Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

Not really interested in whataboutism. I feel really sorry for the Derby fans, I feel sorry for Chelsea fans too though. If it all ends up fine then sure there’s no reason to but right now their owner is being sanctioned and can’t sell the club, doesn’t seem like an ideal situation.
Its not whataboutism. I said don't feel sorry for them because they have been sucking on the teat of a dictatorship regime.

Head in the sand I see.
And that.

We may not turn into the English version of Bayern but anyone predicting us to dive down the leagues are going to be very disappointed. The worst thing that could happen with this is we might wind up with shit owners as the government won't care (where Roman might have) about their motives so long as they have enough money to keep us ticking over, but most of the league has them anyway so it's not as if we'd be at some massive disadvantage in that scenario.

We are enjoying success with his initial investment. So if we have to suffer then let it be.This few months we won't bother about it.

With current situation we will still go extinct as a club as world champions. :)

You’ll be fine in the longer term I’ve no doubt. Big changes ahead though a bit more turmoil but you won’t go through what Wigan, Bury, Derby etc have.

Or says a lot about how gullible you are to the western media. You really think Glazers don’t have any skeletons? You really think they have no blood on their hands. Okay mate.
That isn't what you said though.

You said you'd rather be owned by murderers than be murdered.

What are you going on about my agenda ffs? I've said 10 times for all I care KSA, Israel, USA... get punished too. Just stop posting about it in this topic about Chelsea, AR and sanctions on Russia.

Ridiculous to ignore sanctions on Russian owner of a football club when another club in the same league is already allowed to be owned by war criminals.

You seem to just want to focus on the small picture and Chelsea only so it's fine.

Simply because there is an immense pressure to do that now. The sad reality is, most of us don't really care about the wars in middle East etc., it barely gets any media attention too as it just seems to be far away and there is no threat to us. We (as humans) only start to act when our own arses are on fire. We have never had an invasion this big in Europe for decades and since we are not prepared to send our troops there, the only option left is to do what we are doing now, which is to send weapons, humanitarian aid, and sanction individuals connected with the regime in hope that maybe it will trigger some reaction in Kremlin. Hypocrisy is not a right word here.

I don't necessarily disagree. Good post.

I'll be honest, I don't completely understand the full implications of all of this, so to sum it up briefly, are Chelsea screwed?

If the club is valued at 3bn and there's a debt of 1.5 billion, guess how much any buyer will pay?

The only reason that debt would prohibit a sale is not wanting to get entangled with him. Not sure I'd want to 'owe' an individual sanctioned for being in league with Putin mind you.

Its not whataboutism. I said don't feel sorry for them because they have been sucking on the teat of a dictatorship regime.
It is you literally said what about… that’s what whataboutism is. If they end up fine I won’t, but if the club has actual sanctions it will be a shame for them, apparently they can’t buy tickets to watch their own team which I think is just reason to feel sorry for the innocent fans.

Not sure the government can keep this going when the Chelsea lawyers challenge it in court. Obviously a good thing for United, there'll be lots of unrest at Chelsea now and hopefully they'll start dropping more and more points from now on. It's always nice to have the government on your side.

And that.

We may not turn into the English version of Bayern but anyone predicting us to dive down the leagues are going to be very disappointed. The worst thing that could happen with this is we might wind up with shit owners as the government won't care (where Roman might have) about their motives so long as they have enough money to keep us ticking over, but most of the league has them anyway so it's not as if we'd be at some massive disadvantage in that scenario.

I think the worst thing that could happen would be this continuing for a long period as it will lead to players and staff leaving prior to the eventual new owners coming in.

No one (including you) thought RA would be touched. Then he tried to change the ownership. Then everyone thought it was a trick and he’d lie low and return. He then said he was leaving. Then people didn’t believe that but were certain he wouldn’t be sanctioned.. now this.

It’s total unknown at this point but let’s just say if it follows the same pattern it will get worse before it gets better.

There’s no way the U.K. government allows that to happen.

They can't earn money, can't sell or buy players, and with that debt to Abramovich not going away, unlikely to be sold.

Apart from anything else, it os unlikely that there is anyone in this government switched on enough to even see the risk before its too late.

The only solution is erasing the current version of the club, and sending it to Football League Two as London Blue FC.

Sky News are saying Chelsea will approach the government to amend the license to allow the club to run as normally as possible - well that ain't the point is it - sanctions are to punish people, if it can run almost normally then it ain't being punished.

Chelsea fans gutted - as would fans of any club be and agents complaining players are now 'trapped' though I read somewhere that Chelsea won't be able to renew contracts so most of the players can run them down and walk away.

I'm intrigued to see how this plays out, although I don't like to see football clubs punished because of politics.

