Renato Sanches joins Bayern

He does look like he will be a good player in the next few years. But we don't need midfielders who will be future stars right now, we need to bring in players with experience. Our midfield is dreadful at the minute, not one central midfielder really performed that well this season. Bayern have a plethora of top midfield talent so they can afford to bring him in and be patient with him, if we brought him to United he'd have to hit the ground running and I'm not sure if he's good enough for that yet.
He will most likely be an excellent signing for Bayern and Fair play to them, but we need players coming into their prime to reinvent our midfield.
problem is - is there anyone out there like that? gundogan was probably the best CM available and he's gone walkies now..

Yes that aspect is obvious but i just compared because that City fan mentioned him. I think you read my posts about Sanches and understood i was just being cautious because of the fact he had little time of profissional football. I wasn't the one who criticized him, it was Benfica fans from their own forum, who were the Harsh crtitics. But i praised his performances against Bayern. The fact he joined your club also proves that people believe his potencial. Let's see how he evolves in the next years.
Yeah, I actually meant to defend you with that comment. Saying Joao Mario was better than Sanches last season is in no way a negative comment about Sanches. Not sure why the City fan on the previous page felt the need to imply that and tag you.

I also find it odd how much people read into international friendlies these days. Was Sanches really that great yesterday? Didn't watch the game.

Yeah, I actually meant to defend you with that comment. Saying Joao Mario was better than Sanches last season is in no way a negative comment about Sanches. Not sure why the City fan on the previous page felt the need to imply that and tag you.

I also find it odd how much people read into international friendlies these days. Was Sanches really that great yesterday? Didn't watch the game.

For a Sporting fan i was actually pretty mild about him. I never even talked about his technical ability. I even got criticized in Sporting fórum for not attacking him lol. I didn't watch the game either since i was working but from média and pundit reports the only players who got credit were Patrício, Ricardo Carvalho, Moutinho and specially Danilo who was the MoM for us.

I wanted this kid. Annoying to see this thread all of the time as I suspect we'll see this as a similar missed opportunity to Pogba in a couple of seasons. He's going to be one of the very best.

I wanted this kid. Annoying to see this thread all of the time as I suspect we'll see this as a similar missed opportunity to Pogba in a couple of seasons. He's going to be one of the very best.

Loads of similarities between letting a player leave for free and not signing a player for 80m euros.

problem is - is there anyone out there like that? gundogan was probably the best CM available and he's gone walkies now..
There isnt too many unfortunately. The problem is like with most positions the best players are already at the best clubs. The only ones who really aren't are Kante, Naingolan (pretty sure I butchered the spelling) Moutinho,Andre Gomes and a couple at Dortmund. But most of them bar Naingolan and Gomes who I really like aren't exactly top tier.
I think we'll just have to hope Schniederlin can kick on next season.

He basically had one moment where three England players just bounced off him. Looks really strong and fast generally. He did get totally done at one point through terrible positioning but he was at right back in fairness which isn't his position.

Haven't seen the match but when most of the big clubs are interested in him and a club like Bayern is willing to spend so much money on him, I think it's clear that scouts see him as a ridiculous talent.

I think our Martial deal was bit of game changer in all this.

He basically had one moment where three England players just bounced off him. Looks really strong and fast generally. He did get totally done at one point through terrible positioning but he was at right back in fairness which isn't his position.
Thanks.

Loads of similarities between letting a player leave for free and not signing a player for 80m euros.

Missing out on a young midfield talent who goes on to become world class. These are similarities, and this is why I didn't say "the same", you see.

Just found a youtube clip of that, it looks rather clumsy and flukey to me. No clue why so many got so excited about it.

From 0:33 to 0:43 :

I remember telling you in private message even before he joined Bayern to pay no attention to what people were saying. He was being compared to ekangamene and apparently had no technique. To be honest i don't blame the forum @Sly done a number on him undermining his performances and rating Joao Mario who did anyone even notice yesterday by the way? As better.

Opinions will change massively in coming months. For only a reported guaranteed £27m with rest in add ons looks a good deal to me still gutted pep didn't try and sign him.
Joao Mario is a different player and yesterday was Sanches to try to impress, he's 18 and he doesn't have a place in the first 11 and when everybody was trying not to get injured and they played with caution he went full throttle. He is good going forward but the team would need someone to cover him in the back.

https/://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5vlrB9wn9Ns

What a performance. Insane talent, built like a lion.

@Devil may care
@Sly

As I'm new I cannot post media, remove / after the http

Why have you tagged me to this? :confused:

Nothing personal mate just feel you led the harshest criticism of the lad and fell into hype around Joao Mario created by Sly. Not enough people watched him and the comments in this thread be looked back on in a years with bewilderment.

Would of preferred him over Gundogan.

