Renato Sanches joins Bayern

Seriously? a different level in the Bundesliga? If he was that good he would have helped one of the best players in the world beat Iceland wouldnt he? He may end up a top class player but lets not overreact over that game.
Huh he didn't start?

Decent cameo, nothing special, just like the England game. Same strengths as that game and same weaknesses as that game really. I do like his initiative taking abilities like @Nostradamus pointed out. Starting him would be a good idea really, but then he'd have to drift out wide in place of Mario.

He looked pretty good tonight, just pretty good though. Of course he chose Bayern over United so everything he does is pure gold but he wasn't that good tonight really. He probably will be great in a few years, but Uniteds midfield is crying out for someone who can step in and be excellent now not in a few years.

Sanches has a long time to groom at bayern...

With vidal getting older and martinez injury prone, he can be used for spot minutes here and there... Right now, he isn't as good as he is hyped, however, cant teach workrate and speed, which he has a lot of

cant teach workrate and speed, which he has a lot of
Of course you can. :(. Plenty of players have improved in their work rate and speed through proper coaching and improvements in technique.

Of course you can. :(. Plenty of players have improved in their work rate and speed through proper coaching and improvements in technique.

Workrate? Speed?

Speed won't increase a lot even with professional coaches, hence why Mertesacker is still slow.

Workrate as well, is something you see most players have early on and not so much "develop." Oscar developed workrate at Chelsea under Jose, but he also died every season in the second half

Workrate? Speed?

Speed won't increase a lot even with professional coaches, hence why Mertesacker is still slow.

Workrate as well, is something you see most players have early on and not so much "develop." Oscar developed workrate at Chelsea under Jose, but he also died every season in the second half
That's my point, it can be taught still. Players have developed better acceleration because of the techniques imparted on them by coaches and those "Sports Scientists".
And there are players who have gone on and become very hard working for the team and have become better for it as well.

What a player... A beast and just 18.

Which young midfielder is as good as Sanches?

Which blind idiots said this guy wasn't good? There's always a few...

What a player... A beast and just 18.

Which young midfielder is as good as Sanches?
There's not many at his age who play consistent football like he has, so there may not be one. Mahmoud Dahoud of Mochengladbach maybe? But he is a year older. I don't think he's been that good tonight again, he's very physical and at his best driving through with little beyond that. Maybe the Anderson comparisons are right. So far, that is. Ooh, Weigl is another.

Apart from bringing a lot of energy the rest of his game has been below par.

It's ok lads. Charni Ekangamene is just as talented. We can sign him for a few quid and a mars bar and be set for years...

So which camp are we camped in for the evening? The "we dodged a bullet camp" or "fecking woodie, yet another potential worldie we missed out on!"?

I prefer Weigl, Dahoud...

Just realised someone just mentioned Dahoud too! :D
I like Weigl as CDM (like Busquets). I think Weigl and Dahound are around 2 or 3 years older but I agree that they are really talented.

Maybe Saul has some similar characteristics as Reanto Sanches.

I like Weigl as CDM (like Busquets). I think Weigl and Dahound are around 2 or 3 years older but I agree that they are really talented.

Tielemans also is good.

So has this guy had a good tournament?

There is one or two after each cameo giving it big about how amazing he has been while the rest are saying he looks average on each outing.
I think some people are getting pulled into the hype

I see Sanches in more of the Gattuso mould at the moment, which is still very subject to change in the future. Saul is much more expansive in his overall game play IMO.

I think you are spot with the Weigl and Busquet comparison.

You would think he us having some great game judging by the comments here. Good game so far, but nothing special. Even had few brainfart moments.

He's been decent. A bit rough on the passing side of things but looks very comfortable on the ball and one nice driving run.

The most impressive youngster tonight was Pjaca.

Bayern are not stupid, there is no way they pay that much for him unless they are certain he is a sure star. He is also 18 ffs, still a kid.

People just want to gloat whenever he plays badly just because he rejected us.

Bayern are not stupid, there is no way they pay that much for him unless they are certain he is a sure star. He is also 18 ffs, still a kid.

People just want to gloat whenever he plays badly just because he rejected us.
There isn't much gloating going on here.

So which camp are we camped in for the evening? The "we dodged a bullet camp" or "fecking woodie, yet another potential worldie we missed out on!"?

It's neither. The positives are he is strong and can protect the ball well while being good in one-on-one situations defensively. The negatives are his passing, his decision making and his positioning. It can all improve but it's not a given. He has great natural abilities and is a great talent, but so was a guy named Anderson.

To be fair even for the goal he should've passed it to Ronaldo on the right earlier but he didn't see it or wasn't confident enough in his passing abilities. It worked out great for them anyway though

Great little player - reminds me both of Anderson and Davids (the latter is probably the better comparison as they both are closer to a defensive box-to-box role)

It's neither. The positives are he is strong and can protect the ball well while being good in one-on-one situations defensively. The negatives are his passing, his decision making and his positioning. It can all improve but it's not a given. He has great natural abilities and is a great talent, but so was a guy named Anderson.

He is 18 - time enough to improve.

Edgar Davids.

Definite similarities but Davids was a monster defensively. This guy looks like he could be but he hasn't actually made a successful tackle all tournament, supposedly. On the other hand he's made the most fouls in the team in just 3 sub appearances. Lots of raw potential but he could conceivably go the same way as Anderson.

Definite similarities but Davids was a monster defensively. This guy looks like he could be but he hasn't actually made a successful tackle all tournament, supposedly. On the other hand he's made the most fouls in the team in just 3 sub appearances. Lots of raw potential but he could conceivably go the same way as Anderson.

No Greggs in Germany though right?