View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Played like a mid-level team striker. A big reason why we shot blank against fecking Newcastle.
Can't believe he didn't finish the through ball chance with an open goal. Oh no hang on, that was Alexis, having been played in by Lukaku.
Nevermind, that one on one with the keeper or the two chances in 5 seconds in the 6 yard box. Oh no hang on, those were all Martial.

I wish Lukaku would stop dragging these megastars down.

Played like a mid-level team striker. A big reason why we shot blank against fecking Newcastle.

Yeah he is the reason why we didn't score. Not because Martial missed one on one, double chance from 4-5 yards, Sanchez missing open goal.

Lukaku played well today the problem is though he was playing the passes you want him to be on the end of

Goalscoring wise I say again he hasn't got going since October, doing too much outside of the box/in the build up rather than staying up front getting on the end of things

The one United player who did not humiliate himself at Newcastle.

How anyone can think of criticising him today is beyond me, easily our best player.

The pass he played for Sanchez chance was really deft and the cross he put in for Martial was also good, overall his lay-offs were solid today as well, the best of our attackers.

Him and Sanchez were good I thought. Really impressed with how well his overall game has improved. Clearly has the right mentality for this club.

Thought he was excellent today. Not his fault the rest of the team had no fight until the last 5 minutes.

Such a shame that when he does exceptionally well with his build up play, the rest of the team are on holiday.

He played really well but he doesn’t into positions where he can get chances often enough for me.

He played well. But is he a player that can produce something out of nothing in tight games? Thats my only problem with him. I don't think he shows enough variation and cuteness in his shooting. In our last winning premier league season we had RVP producing moments of brilliance from impossible angles. Just think he lacks deafness in touch required to finish certain chances which can decide big and tight games.

He was okay today, nothing more than that. People blowing smoke up his arse for an average performance is starting to wear thin.

When was the last time he created his own chance?

When was the last time he scored a goal out of nowhere like Kane and Aguero do weekly?

When was the last time he carried the ball at a defence causing them any sort of panic?

He's a total fvcking disaster. I'm also sick to death of him criticising teammates if they don't get on the end of his overhit passes or he can't reach their balls. How can the likes of Mata, Sanchez and Martial create chances for a none moving target.

He was okay today, nothing more than that. People blowing smoke up his arse for an average performance is starting to wear thin.

When was the last time he created his own chance?

When was the last time he scored a goal out of nowhere like Kane and Aguero do weekly?

When was the last time he carried the ball at a defence causing them any sort of panic?

He's a total fvcking disaster. I'm also sick to death of him criticising teammates if they don't get on the end of his overhit passes or he can't reach their balls. How can the likes of Mata, Sanchez and Martial create chances for a none moving target.

And you're calling people going overboard with him?

Same shit happened against Leciester. The other forwards are to blame for today. He did everything right.

Definitely one of the very few players who had a decent performance. Played hard and made things happen for us.

Those of us that are criticizing him are probably doing so because today what we saw was the best of Lukaku and yet what difference does it make. His best just doesn't seem to be good enough.

Those of us that are criticizing him are probably doing so because today what we saw was the best of Lukaku and yet what difference does it make. His best just doesn't seem to be good enough.

If Sanchez and Martial score their big chances Lukaku is probably hailed as man of the match.

His best today didn’t make a difference due to poor finishing, nothing to do with him, he can’t set up and finish the chances himself

I think he is putting in a lot of hard work in every game, which makes him being everywhere else but in front of the goal. That’s a problem.

Time will tell. I have seen enough of him and he just isn't up to the level to be a starter for Man United. He is limited.
The fact that you've made your mind up in less than a season, and that you're rinsing him in a game that he played well in.... you're full of shite.

Should be terrorizing defences with the the attributes he has - small steps in that direction maybe.

Still not doing enough for me. Not alone in that today, obvs.

There are definitely issues there and he's far from the perfect centre forward right now, but he definitely wasn't at fault for today. He needs to pose more threat in terms of goalscoring but his all round game has improved so much, in contrast to so many of his team mates. If he can just meld that with the more potent side of his game then he'll be flying.

I thought he was our best player after Sanchez. The only criticism I can make is that he should just stay up there and wait to be played in, don't come back looking for the ball and just be patient.

People blowing smoke up his arse for an average performance is starting to wear thin
I agree. He wasn’t as shit as he normally is so people praise him.

He is better than his recent performances and I’m sure will improve slightly, but we need better quality. Martial or Rashford up front would change our team dynamic and can’t do any worse than Lukaku. He needs dropping.

The fact that you've made your mind up in less than a season, and that you're rinsing him in a game that he played well in.... you're full of shite.

Keep attacking me if it makes you feel better. I am basing my judgement on half a season and his career. I knew what his strengths were and followed Lukaku for a while. I knew fans on here would be frustrated because he is not a target man despite many believing him to be.

I just didn't know he would be this limited. He may still be a good player for us but trust me, he will never be able to lead the line for us in a premier league winning season unless he's surrounded by world class players.

Having watched him through out his career a lot I can tell you he is no where near his best at the moment. Probably due to how he is asked to play by el heffe.

I thought he was our best player after Sanchez. The only criticism I can make is that he should just stay up there and wait to be played in, don't come back looking for the ball and just be patient.
Him coming short for the ball was the catalyst for most of out best chances yesterday.

I noticed his ball supply was mainly to his feet which resulted in Lukaku producing better first touches and layoffs.

Him coming short for the ball was the catalyst for most of out best chances yesterday.

I noticed his ball supply was mainly to his feet which resulted in Lukaku producing better first touches and layoffs.
Don't get me wrong, his overall play is better than what people give him credit for. I would just prefer if he played like a proper nine, selfish and lazy so he's in right place to score.

Is it just me or does he only ever seen to win knock-on headers when there is no one actually running into the space? I can't remember his knocking on the ball during an attack in a long time.

Is it just me or does he only ever seen to win knock-on headers when there is no one actually running into the space? I can't remember his knocking on the ball during an attack in a long time.

Or our players don't gamble and make the runs, they are lazy arses who will only move if they think ball is there to win.

Maybe though.

Status
Not open for further replies.