Gaming Resident Evil 2 (PC, all good consoles & Xbox) - £8.74 on PS Store

Is 7 worth playing? It's only 13 quid on cdkeys.

I'm worried I'll shit myself

7 is a top class game, the best in the series since the original 2 for me. It's very different and the start of a new story. Outside VR its a 8.5/10, with VR is you have a PS its the game that will sell you on VR and its easily a 10/10.

Is 7 worth playing? It's only 13 quid on cdkeys.

I'm worried I'll shit myself

Well worth it and although it’s a really good game, it’s not particularly RE and the first half is much better than the second. If it’s not, worth looking for the Gold edition with the extra content if it’s not much more.

And yes, you should also get some new underwear.

Well worth it and although it’s a really good game, it’s not particularly RE and the first half is much better than the second. If it’s not, worth looking for the Gold edition with the extra content if it’s not much more.

And yes, you should also get some new underwear.
Yeah it's the gold edition they have.

Nah I'll just not wear any underwear. More practical.

My copy has arrived but I have lots of work to do before I can play it. Wasting time on here probably isn’t the best strategy to remedy that...

I wonder how long before all the die-hard purists come out and whine about the lack of fixed camera angles and tank controls (aka even deeper manchild nostalgia). I really like those first three RE games but I always used to hate the fixed camera angles coupled with the tank controls which take time to get used too, either first time or returning after a while. After RE4 introduced over the shoulder, I've never looked back personally. Tank controls can go to hell especially when paired up with fixed camera angles.

Grim Fandango had the same system but that was a puzzle game and unseen enemies weren't attacking you when you enter a new area.

As a huge RE fan, I’m absolutely loving it. Combines the cheesy RE puzzles/story of 1-3 with the ‘realistic’ atmospheric terror of 7.

Zombies take some punishment though...proper bullet sponges, they hunt in packs and their movement is quite erratic. Not sure how it works though - you can shoot one a few times and stun it to run past (they always grab you if not) but I’m wondering if that damage will accumulate across the game or if it’s worth killing them to save bullets in the long run.

So Elvis convinced me to get this.

I’ve just pre-ordered the digital version and realised cause it’s my UK account but I’m in Canada I get the game in 8 minutes and it’s only 6:50pm here :D

So Elvis convinced me to get this.

I’ve just pre-ordered the digital version and realised cause it’s my UK account but I’m in Canada I get the game in 8 minutes and it’s only 6:50pm here :D

fecks sake!

I'll just have to wait for my Amazon delivery, hopefully it will be an early one.

Let me know what you think!

Playing it right now on my PS4. It’s some pretty good stuff... If you’ve got that Deluxe Edition then switch the sounds to Classic for all the sound effects and music from the original. Probably not going to play the game with classic sounds on first playthrough though, since I’ve heard them all before anyway. I’ve started with Leon first.

Mine was ready to play at midnight. If you preordered it digitally on PSN then go to the Library tab, then Purchased Games and find RE2 and download it in the sub menu... Did mine about 6pm and only took an hour. A handy tip for anyone in the future.

I put it on at about 1am intending to play the start of it, turned it off at about 5ish. It's brilliant and has that "just one more section, I'll turn it off at the next save" feel to it. In fact I only turned it off as a certain... "character" seems like they are about to make an appearance and I've left two hallways filled with zombies that I think I have to go back to. So I've possibly fecked up. I didn't get boarding them up before zombies got in.

They are just too tough to take them all out, there's nowhere near enough ammo and it's thrown me into a few situations I probably should have run from instead of wasting bullets taking enemies out.

Atmosphere is absolutely fantastic and the gunplay feels great despite being intentionally awkward. It's got that classic sense of progression from learning the map and unlocking things. Being a master of unlocking is very satisfying.

The only downsides I have so far is that lickers and dogs feel really awkward to fight, experiences I did not care for. Lickers especially are right feckers. I've had to fight all the ones I've encountered, despite the game saying you can sneak past them. Enemies are truly a threat now.

I also had a boss fight, which wasn't great. It's essentially just kiting and then shooting from a distance then doing it again until it goes down. But that's the way RE bosses always were.

Also the binaural sound design it is getting praised for is throwing me off, it's coming from the wrong direction a lot for some reason. The second Tomb Raider game had a similar issue, it's very confusing. Sometimes it's great, but then sometimes it's just a bit cack.

I can't find my dlc guns. Upgraded handgun might be better, but I'd like the choice.

Overall, so far, it's the best game I've played in ages despite some niggles.

I saw a reviewer mention that the controls for boss fights and certain enemies felt 'awkward', but he said this was probably intentional from Capcom to add to the survival horror element of it.

