Renato Sanches joins Bayern

I was watching this saga hoping to death you didn't sign him. Fully convinced of his quality and bewildered by th lack of respect he received on this forum but fully aware of his class, heads will roll in 18 months when he's one of best cms in world. I'm that convinced about his quality. Him and martial would of given you two of best young players in world football bar none.

*applause*

looks good. very tenacious. has one large negative and that is he is small. but very energetic

looks good. very tenacious. has one large negative and that is he is small. but very energetic

tbf you can hardly hold being small against an 18 year old. Besides he is quite the unit for his age.

@Sly agenda against him worked. I remember him convincing @Devil may care Joao Mario was superior. Infact he convinced most of this forum. Was hoping pep would sign him but hey ho. Will be interesting to see his development. Reckon he'll replace Vidal in their XI

I was watching this saga hoping to death you didn't sign him. Fully convinced of his quality and bewildered by th lack of respect he received on this forum but fully aware of his class, heads will roll in 18 months when he's one of best cms in world. I'm that convinced about his quality. Him and martial would of given you two of best young players in world football bar none.
Over the moon we didn't spunk shit loads on an overhyped midifelder whos decison making and technique is nowhere near good enough to justify his price tag.

davids-renato-sanches.jpg

:D

Over the moon we didn't spunk shit loads on an overhyped midifelder whos decison making and technique is nowhere near good enough to justify his price tag.

You will see next season. He isn't overhyped. There's a reason Madrid,Barcelona,psg all wanted him. United somehow manoeuvred themselves ahead of the pack only to miss out somehow, you have Martial who is equally as big a talent and also a forward so therefore more decisive. Sanches though would of given you stale midfield a new dimension. There's a real lack of ball carriers in your midfield he'll establish himself as one of best within next 18 months.

Monster talent.

He is 18 - a lot time to get him to acquire that. Nobody expects him to replace anybody of the established Bayern players already this season - but to play a very good role when he has to. Seems to be quite a good character.

Bayern never had a portuguese player - but with Thiago and Rafinha we have to brazilian players who will take care of that (they did fine with Costa last season).

You have to buy them that age - when they just broke through but before they made themselves the big names. That is still risky but if they are already the stars you cannot pay them anymore.

You will see next season. He isn't overhyped. There's a reason Madrid,Barcelona,psg all wanted him. United somehow manoeuvred themselves ahead of the pack only to miss out somehow, you have Martial who is equally as big a talent and also a forward so therefore more decisive. Sanches though would of given you stale midfield a new dimension. There's a real lack of ball carriers in your midfield he'll establish himself as one of best within next 18 months.

Monster talent.

You should become a scout

Monster talent.

That's all speculation. He did look annoyingly good though.

He looks like he will be a good player to me

Sure these kinda comments are the kind used when you find out the girl you like and let get close, is doing so to get with your best friend. Butthurt comment. He is a sure talent no doubt it.

Haven't seen anything to convince me he's better than Anderson. They're incredibly similar players, with the physical strength and drive from deep in midfield but lacking the finesse and technique to be top quality.

Reminds me of how Anderson looked in bursts, powerful and runs with the ball with some power. On the other hand, he looks like he lacks good technique, doesn't seem like a great tackler or anything special when it comes to passing.
His power and athleticism seems to be glossing over everything else he lacks. Just don't see him becoming a top player.

I'm lost about the hype, I've watched him play and from what I've seen against Bayern, from youtube and read Benfica fans comments there's nothing overly special. I'll be first to admit when I was wrong but I wasn't for this signing considering the price mentioned. Especially when Kante is there for the taking.

That game against Bayern should have convinced our scouts to be honest. Early days but it looks like we fecked this one up.

How did we feck up?

He wanted to join Bayern and didn't want to join us. What are we supposed to do? Put a gun to his head.

He reminded me of a younger yaya toure tonight some powerful runs good strength.

But
i also saw alot of times were he made the wrong pass and he did not commit to challenges(might be as it was a friendly)

if he ever gets a knee injury i think with his frame it will destroy that explosive darts into the final third and i didnt see much else tonight were the price tag comes from.

anderson looked better at the same age and was a simuler style you dont get that space to run into in the PL but i will watch him again as gotta love "attacking the space" :D

Reactions: Rooney in Paris
Haven't seen anything to convince me he's better than Anderson. They're incredibly similar players, with the physical strength and drive from deep in midfield but lacking the finesse and technique to be top quality.
Well if he was half good as anderson at 18, I'd be excited, the question would be if he can stay fit and therefor fulfill his potential.

Anderson looked faster and technically better whereas sanches is more defensive version of him, better tackler and more muscles. We could do with this kind of player even though I feel that Tofu can make a similar impact

Touched the ball like 6 times, did decent enough 3 of the times he was on the ball. Not sure why everyone is getting giddy about tonight.

Fwiw Sterling was much much more impressive in his short spell.

Thought he looked quite good. Suited to the prem. But then i thought that about memphis so.... :wenger:

I thought he looked really good. I think Bayern have another great player on their books.

talented player.. probably didn't take him because of his height.

