Gaming Resident Evil 2 (PC, all good consoles & Xbox) - £8.74 on PS Store

I kinda hope they have a feature from RE7 I liked, in this game which I think would work well.

The video tapes from RE7 where you would get play as someone from the past, in a legitimate gameplay thing (figuring out a code or a way to get of somewhere) or just pure lore (the Ghost Hunters video at the start).

It'd be really cool if you wander around the police station/labs and find the security camera tapes, for when Hunk and the rest of the Umbrella squad arrive to take the G-Virus from Birkin and the immediate aftermath of that.

One tape for when Hunk and his squad go through the lab pre-apocalypse to find Birkin and the G-Virus sample, serving as a lore tape of how it broke out, instead of an FMV showing it like the original RE2 did... then a second tape where you see the Umbrella squad being quickly taken out by G-Virused Birkin, various BOWs being released, early zombies and you as Hunk have to try to find the squad member who had the G-Virus sample (killing things possibly along the way and finding dead squad members) then at the end Hunk gets KOed by Birkin... then you have the separate 4th Survivor scenario where Hunk regains consciousness and escapes the whole facility like in the original.

I kinda hope they have a feature from RE7 I liked, in this game which I think would work well.

The video tapes from RE7 where you would get play as someone from the past, in a legitimate gameplay thing (figuring out a code or a way to get of somewhere) or just pure lore (the Ghost Hunters video at the start).

It'd be really cool if you wander around the police station/labs and find the security camera tapes, for when Hunk and the rest of the Umbrella squad arrive to take the G-Virus from Birkin and the immediate aftermath of that.

One tape for when Hunk and his squad go through the lab pre-apocalypse to find Birkin and the G-Virus sample, serving as a lore tape of how it broke out, instead of an FMV showing it like the original RE2 did... then a second tape where you see the Umbrella squad being quickly taken out by G-Virused Birkin, various BOWs being released, early zombies and you as Hunk have to try to find the squad member who had the G-Virus sample (killing things possibly along the way and finding dead squad members) then at the end Hunk gets KOed by Birkin... then you have the separate 4th Survivor scenario where Hunk regains consciousness and escapes the whole facility like in the original.
Interesting. They could even use the CCTV angle as a way of having you play with the old fixed camera angles.

I gave the demo a bash this afternoon. feck me it gets intense. It feels like it's going to take a lot of getting used to, they don't want you shooting every zombie they want you picking and choosing which to take out. Shooting them is so fecking tempting though and they give you very little peace if you don't take them out.

I gave the demo a bash this afternoon. feck me it gets intense. It feels like it's going to take a lot of getting used to, they don't want you shooting every zombie they want you picking and choosing which to take out. Shooting them is so fecking tempting though and they give you very little peace if you don't take them out.

They’ve got the mental wherewithal to open doors now. I get the feeling that, like the original, you’re going to have to lure some of the zombies and then run when you get a clear opening.

They’ve got the mental wherewithal to open doors now. I get the feeling that, like the original, you’re going to have to lure some of the zombies and then run when you get a clear opening.
Yeah, there's a constant tension now if you run past one in a corridor so you can investigate a room it's probably coming after you. I think it will take a while to get used to when to shoot and when not.

I had one constantly coming after me, making noises and being a nuisance. The problem being I could not see the fecking thing anywhere, turned out it was on the ground and had started gnawing on my legs. I'd thought I took it out when I blew it's legs off, but it had just passed out for a while and came too when I was in the next room then immediately started coming after me again when it woke up.

Sounds good! I'm hoping to get time to play it later tonight. Have an assignment to finish and the United game to watch, as well as the bastard snooker .

The zombies do not feck around, I was so paranoid about them popping up behind me. Really good.

It captures the atmosphere and general tone of the previous classic Resi games well ,while also adding alot more depth to the Zombies.You never know when they're truly out for the count.
Also its graphically superb too.

I like as well every zombie looks different and unique to one another, instead of in the original where you walk into a room and end up killing a family of quintuplet cops.

Apparently the Deluxe Edition game is only about 26GB. I say 'only' when the recent RDR2 rocked up at 100GB.

I've tried both, seems odd. I don't really have time to play it at the moment just wanted to set it off downloading. I'll try again tomorrow.
I had to get it on the website then tell it to download to my PS4, was weird.

God it's good! Completed it in 23 minutes, didn't even know that would be the end of the demo. Will give it another go tonight, but I'm happy with what I've seen. Can't wait for the full release now.

Also the description of wooden boards were brilliant. Perfect for keeping the riffraff out. :lol:

God it's good! Completed it in 23 minutes, didn't even know that would be the end of the demo. Will give it another go tonight, but I'm happy with what I've seen. Can't wait for the full release now.

Also the description of wooden boards were brilliant. Perfect for keeping the riffraff out. :lol:

Does it feel like RE2, bitch?

I very much liked it, but was starting to feel the tension with zombies being a threat again. I'm probably going to shit my pants when the tyrant is stomping around the place.

Looking forward to it even more now.

I'm dreading the lickers :lol:
:lol: They never bothered me that much. That big fecker stomping around in all the previews was unsettling, it's going to be a bloody nightmare in surround sound headphones.

The sound was fantastic by the way, surround sound worked really well.

:lol: They never bothered me that much. That big fecker stomping around in all the previews was unsettling, it's going to be a bloody nightmare in surround sound headphones.

The sound was fantastic by the way, surround sound worked really well.

Yeah the sound was great.

If this one is well received I'd like them to do the same to 1 and 3. A 4K Ultra HD Nemesis following you around all game would give me the shits. Not sure my heart could take it.

Yeah the sound was great.

If this one is well received I'd like them to do the same to 1 and 3. A 4K Ultra HD Nemesis following you around all game would give me the shits. Not sure my heart could take it.
I'm not sure my heart could take Jill in that outfit in 4K Ultra HD. I'd like Code Veronica as well, but leave 1 until last.

Leon is back!

Thats all the matters.

Good to see the nice reviews. The original RE remake is probably the best remake I ever played , I’m hoping this will surpass it.

I noticed in a couple of the reviews I watched that they are carrying several pistols at once in their weapons slots. Some of them are the pre-order bonuses. I've yet to see an explanation for why they aren't just carrying one pistol.

Don’t agree with the review scores being garbage.

But some reviewers are garbage.

I agree, but I have to say IGN's full use of the decimal system is shite. Either give it a rounded number or if you think its neither an 8 or a 9 give it an 8. 5.
Wait,what ?
How do you discover a second half of the game,dont you just play through it ?

Once you 'complete' the game with one character you get a notification saying you can replay the game with the other character, they are both completely different storylines but set in the same setting & timeline of events. It was also exactly like this in the original game.

It seems to have only one negative review on metacritic. Looks widely acclaimed :) I’m really hoping this is as good as I want it to be.

I think I'm going to get it but I'm such a wimp when it comes to games like this.

The Tyrant following me around is going to stress me out so much.