any CBs at this club you rate? Let me guess, Rojo right?

This is the Lukaku thread but if you really want to know I think Bailly is excellent, Rojo was very good until he got injured last year but hasn’t been as good this year since he returned.

I’ve never been convinced by either Smalling or Jones. Lindelof could potentially be a player one day as he has decent enough technique but he’s struggled thus far at United.

I think all of our CBs bar Bailly would end up at the likes of Everton, West Brom etc if we sold them tomorrow. Do you think the likes of City, PSG etc would entertain any of them as starters?

Lukaku makes 36 year old Zlatan look world class. Just in terms of ability and not necessarily scoring.

Not sure which Zlatan have you watched, 36 year old Zlatan stunk up the place when he played and went back to regain fitness. He looked like championship footballer vs Bristol and Burnley.

Ridiculous.

If we win that game none of this bollocks is posted and we are all saying how good Lukaku was. Give the lad a fecking break.

What that is supposed to mean is that he played very well against Newcastle, you absolute weapon. Nor did he blow any “big chance”. Feck me. The nonsense posted in this thread since the weekend really takes the breath away. So many people completely incapable of judging a performance on its own merits.

What that is supposed to mean is that he played very well against Newcastle, you absolute weapon. Nor did he blow any “big chance”. Feck me. The nonsense posted in this thread since the weekend really takes the breath away. So many people completely incapable of judging a performance on its own merits.
My Irish mate uses weapon as a compliment

:lol: Not sure why, I found bold part funny. .

Spot on Pogue, people are incapable of judging performances, there are some go to players to blame whenever we don't win and it doesn't matter how well that player plays.

This is the Lukaku thread but if you really want to know I think Bailly is excellent, Rojo was very good until he got injured last year but hasn’t been as good this year since he returned.

I’ve never been convinced by either Smalling or Jones. Lindelof could potentially be a player one day as he has decent enough technique but he’s struggled thus far at United.

I think all of our CBs bar Bailly would end up at the likes of Everton, West Brom etc if we sold them tomorrow. Do you think the likes of City, PSG etc would entertain any of them as starters?
Agreed.

As far as Lukaku is concerned until he starts bringing others into the game with his hold-up play to world class level it will be though for us to compete.

Yesterday on show were two strikers of the calibre we need in that area, both Kane and Higuain were phenomenal.

It just goes to show how underrated Zlatan was by many of you last season, when apparently any decent striker would have great numbers in Mourinho's system. Zlatan was still our best creator and an unbelievable goal scorer.
That said, Lukaku is doing fine and played well versus Newcastle, but it's harder than many realise to be an attacker at United, the speed of our transitions from defence are horrific.

It's really annoying. He's been one of our better performers in recent weeks and easily gets the most stick on here.

It's really annoying. He's been one of our better performers in recent weeks and easily gets the most stick on here.

Exactly. He got a load of shit early on for having no all round game but over the course of this season his involvement in the build-up has come on in leaps and bounds. In fact, he’s arguably become the player most likely to create a quality goal-scoring opportunity (which must be frustrating as feck for him) The Newcastle game was about as good a performance a striker could produce in a game where he didn’t get on the scoresheet.

But for some strange reason all the hard work he’s obviously putting in to be a better team player is being deliberately ignored by a bunch of stubborn twats who decided he’s useless ages ago and are in complete denial about any evidence to the contrary.

He was one of our best players last Sunday. I don't understand the criticism that he's getting on here to be honest.

What has this got to do with team formation? It is up to the individual players for the movements on and off the ball.
It's got everything to do with formation and balance.
When you see him out wide trying to dribble and cross then something is not right

When Lukaku scores - his all round play is poor, he's just a poacher!

When Lukaku creates - not good enough, we need him on to be the end of chances, his movement is so poor so he has to drop to create

When Lukaku scores and creates - yeh but he's still a donkey and Martial should be playing ahead of him...

Status
Not open for further replies.