Reece James

So basically every English RB is excellent for modern football yet we chose to spend 50m on AwB.
This is what infuriates me, I mean, what are the odds of us packing the worst of the English RB lot. Then at the end, it's us, we don't know any better.
Hopefully this changes once our new manager comes in.

Hey man, your players need to stop twerking for him. He's going nowhere. Slide into Trent's DM's instead, or Wan-Bi ... never mind, yeah go and bother Trent instead.
don't worry, he has a very long contract and I'm sure his price is prohibitive

Yeah I agree with one on one situations I shuffle uneasily in my seat with Trent. But Trent yesterday would have put enough quality balls to have seen you qualify for the semi finals. Not just good balls, but real, on a plate, gilt edged chances.

I can't see Reece doing that while playing a crazy high line in a back 4 against City, etc. :eek: :nervous:

Yeah true - TAA's delivery from deep positions is second to none and is a true weapon. That said, Reece did put in a peach of a ball in the ~115th minute or so that Havertz wasted unfortunately!

don't worry, he has a very long contract and I'm sure his price is prohibitive

3 years left on his current deal with a pretty low salary. Need to secure him to another long term deal. Him and Mount.

The player we should spend the Haaland money on

How have Chelsea managed to produce three quality young RBs in Reece, Lamptey and Livramento around the same time? Did your guys went around looking only for right backs in every training ground?

How have Chelsea managed to produce three quality young RBs in Reece, Lamptey and Livramento around the same time? Did your guys went around looking only for right backs in every training ground?
It's just Cobham, mate. The number of established players they've made in recent history is ridiculous, I'm not sure anyone's been as prolific at single points before

Well, they all signed for Chelsea at the under-8 level - don't think we were on a mission for right backs then!

Yeah, he is better than Trent defensively, no question. But Trent has a Beckham-esque assist in him almost every game. His vision is unparalleled… these are two players you can’t leave on the bench if both are an option.
Trent should feature in midfield at the World Cup.

Chelsea’s best player by some distance every time I see him

If I could pick 1 player from this current Chelsea team it would be him.

Feel like you need to get both him and Trent in the team for the World Cup but how? James at LB?

He doesn't even play RB. He's a wingback, which makes a huge difference.

He's a top player though and great going forward and defending. Haven't seen much of him in a back 4, but still a top player in his position.

Sure he is a wingback but he can play RB RCB and CM. His skill set is huge.

Amazing that Chelsea are able to line out a metaphorical killer at RWB and an actual killer at LWB.

He doesn't even play RB. He's a wingback, which makes a huge difference.

He's a top player though and great going forward and defending. Haven't seen much of him in a back 4, but still a top player in his position.

He was great in a back 4 too. He's also played RCB in big games for both Chelsea and England. I think it's fair to say he's equally as good at RB or RWB.

Signed a new 6 year deal today.

Is it me or is committing yourself to a club for this long with things being as unstable as they are completely and utterly daft?

He’ll probably end up regretting it the same way as Kane, Niguez, Pardew and… Moyes :nervous: did.

Ultra long term deals just don’t work in this day and age with the ever changing climate.

Is it me or is committing yourself to a club for this long with things being as unstable as they are completely and utterly daft?

He’ll probably end up regretting it the same way as Kane, Niguez, Pardew and… Moyes :nervous: did.

Ultra long term deals just don’t work in this day and age with the ever changing climate.

It’s an extra year to the usual 5 year deal. Don’t see what’s so ultra long about it.

Has a champions league medal unlike Kane. Will likely win other trophies. Wants to captain the club too, doubt there will be any regret.

Why would he end up regretting it? It's not like he's stuck in a club like Tottenham where you have no hope of ever winning anything. The only club who could ever lure him away is Real Madrid.

It's Chelsea not Spurs or Arsenal

Bad idea in my opinion. Apparently Real Madrid wanted to sign him. It would've been a much better move for him I think. Same for Saka at Arsenal. He should leave on a free to a better club.

Bad idea in my opinion. Apparently Real Madrid wanted to sign him. It would've been a much better move for him I think. Same for Saka at Arsenal. He should leave on a free to a better club.
Hate this notion that commiting to a club is a bad move, move to Real should still be on if he is good enough and if he want´s to.
Just hope more good young players are ready to commit to English club and telling Real and Barca to feck off.

Locked down Zaha today. Doesn't look like Zaha was impressed with Reece trying to get 'clout' off his name though.

Zaha is probably the angriest man to ever play football. Always fecked off about something

Bit cheeky of James to post that to be honest :lol:

But he did lock down Zaha today. He’s not lying. Zaha ended up running away and playing on the opposite side after getting zero change out of James.

Locked down Zaha today. Doesn't look like Zaha was impressed with Reece trying to get 'clout' off his name though.

Zaha is a child

If I ever wonder whether or not a footballer is posting themselves (or if they are using a PR firm), bad spelling or grammar always gives the game away.

"Clouts a hell of a drug" = 100% from Wilf himself.

What does that even mean

He’s implying James is attempting to gain clout off Zaha’s name, which is a bizarre asserting in itself but also a clear emotional response to James posting a picture of him with lock symbol :lol:

He’s implying James is attempting to gain clout off Zaha’s name, which is a bizarre asserting in itself but also a clear emotional response to James posting a picture of him with lock symbol :lol:

oh wow the cheek. Reece is twice the player Zaha is