Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

And why weren't they sanctioned these years ago ? They waited till their country invaded another one to remember and start sanctioning them ? Why aren't people from other invading countries getting penalized ?

We're not talking about Russia deserving it or not, we're talking about the hypocrisy.
Jesus wept. Let it go. I get your point - hypocrisy yada yada yada. But its a weak argument. Its like me killing a few Germans and them locking me up and I say 'Oh the hypocrisy! How many jews did you kill!' You can use that argument for anything. And yes I agree there a few thousand other fkers with blood on their hands but lets focus on the ones in front of us right now.

And why weren't they sanctioned these years ago ? They waited till their country invaded another one to remember and start sanctioning them ? Why aren't people from other invading countries getting penalized ?

We're not talking about Russia deserving it or not, we're talking about the hypocrisy.

We are talking about Chelsea and AR. You are talking about hypocrisy. Just open a new thread about hypocrisy in sanctions on football clubs please, so we can talk about how this affects Chelsea and all actors involved.

Does this hypocrisy mean that no action should be taken?

Jesus wept. Let it go. I get your point - hypocrisy yada yada yada. But its a weak argument. Its like me killing a few Germans and them locking me up and I say 'Oh the hypocrisy! How many jews did you kill!' You can use that argument for anything. And yes I agree there a few thousand other fkers with blood on their hands but lets focus on the ones in front of us right now.

It's none of your business me letting it go or not. Last I checked you're not even part of the discussion, and if you're annoyed by my posts, the ignore feature is present.

Does this hypocrisy mean that no action should be taken?

Exactly. This why this bizarre argument is a load of crap. Fair enough complain about how many others get away with it, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't be punished. It's just terribly inconsistent. But the right thing is being done.

We are talking about Chelsea and AR. You are talking about hypocrisy. Just open a new thread about hypocrisy in sanctions on football clubs please, so we can talk about how this affects Chelsea and all actors involved.

Chelsea and Roman are part of this. He has been a corrupted person for as long as I can remember but he's getting sanctioned now because of Russian invasion.

Exactly. This why this bizarre argument is a load of crap. Fair enough complain about how many others get away with it, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't be punished. It's just terribly inconsistent. But the right thing is being done.

If this opens the door to some more stringent measures with ownership surely everyone is delighted?

Don’t get the moaning

So…can we take Tuchel, Kante, Rudiger, Mendy from Chelsea on free transfers yet or do we wait until the end of the season :)

I read on the Shed End that after a couple of days the government can sell the club and if if/when the dust settles Roman sues and wins the government would owe him the proceedings of the sale.

It's just a post from a (from my experience good) posted so not 100% sure if that's true but if it is we'll probably have Candy in this time next week.

We'll see. There's so much information flying around and we're just reaction to everything in real time. I'm sure we'll have a better picture of what could happen in the coming days.

Nick Candy taking over with the backing of an investment group wouldn't be the worst outcome in the world.

So you agree it's the right thing to do? Hooray!

Bring one sentence in any of my posts that said it's wrong to punish war criminals ? We're talking about a different point me and few others pointed, that you and others want to ignore because it doesn't suit your agendas so let's sweep it under the carpet and keep on with what we're doing.

Hes a businessman who owns businesses. You would be an oligarch in a heartbeat if anyone would have you too. Don’t seem how he’s directly linked to the war.

We Krupps never cared much about [political] ideas. We only wanted a system that worked well and allowed us to work unhindered. Politics is not our business.

— Alfried Krupp

He owns a steel company that supplied raw materials to the Russian military.

UK sold weapons and planes to Saudi Arabia for this to happen.
4AMp20K.jpg

https://en.irna.ir/news/82940306/Two-Yemeni-civilians-killed-in-Saudi-air-attack

Bring one sentence in any of my posts that said it's wrong to punish war criminals ? We're talking about a different point me and few others pointed, that you and others want to ignore because it doesn't suit your agendas so let's sweep it under the carpet and keep on with what we're doing.

No, it doesn't suit this thread. As I said, make a new thread about the war crimes of Israel and USA, and why we should ban their teams and I'll gladly join you.

We'll see. There's so much information flying around and we're just reaction to everything in real time. I'm sure we'll have a better picture of what could happen in the coming days.

Nick Candy taking over with the backing of an investment group wouldn't be the worst outcome in the world.
From a footballing POV it will probably be the best under the circumstances. The only worry would be would he be too sentimental (like a lot of the terrace fans which he is are) to make harsh but correct decisions with players and especially managers?

*for anyone preparing their size 9's yes I know it's a pretty trivial matter compared to Ukraine.

No, it doesn't suit this thread. As I said, make a new thread about the war crimes of Israel and USA, and why we should ban their teams and I'll gladly join you.

Ok, what about KSA owners allowed to own an English club despite their war crimes at Yemen ? Or doesn't that suit your agenda as well ?

No sympathy for Abramovich obviously, but I do feel sorry for the fans.

Ok, what about KSA owners allowed to own an English club despite their war crimes at Yemen ? Or doesn't that suit your agenda as well ?

What are you going on about my agenda ffs? I've said 10 times for all I care KSA, Israel, USA... get punished too. Just stop posting about it in this topic about Chelsea, AR and sanctions on Russia.

We Krupps never cared much about [political] ideas. We only wanted a system that worked well and allowed us to work unhindered. Politics is not our business.

— Alfried Krupp

Yeah let’s ignore the fact that industrialists like Krupp on the US side helped win the war.

History truly is written by the winners.

Simply because there is an immense pressure to do that now. The sad reality is, most of us don't really care about the wars in middle East etc., it barely gets any media attention too as it just seems to be far away and there is no threat to us. We (as humans) only start to act when our own arses are on fire. We have never had an invasion this big in Europe for decades and since we are not prepared to send our troops there, the only option left is to do what we are doing now, which is to send weapons, humanitarian aid, and sanction individuals connected with the regime in hope that maybe it will trigger some reaction in Kremlin. Hypocrisy is not a right word here.

It's none of your business me letting it go or not. Last I checked you're not even part of the discussion, and if you're annoyed by my posts, the ignore feature is present.
Ignore
I dont see why. They have sucked on the teat of a dictatorship regime and gained prominence because of that. What about the fans of all the other clubs that didnt get that. What about the fans of clubs like Derby etc. Feel sorry for them. Even so. They will come out of this smelling like roses. Give it a few weeks and another billionaire will pull them out. They will be fine.

Here's the thing though.....it's only march. How long can they really sanction him and basically freeze Chelsea? I just can't imagine by June or July those sanctions wouldn't be lifted for them to do business again.

the real question would then be, if he can't sell the club in due time, would he pump money into the club during the summer for transfers?

I dont see why. They have fed on the milk of a dictatorship regime and gained prominence because of that. What about the fans of all the other clubs that didnt get that. What about the fans of clubs like Derby etc. Feel sorry for them. Even so. They will come out of this smelling like roses. Give it a few weeks and another billionaire will pull them out. They will be fine.
Not really interested in whataboutism. I feel really sorry for the Derby fans, I feel sorry for Chelsea fans too though. If it all ends up fine then sure there’s no reason to but right now their owner is being sanctioned and can’t sell the club, doesn’t seem like an ideal situation.

We are enjoying success with his initial investment. So if we have to suffer then let it be.This few months we won't bother about it.

With current situation we will still go extinct as a club as world champions. :)