Regardless, glad you're enjoying it! I'm just smashing out some doom waiting for my copy to arrive. Any time between now and 8. Next time I'm paying a bit extra and going to digital :lol:

Yeah they aren't good around fast enemies, but that's RE for you. Only boss I've fought they worked well, but it wasn't exactly taxing. I'm going to jump back on it, but I need to work out some sort of plan as I'm shitting myself about what I suspect is coming next. :lol:

Jump scares have been few and far between actually, but it's got me with the ones it's tried.

Been on it for 4 hours straight since I got it this morning. Amazing impressions so far. Its captured the similar feel to the originals. Gives you that panicky, stressed sort of feeling when you're getting chased :lol: need a couple of hours rest, go to the gym then I'll be back on it.

Well Amazon are useless. Order still isn't showing as out for delivery so I don't trust it will even be delivered today. Just been onto customer service and cancelled it, downloading it off the store now.

Have to nip out for a few hours soon though and then it's the United game, so I'll get to it after that.

Been on it for 4 hours straight since I got it this morning. Amazing impressions so far. Its captured the similar feel to the originals. Gives you that panicky, stressed sort of feeling when you're getting chased :lol: need a couple of hours rest, go to the gym then I'll be back on it.

Sack the gym off. Order a large pizza and carry on playing instead.

Sack the gym off. Order a large pizza and carry on playing instead.

I really want to but I'm getting a head ache from the tension :lol: so I think a break must be needed. Couple of paracetamol, some food, gym then back on it before the game later :drool: that sucks about Amazon btw. At least you'll have it later anyway. Worked out that one of my days off fell today so I went argos first thing this morning :lol: priorities and all!

Lickers especially are right feckers. I've had to fight all the ones I've encountered, despite the game saying you can sneak past them. Enemies are truly a threat now.

I've sneaked past 2-3 Lickers. You need to walk slowly past them (holding the analog stick forward half or three quarters of the way). If they're on the ceiling it's surprisingly easy. I don't think they hear you if you're opening the door normally (i.e. not running into it like its a charge through the door) I've fought two Lickers. One which was on the ground and wasn't too sure if I could get past it because the corridor was narrow and I wanted to test how strong they were to my shotgun, and one jumps you in an area where there wasn't one previously.

Get the feeling Lickers are working off Clicker mechanics from The Last Of Us. They make warning sounds if you make one loud noise when you didn't mean too, then either leave it be or investigate it.

Ok finally starting this now. “Working from home”.

I've sneaked past 2-3 Lickers. You need to walk slowly past them (holding the analog stick forward half or three quarters of the way). If they're on the ceiling it's surprisingly easy. I don't think they hear you if you're opening the door normally (i.e. not running into it like its a charge through the door) I've fought two Lickers. One which was on the ground and wasn't too sure if I could get past it because the corridor was narrow and I wanted to test how strong they were to my shotgun, and one jumps you in an area where there wasn't one previously.

Get the feeling Lickers are working off Clicker mechanics from The Last Of Us. They make warning sounds if you make one loud noise when you didn't mean too, then either leave it be or investigate it.
I've managed to run past a couple now, but they mostly charge me as soon as I enter an area even if I'm only walking.

I need to take a break from it I think. My heart is pounding. I'm being chased, can never quite tell where the foot steps are coming from and then jump scares! Only Alien Isolation has ever come close to getting me this freaked out while playing. :lol:

I had to do a hard reset to get the DLC. From my experiments Wesker's gun packs the most punch, but takes a while to get the aim centred. Chris' gun snaps right in there and aims quick. I dunno what Jill's does. The Chris version feels the best to me, I've abandoned the upgraded Matilda for it. Now I think I need to go back to the STARS office as I found a thing that might go there, but there's lickers outside the door and I hear....stomping. :nervous:

So I thought I'd go for an old double tap to make sure, you know... ffs it had the opposite effect.

I wish more games would have sounds coming out of the controller speaker. It adds to the mood.

Im slightly miffed at the fact it can take 8 head shots to put down a zombie. There seems to be no real way to tell. Sometimes its a one shot headgasm, other times they are bullet sponges.

Sat up until 8m in the morning playing it though. Took me back to 98 doing the very same thing then going into work like a zombie. A strange mix of nostalgia while being entirely new at the same time. Love it.

Im slightly miffed at the fact it can take 8 head shots to put down a zombie. There seems to be no real way to tell. Sometimes its a one shot headgasm, other times they are bullet sponges.

Sat up until 8m in the morning playing it though. Took me back to 98 doing the very same thing then going into work like a zombie. A strange mix of nostalgia while being entirely new at the same time. Love it.

Gets easier with zombies once your weapons get upgraded I found. I like the improved difficulty.