Nothing personal mate just feel you led the harshest criticism of the lad and fell into hype around Joao Mario created by Sly. Not enough people watched him and the comments in this thread be looked back on in a years with bewilderment.

Eh? I watched him in a number of full games for Benfica and praised him more than once, I do think he's raw and erratic for the money being touted and I wasn't on the hype train, but there were at least 2 I can think of that were tearing him to shreds.

There's no hype for João Mário started by me. His talent is natural. He was the best midfielder of our league and is a certified starter of our national team. You do realize that João Mário was one of the best players yesterday and definitely clinched a starting spot for the Euro? Maybe it was the wrong time to try and troll again. Oh and i did praise Sanches for his work and assist. It's just too soon for him to start because he won't displace Moutinho or any other of the midfield starters. Our midfield is pretty much sorted. Perhaps he can get achieve it for the world cup Campaign. He's only 18 year's of age after all.

https/://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5vlrB9wn9Ns

What a performance. Insane talent, built like a lion.

@Devil may care
@Sly

As I'm new I cannot post media, remove / after the http
To be honest, there was nothing special about that performance that accentuates nor diminishes the strengths or weakness's of his playing ability. It'll be the same discussions all over again if you dissect his game. One year under Ancelotti should make the picture clearer. He clearly has potential, no doubt about that though.

I'm still sort of glad we didn't go for him, atleast not for that money.

Pogba? (might not want to join us but may be available)
Saul? (couldn't blame him for telling us to do one but he does have a buy out clause)
But there are not many who might be available

@Sly agenda against him worked. I remember him convincing @Devil may care Joao Mario was superior. Infact he convinced most of this forum. Was hoping pep would sign him but hey ho. Will be interesting to see his development. Reckon he'll replace Vidal in their XI
:lol:

Is he the first Portuguese playing for Bayern Munich? Don't remember anyone else.

Looked a different level to Gomes. What a player Bayern have.

He will piss on everyone in the league. Thiago and him will be having a walk in the park week in week out

Looked a different level to Gomes. What a player Bayern have.

Give it a rest. Came in had some nice dribbled against Iceland late in the game and also nearly fecked up a counter opportunity because he kept carrying the ball.

Maybe he's going to be great, but nothing about his 10 or 15 minutes tonight is anything to put in his highlight reel or make grandiose statements about.

Clubs don't pay record money on a player if he isn't anything special! Fact is, not just 1 club but 2 clubs were willing to break the transfer record for a midfielder after only 6 months of professional football as well as other top clubs were circling around him. So all these scouts are not deluded, they must have seen something special what some here can't.

It's hilarious to see that there are people who made comments like Will Hughes and Lewis Cook are better players than Renato Sanches! Ming boggling! Perhaps that's why Sanches will be playing for Bayern after becoming the most expensive midfielder and the likes of Hughes and Cook will be playing in the Championship despite being older and having more first team experience.

Seriously? a different level in the Bundesliga? If he was that good he would have helped one of the best players in the world beat Iceland wouldnt he? He may end up a top class player but lets not overreact over that game.

Clubs don't pay record money on a player if he isn't anything special! Fact is, not just 1 club but 2 clubs were willing to break the transfer record for a midfielder after only 6 months of professional football as well as other top clubs were circling around him. So all these scouts are not deluded, they must have seen something special what some here can't.

It's hilarious to see that there are people who made comments like Will Hughes and Lewis Cook are better players than Renato Sanches! Ming boggling! Perhaps that's why Sanches will be playing for Bayern after becoming the most expensive midfielder and the likes of Hughes and Cook will be playing in the Championship despite being older and having more first team experience.

Weird post, who said he isn't special?

Tonight wasn't special, nothing to overreact about at all. Save that for when he's ripping it up for Bayern.

Plenty of overhyped players have flopped at the next level. (Cough cough, Memphis, Anderson). I'll save my drooling for when he shows how good he is for Bayern, if he doesn't become the next Götze that is.

Thought exactly the same, did as much bad as good tonight so strange reaction.

Yeah, I thought he looked fined. I actually wanted United to sign him based on what I'd seen of him, but this performance and his one against England which many people had a good wank over, didn't move the needle for me. I think we'll have to wait until he gets settled at Bayern to really see how he adjusts to a new team and is able to inject his talents productively in to their system.

Definitely a talent.

Weird post, who said he isn't special?

Tonight wasn't special, nothing to overreact about at all. Save that for when he's ripping it up for Bayern.

Plenty of overhyped players have flopped at the next level. (Cough cough, Memphis, Anderson)

My post wasn't about today's game when he had an OK game. Nothing special.

It's a reference to comments made earlier when we're heavily linked with him.

The impressive part for me is, that he is always showing a big will to do something. Nothing wrong with making mistakes, but having the mindset to always try and not giving up is an important factor to grow and getting better. He looks a complete player with extraordinary physical presence and I m convinced he is going to succeed at Bayern.