Which players are similar to Renato Sanches?

Bazoer, Neves and Tielemans don't have the pace of Renato, and besides Bazoer, the others don't look strong enough...

Maybe Saul? However I don't know if he has a powerful shot like Sanches.

Verrati is 1.65 while Fellaini is 1.94, IMO Sanches' height (1.76) is not the problem. We just waited too much to sign him. I think he wouldn't have problems in the Premier League.

I wanted to sign him (same as Dembele). But I hope we go for better players than them.

I expect opinions on the kid to sore over the next couple of years. I know little about him but it was strange to see a player who was apparently chased big time by both United and Bayern, and for mega fees, rated so low by the caf.

Sure these kinda comments are the kind used when you find out the girl you like and let get close, is doing so to get with your best friend. Butthurt comment. He is a sure talent no doubt it.
Check his thread when it looked like we were going to sign him, I've said the same thing from the start, don't let that ruin your theory though.

Monster talent.
Are you a big fan of Depay then? Because unless you think every player apparently chased by the top clubs will be s star your theory falls flat. You will see next season, he's half the player you think he his, the technical side of his game is severely lacking.

I expect opinions on the kid to sore over the next couple of years. I know little about him but it was strange to see a player who was apparently chased big time by both United and Bayern, and for mega fees, rated so low by the caf.

I remember telling you in private message even before he joined Bayern to pay no attention to what people were saying. He was being compared to ekangamene and apparently had no technique. To be honest i don't blame the forum @Sly done a number on him undermining his performances and rating Joao Mario who did anyone even notice yesterday by the way? As better.

Opinions will change massively in coming months. For only a reported guaranteed £27m with rest in add ons looks a good deal to me still gutted pep didn't try and sign him.

Which players are similar to Renato Sanches?

Bazoer, Neves and Tielemans don't have the pace of Renato, and besides Bazoer, the others don't look strong enough...

Maybe Saul? However I don't know if he has a powerful shot like Sanches.
Bazoer is fast as well, he doesnt have Sanches' drive, explosiveness and turn tho, but in straight lines they'd have comparable speed.

Few on the caf were rating him low when we were in for him. If he had chosen United, then we'd all be drooling over his potential.

At least United were interested unlike City.

I think that United faces the need of bringing in the finished article given our current squad whereas Bayern can splash the cash on a developing talent and bring him along slowly.

But if it was LVG's decision to nix the move, when Jose was already pipped to take over behind the scenes, then it could be a bungled transfer on the part of Woodward et. al.

But SAF preferred to find better value in the market rather than overpay. So who knows if there aren't better value players out there?

I still think we would have had Sanches to ourselves before his performance against Bayern in the CL.

We went all in for him, but he chose Bayern. Not much you can do really is there? Maybe confirming Mourinho earlier would have changed his mind.

In all things football they are ahead of us right now, so it wasn't really a difficult choice unfortunately.

We just need to suck it up and aim for the next wonderkid, there is always another :drool:

He does look like he will be a good player in the next few years. But we don't need midfielders who will be future stars right now, we need to bring in players with experience. Our midfield is dreadful at the minute, not one central midfielder really performed that well this season. Bayern have a plethora of top midfield talent so they can afford to bring him in and be patient with him, if we brought him to United he'd have to hit the ground running and I'm not sure if he's good enough for that yet.
He will most likely be an excellent signing for Bayern and Fair play to them, but we need players coming into their prime to reinvent our midfield.

I remember telling you in private message even before he joined Bayern to pay no attention to what people were saying. He was being compared to ekangamene and apparently had no technique. To be honest i don't blame the forum @Sly done a number on him undermining his performances and rating Joao Mario who did anyone even notice yesterday by the way? As better.

Opinions will change massively in coming months. For only a reported guaranteed £27m with rest in add ons looks a good deal to me still gutted pep didn't try and sign him.

Look dear polite gentleman i didn't undermine him at all, i just said the fee was unreasonable for a player with half a season of portuguese football. But i did acknowledge that he had potencial to become an important figure in the future of our national team if he kept playing and evolving. And i wasn't the one criticizing him the most, there was a user who quoted the Benfica fórum with the users ripping him apart. Also regarding João Mario, you do realize that he had a better season than Renato Sanches? He was elected second best player of the league after Jonas and the best midfielder. Sporting rejected the same type of Sanches offer from PSG for him. One bad game, with condicionalisms of a sending off, with defensive long ball instructions from Santos doesn't change that. Just last weekend Joao Mario was one of the best players against Norway. He will most probably be a starter in the Euro because of what he has done this year. One bad game doesn't erase one year work.

Btw i don't understand this type of reaction after an awful performance from our national team, where our média criticized our performance and where Patrício, Ricardo Carvalho, Moutinho and Danilo were the only ones who got praised.

People just looked at a Youtube compilation and decided he was "technically average," which gave rise to a snowball effect. Just shows you shouldn't pay too much attention to some of these know-it-all posters. It was embarrassing to witness.