Rodri | ACL tear, out for the rest of the season? Yes

Arsenal deliberately taking him out.

Only way to win the league I suppose.

Man. City hardly ever lose with him in the team. Without him last year he was suspended for four games and they lost three of them and some of the performances were pretty poor aswell.

No KDB either dosen't help but he's more of a moments player in games now rather than someone who can run things in midfield for 90 minutes.

Looked a bit of a twist so not sure he'll be back anytime soon and he can have a breather for a month or two.
Arsenal cannot win with headers every game ..
They don't have a striker ..

Yeah that was dastardly when Partey ran alongside him on a corner routine.
He's a potential Ballon d'Or winner, you have to give him 5 yards and avoid any contact. Respect.
That notion that we tried to do him from the start when he faked an elbow to the face and wrecked his knee on his own is crazy.
The injury looked pretty bad, he will be lucky if it's not an ACL and only miss a few weeks/months. I remember Timber also walked off with not much help but still missed the whole season.

I'll tell you what we're witnessing. We're witnessing a player who's about to lose his legs due to unacceptable footballing age, that's why he keeps complaining about schedules. Alas he lost his legs against Arsenal anyway.

To be honest he's a very likable guy. Comes across as intelligent, modest and respectful. Amazing player aswell but how the feck is he not playing for Madrid?
Respectful? Not when Scotland cuff Spain at Hampden he isn't.

Its being reported by some City that he could be out for the season with an ACL injury

I doubt he has even had the full set of scans yet. Or maybe he is doing so right now. With these injuries they usually wait a little bit of time for swelling to subside to get a better scan.

It does seem like ACL is a very real possibility just based on the mechanics of the injury. But my guess is that nobody knows or only very few people have an inkling.

I doubt he has even had the full set of scans yet. Or maybe he is doing so right now. With these injuries they usually wait a little bit of time for swelling to subside to get a better scan.

It does seem like ACL is a very real possibility just based on the mechanics of the injury. But my guess is that nobody knows or only very few people have an inkling.
Players know, though. If Rodri is telling people "I've not my cruciate" its bad news for them.

Arsenal deliberately taking him out.

Only way to win the league I suppose.
While Arsenal were pretty rough yesterday (as were City), the Rodri injury was a complete accident. He got a nudge and it was the way he came down.

It's one of those where you know when the player goes down, it's a serious one. I'd be surprised if it's not either a MCL or ACL injury.

A quick trip to Spain to Pep's magic doctor and he'll be alright for the weekend.

Players know, though. If Rodri is telling people "I've not my cruciate" its bad news for them.

Its true they may have a sense and there are some manual tests that the physios do which give a pretty good idea. But usually you can't really know for sure until the scans are done.

It's one of those where you know when the player goes down, it's a serious one. I'd be surprised if it's not either a MCL or ACL injury.

A quick trip to Spain to Pep's magic doctor and he'll be alright for the weekend.

Your cynical takes are half the entertainment over here but I really hope he’s avoided MCL/ACL for once.

Later September in 1997, United were unbeaten defending Champions and Roy Keane went down with a ACL injury which did big damage to United's title hopes down the line, for Wenger's first Premier League title.

Your cynical takes are half the entertainment over here but I really hope he’s avoided MCL/ACL for one.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone and for his sake I hope he has avoided a serious one, he's just a top class player.

Been on the pitch when a few lads have done this, it's horrible. Regular diving knobheads throwing themselves to the ground pretending to be hurt is so fecking obvious. When someone does something serious you can see it straight away by their reaction, they don't do 57 rolls and lie there screaming and slapping the ground looking for a free kick.

Will open up the league a but if he is out for the season anyway - will be interesting to see if Guardiola changes things drastically because of it.

I don't wish these kinds of injuries on any player, even rivals, but it feels like a bit of irony after that shitshow he put on for the first two minutes of the game, that was embarrassing.

I'm really not into celebrating injuries at all, rival player or not.

I can't see how they replace what he does with Gundogan and Kovacic. They can do the technical side to some extent but they don't have the physicality or the legs.

This is like the moment Laporte got injured the season Liverpool won the title. Anything but an Arsenal title now would be a shocker.

Really doesn't matter who they lose though given the impending points deduction

If Arsenal dont win the league this season - they should simply give up.

Haaland easily. They had multiple 90+ point seasons without Haaland. Since Fernandinho aged out they have been terrible any time they lose Rodri.
They have decent replacements for Rodri - even if a few levels behind in quality. Who can they replace Haaland with ?