Renato Sanches joins Bayern

cyberman

I think I'm watching a different game. He's ran around a lot without doing much. Did well for the goal but it took a massive deflection. I know he's only 18 but the hype in here's a bit too much considering his performance so far in this game and the tournament.
Spot on. It's as if people are blinded by the fact he's 18.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Some people need to calm down. Same comments said about the likes of Anderson, Gotze, Januzaj etc etc. Let's see what happens.

sammyvine

Some people need to calm down. Same comments said about the likes of Anderson, Gotze, Januzaj etc etc. Let's see what happens.
He's much better than all of them
No way Bayern would pay that much jobless they were sure he's that good.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I think I'm watching a different game. He's ran around a lot without doing much. Did well for the goal but it took a massive deflection. I know he's only 18 but the hype in here's a bit too much considering his performance so far in this game and the tournament.
He's 18
He's powerful
We've missed out on him

He's world class m8

----

In all seriousness though, I do think there is quite a bit of overrating of this guy from what I've seen.
Admittedly it's not been much, but his tournament hasn't been great, just seems to run lots and has a presence, but his actually passing has let some of that down.

The lad is only 18 though, so he could end up one of the better midfielders in the game, but right now, I believe we needed more established players to come into the side, rather than putting a lot of money into a youngster that may not live up to the hype.

Bayern are in a position where if the player in question doesn't turn out to be what they expect, they already have the foundation to continue without him

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Youngest player ever to score in the ko phase of an EC.

ti vu

Bayern normally get their transfers right
Not with wonder kid though. Shaquiri, Gotze, Poldolski... on top of my head didn't turn out as well as their early hype.

Renato looks proper highly talented though. May not be refined in some attributes, but overall look on the same level of young Ronaldo for his position in term of what he has already accomplished at this age.

Anderson should be more like Payet though (one footed though) Don't know why we tried to convert him into midfielder while his hype was about being an attacking play maker.

Last edited:

prateik

Very impressive for an 18 year old.. Bayern are still paying for potential..

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He looks like a very good player (reminds of a young Rooney for some reason). But IMO he's over reliant on his physique. Players like him usually are a knee injury away from being average. That being said Bayern have signed a very good player who could compliment Thiago and Kimmich in the near future.
I see what you are trying to say but lol come on! The same could be said about most players! He reminds me of a young David's both in looks and approach to the game.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I still think he's an early developer with not much high ceiling like some suggested.
Yeah me too. He's heavily reliant on his physicality, technically (although still decent) he's middle of the road.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Jesus, he's had inhuman levels of stamina yesterday. He was running through the middle and wing and had no problem sprinting in the added time like it as 2nd minute.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There was a report last week that we had already agreed a fee with Benfica as was widely speculated. But we refused to pull the trigger because, we didn't want to undermine LVG.
Benfica and Sanches got tired of waiting and signed for Bayern.

Ban

There's so many reports and some of them makes us look daft. It's what you believe. Maybe he just chose Bayern over us which, unfortunately, is not a surprise at all.

Vanya

I see what you are trying to say but lol come on! The same could be said about most players! He reminds me of a young David's both in looks and approach to the game.
I meant that he's a candidate for that sort of an injury because of his stocky rooney like build and his aggressive playing style. Vidal has a similar style to some extent and he suffered a knee injury not long ago and hes not the same aggressive player he used to be 2 yrs ago (though he's still a good player because he has added more dimensions to his game over the years).

But I see your point :)

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I meant that he's a candidate for that sort of an injury because of his stocky rooney like build and his aggressive playing style. Vidal has a similar style to some extent and he suffered a knee injury not long ago and hes not the same aggressive player he used to be 2 yrs ago (though he's still a good player because he has added more dimensions to his game over the years).

But I see your point :)
I thought he finally looked back to his best in 2016, both for Bayern and at the Copa. He has a brilliant year so far after he had dropped a level in his final season at Juve and struggled a bit to adapt to Pep's tactics in the first half of the season at Bayern.

Yesterday was the first time I was really excited about Sanches. Obviously there's no guarantee that he'll continue to improve, but for a 18 year old with only one season playing at the senior level, that was a truely impressive performance.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
He's fantastic and I don't know why anybody ever thought differently. That's stages like the Euro QF and CL last 16 where he's shone now, looked good against Bayern in the 1/4's last year aswell, starred in a Benfica team that won the title. He still needs a bit of work on his consistency technique wise but it's definitely there, needs to work perhaps on controlling the tempo a bit more and on the consistency of his work ethic as sometimes he'll make a poor pass lazily or something, but other than that he's got ability on the pace, pace, power, a great engine and a rounded game. Definitely think - especially now he's at Bayern - he'll be up there with the very best midfielders in the world in 2-3 years.

JoaquinJoaquin

I don't know how anyone can write off that performance last night, He was excellent. Seems to raise his game in the big matches aswell, He will be the player Anderson should of been.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
What really impresses me is that he already is more defensively aware and astute at 18 than Anderson ever was. It is easy to think there are two of him out there on the pitch, little feck appears everywhere.

I think Bayern got a gem here, and we are in denial if we think that Bayern which got great scouting and as an exemplary run club didn't do their homework before breaking their transfer record on a 18 year old.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Still every "eh" for me. But he's only 18. We'll see if Bayern can forgive his rawness, or will it be a hindrance and he'll be off in a couple of years.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Do Bayern ever sign young players that turn out to be shit? Or does everything they touch turn to gold? For once It'd be nice to see them make a few cock ups like we have.
Players fail at Bayern all the time. It just doesn't make it to public consciousness since they don't fail in spectacular fashion. Also, I think because Bayern tends to realise early when they made a mistake and just freeze a bad player out until they can sell him or loan him away (as a last resort to see if he improves with more play time in a different team).

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Not with wonder kid though. Shaquiri, Gotze, Poldolski... on top of my head didn't turn out as well as their early hype.

Renato looks proper highly talented though. May not be refined in some attributes, but overall look on the same level of young Ronaldo for his position in term of what he has already accomplished at this age.

Anderson should be more like Payet though (one footed though) Don't know why we tried to convert him into midfielder while his hype was about being an attacking play maker.
Don't forget Deisler... jesus, Bayern have had a horrible record with these wonder kids, if you look at the years...