Religion, what's the point?

fecking David Copperfield and Iblis man, I knew it. Probably Uri Geller too.

These guys are so cruel. There used to be mysteries in the world growing up as a child. Now all they do is explain them and debunk them, with rigorous logic and Jinns.

Through their powers of flying and invisibility, the Jinn are the chief component in occult activities. Voodoo, Black magic, Poltergeists, Witchcraft and Mediums can all be explained through the world of the Jinn. Likewise, so can the illusions and feats of magicians. Because the Jinn can traverse huge distances over a matter of seconds, their value to magicians is great. In return for helping them in their magic, the Jinns often ask for the magicians to sell their souls to them and even to Iblis. Thus the magicians take the Jinn and Iblis as lords besides Allah. In our day, some of the feats performed by magicians and entertainers are without doubt from the assistance of the Jinn. Making the Statue of Liberty disappear, flying across the Grand Canyon and retrieving a ship from the Bermuda Triangle[7], have all been done by the Jewish magician David Copperfield. There is NO way that a man could do such things without the assistance of the Jinn. It would not be surprising therefore, if David Copperfield had sold his soul to Iblis himself.
Seriously Sultan, are you fecking serious?

I can't work out whether it's the willful ignorance of how magicians operate 'tricks' or the superfluous mention of JEWISH magician David Copperfield that's the most offensive to my intelligence.

I refuse to believe this is not a parody. I refuse to believe anyone could ever believe this. There is no way Sultan believes this.

It's not really any more or less believable than angels, heaven, hell or reincarnation though is it?

On another note, it's where we got "genies" from isn't it?

At the core of it, no, it's not any more unbelievable. But people have been conditioned to find such concepts perfectly believable. It's less common to believe that David Copperfield may have sold his soul to demons.

It's an unbelievably funny article. Sections of it made me literally laugh out loud. There's this bit where he calmly talks about chopping David Copperfield's head off for doing magic tricks and jokes about him being able to put it back on. Or another section about Angels taking potshots at Jinn with meteors over the skies of Morocco.

You get the feeling some some guy is gloating in some atheist forum about being able to sneak an article into a devout Islamic website.

I'm more influenced by Nikolai Gogol, except he was purchasing dead souls. I'll get there..eventually.

Yeah but that's just science though innit. It would say that. With it's facts and shit. It can't make me believe it.

How does one go about selling their soul to Iblis? Is it like a special branch of CEX or something?

After my grandma said one could sell his/her soul to the devil to achieve fame, riches, etc., I attempted to do such a few times in my bedroom in the hopes of a professional baseball career. Apparently, much like this god fella, the devil never responds. In retrospect I probably should have sold my soul to the needle and steroids.

Seriously Sultan, are you fecking serious?

I can't work out whether it's the willful ignorance of how magicians operate 'tricks' or the superfluous mention of JEWISH magician David Copperfield that's the most offensive to my intelligence.

It's even more hilarious where everyone who has watched the trickbusters (or spend some time analyzing the magic) know that they were only well prepared tricks.

Are we sure we aren't talking about the effects of gin rather than jinn here?

:lol:

It's a totally awesome argument. You will believe nearly any shit some scientist tells you as long as it coincides with your worldview.
It isn't an awesome argument, it is a retarded argument. Especially considering that for all these researches anyone interested can find how they are done and if he wants (and is enough smart) can replicate them.

It's even more hilarious where everyone who has watched the trickbusters (or spend some time analyzing the magic) know that they were only well prepared tricks.

:lol:

It isn't an awesome argument, it is a retarded argument. Especially considering that for all these researches anyone interested can find how they are done and if he wants (and is enough smart) can replicate them.

No one in this forum is ever going to go through the effort of obtaining all 63 studies, conducting its own analysis and drawing its conclusion, but you'll all keep on believing that what Zauckerman et al. came up with is absolutely true. Are you not getting it?