Reece James

I know I'm biased but for me he's the only player in the England team who can stake a claim to be the world's best player in his position.

oh wow the cheek. Reece is twice the player Zaha is
Zaha will always be a big man-baby. Post isn’t even disrespectful to him, if anything it’s the opposite. But then again, Zaha sets the bar real low when it comes to respect and being respected. So I’m not surprised.

He’s implying James is attempting to gain clout off Zaha’s name, which is a bizarre asserting in itself but also a clear emotional response to James posting a picture of him with lock symbol :lol:

Tbf it does seem like a personal dig at Zaha. Could've posted something like 'good win' and then it wouldn't have been about the player. But I'm all for it, we need spicier games in the league. Seems like forever since we've had solid personal vendettas in the league

Relative to others at his position, he is the best English player. Top RB/RWB in the world for me, with his all around game nudging him ahead of some others that are mainly just attackers.

Rather than the one being provocative. Interesting. Since when is it being a child if you can't take a joke?
Zaha is a well renowned baby to the point that Watford fans pretty much made him cry for diving one year, hence why they are acrimonious with each other. The post in question is hardly provocative, if anything he should be flattered that someone was proud to keep him quiet all game and see it as an achievement - highlighting him as a threat. But in any case, even if he chose to see it differently - which he did, his reaction speaks more about him than James. He could have simply replied something along the lines of “good game, next time won’t go the same way” and people would have shown him more respect in kind.

Wasn't it James first start for Chelsea in the league against Palace two seasons ago and he was up against Zaha. I remember MOTD highlighting his performance against Wilfried. There's obviously some competitive edge there between the two.

Wasn't it James first start for Chelsea in the league against Palace two seasons ago and he was up against Zaha. I remember MOTD highlighting his performance against Wilfried. There's obviously some competitive edge there between the two.
He got taunted by a fan about it afterwards and resorted to a "your mum" joke :lol:

Sad times, if true.

We've been getting conflicting reports though.

Terrible blow. If surgery is needed then that’s the season right?
He’s the one player Chelsea can’t afford to miss

I’m guessing the initial scan was right. A blow to the inside of the knee is commonly a cause of an LCL. A week or so of recovery implies it looked like a grade one “strain”, which just requires rest, and usually a brace to help stabilize. When you have a Grade 1 you run the risk of being vulnerable to tears. Grade 2 would be partial tears, surgery is an option, especially in professional athletes, or just more time. Grade 3 means complete tear, definite surgery.

he might NOT have further aggravated it though. The initial swelling could mask partial tears if it’s a grade 2 and he did well on the functional examination. But if the swelling was that high, then why not more precautionary measures..

There’s also the chance it went from being a normal strain to just snapping.

Just not good news all around, and I would have questions for the medical staff in any of those situations.

Missing the World Cup … I feel so bad for him.

If he misses a lot of time it'll be interesting to see what Potter does, especially with his right side already hampered by Fofana's absence.

Azpi is the most natural replacement but that's going to leave the right side really lacking dynamism and threat with him and Chalobah together. I know RLC has played there before. In a game against weak competition, it might be interesting to see what Gallagher is like as a RWB.

Torrid luck for him, he was injured for a bit last season too

Southgate must be sweating. Isn't Walker out too? And TAA... yeah
He still has his favourite player Trippier. But that would mean he would have to play Shaw or Chilwell LB and he has never taken to either of them.

He still has his favourite player Trippier. But that would mean he would have to play Shaw or Chilwell LB and he has never taken to either of them.
Honestly think they should go Ben White there. Or Ben White as RCB of a back 3 with TAA more free to roam the wing.

Eh? According to who? Worst I've seen reported is a couple of months.

Yeah you could get him back for the run in I guess. Sounds like a tear though and possible surgery. Knees can be very troublesome and that’s not even taking the rehab and getting back to match fitness into account.

Yeah you could get him back for the run in I guess. Sounds like a tear though and possible surgery. Knees can be very troublesome and that’s not even taking the rehab and getting back to match fitness into account.
The lcl is t nearly as bad as an acl or mcl, and when they heal after surgery they have a much lower i stance of re-aggravation. If they are talking 6 to 8 weeks that sounds more like a grade 2 partial, and a longer healing process coupled with the plasma treatments, etc. surgery would have a longer timeframe generally, but results with surgery on LCLs are very consistent, so I could see them going that route even if it takes extra time.

Last edited:
I feel they are taking the easy solution here to rush him back.

Could be a career changing injury. Such risks shouldn’t be taken with young players.

Chelsea say 8 weeks. My guess is he’ll sit out the WC and aim to be back around the new year.

I feel they are taking the easy solution here to rush him back.

Could be a career changing injury. Such risks shouldn’t be taken with young players.

It’s just speculation though. We don’t know the extent of the injury.

AWB will end up at the WC at this rate.

As good as James is, Trippier and Walker (who should be back by then) are able deputies. Also, it hopefully means we won't be taking 4 right backs to the World Cup.