The world watched Vlad Putin pile up the troops on the Ukrainian border, they told him to stop - he brought more troops to the border, this man sees backing down as a weakness, he holds grudges for years hence poisoning Sargai Salisbury - years after he'd become a traitor,

As soon as he was piling up the troops - countries should have started placing sanctions on Russia, show him we mean business and he may have stepped away from deciding to invade, instead we made weak threats, now Putin has gone to far and he most likely knows there is no way back from this, so he's not going to back down - if he did it would be because he does a deal with the Ukrainians to not pursue 'war crimes charges' against him.

My point is... no matter what sanctions you throw at Russia now, no matter which of his friends get sanctioned - it's too late for Vlad Putin to back down - I expect to see even more shocking actions from the Russian army given the go ahead by him - this is going to go on for some time until one of his own people snaps and takes him out.

There is no moral value in the world mate. That's the point. Ok if ksa are ally you can allow them to kill and turn your eye other way.

Is this breaking news to some though? that’s life.

Doesn’t mean the ones that can be caught shouldn’t be.

I'll be honest, I don't completely understand the full implications of all of this, so to sum it up briefly, are Chelsea screwed?
Yes if Roman want to fight it out legally then screwed. Actually I feel Roman knew about this sanctions already. Uk politicians wanted to look like they did something regarding Roman. They now sanctioned him and Roman will say i didn't want anything.

And that.

Who said you we’re about to dive down the league? I’m simply suggesting this is a big problem which it absolutely is.

Not sure the government can keep this going when the Chelsea lawyers challenge it in court. Obviously a good thing for United, there'll be lots of unrest at Chelsea now and hopefully they'll start dropping more and more points from now on. It's always nice to have the government on your side.
1. It will stand up in court
2. With what money will they use?

Who said you we’re about to dive down the league? I’m simply suggesting this is a big problem which it absolutely is.

It’s quite interesting as many of the CFC posters have been dismissive of this if you look back from page one. Kept playing it down at each stage as nonsense.

I understand why.

My point is... no matter what sanctions you throw at Russia now, no matter which of his friends get sanctioned - it's too late for Vlad Putin to back down - I expect to see even more shocking actions from the Russian army given the go ahead by him - this is going to go on for some time until one of his own people snaps and takes him out.

This is precisely why the sanctions are being levied. The reality is that the West cannot be drawn into a military conflict with Putin because his hard man image and mentality will not allow him to back down, he will continue to escalate until a nuclear launch becomes a reality and that does not bear thinking about. The purpose of the sanctions is to hurt as many people with power and influence in Russia as possible in the hope that they remove Putin in a stroke and walk us all back from the brink. It sucks for Chelsea as they are collateral damage in this strategy but as others have mentioned, they have had 20 years of success that they simply would not have had without the insane investments of RA so they cannot complain too much at being burned by that association now. It might be tough in the short term but the Chelsea brand is big enough that a new owner will eventually emerge and and will keep them competitive near the top of the PL at the very least.

Is this breaking news to some though? that’s life.

Doesn’t mean the ones that can be caught shouldn’t be.
That's life that's what you think. :lol: I thought you were fighting for banning morally corrupt group too.

The sanctions mean that Chelsea essentially cannot function properly as a club, so with that in mind, the government issued a special license with limited manoeuvrability that allows the club to still fulfil it's fixtures and pay matchday staff in order to host games, but we can't sell tickets, merchandise etc, so only season tickets holders will be allowed in and the megastore, hotels etc will be closed until further notice. A limited amount money will be allowed so Chelsea are still be able to fulfil away fixtures too, travel, hotel stay, food, etc.

The club also can't transfer players in or out, can't renew any contracts, so if the sanctions stay in place until May, Rudiger. for example, would be forced to leave, even if he wanted to stay, because he is out of contract and we are prohibited from giving him a new one.

Then there is issue of selling the club. That is still unclear for me. The government want to seize the club and possibly oversee a sale but that's not possible unless Abramovich agrees to hand over the club. If he fights the sanctions in court, then the club will likely remain in limbo and run the risk of facing football sanctions from the FA for failing to pay player salaries etc.

From a footballing POV it will probably be the best under the circumstances. The only worry would be would he be too sentimental (like a lot of the terrace fans which he is are) to make harsh but correct decisions with players and especially managers?

*for anyone preparing their size 9's yes I know it's a pretty trivial matter compared to Ukraine.

If the biggest concern with him is his sentimentality because he's a fan of the club, then we'll be fine.

Theoretically doesn't this make them more likely to sell? Now the buyer will get them at a lower price allowing the extra funds to absorb some of the costs surrounding the problematic stadium issues.

I don't really see it that way. Assholes getting their comeuppance is never going to seem unfair to me.

It's definitely shameful from the authorities that murderous regime dicks were allowed buy any clubs in the first place. The 'association' talk I find a little funny though. It's not like he's a self-made billionaire who happened to meet Putin a few times. Where do you think all of his money came from?
I don't see it as unfair either, for the same reason you do, just pointing out why some might think it unfair.

He's a bad guy, no doubt, and one can only hope the same fate befalls the rest of the murderous assholes owning clubs.