Film RedCafe's Favourite Movies Of All Time Contest (ROUND 3)

Also, I love me some Tarantino, but it's shocking that Basterds got in ahead of No Country for Old Men. :wenger:

Probably because it is a much better film. Love the Coen Brothers usually but didn't like this film.

1. The Princess Bride
2. Jurassic Park
3. LOTR: FOTR
4. Batman Returns
5. Infinity War

Princess Bride doesn’t go through I’m out.

1. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
2. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
3. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
4. The Batman
5. The Dark Knight

Also, how the hell does Schindler's List make the 'War & Western' category?

1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy
2. Dark Knight
3. Logan
4. X Men: Days of Future Past
5. Spiderman 2

Wouldn't be unfair to have the LOTR movies separately became they would be the top 3 and not leave enough space for the rest.
Sorry bud, you'll have to separate that trilogy. Also Dark Knight has already gotten through so you don't need that.
Yeah. I did suggest to @Dirty Schwein that we have 16 genres and then a knockout but like my fantasy football advice, he ignored me :( … probably for the best t.b.h.
Even if I did that... People would find more genres missing.
Prophetic :lol:
Right? :lol:
Tag me. Who is ignoring who now...

1. The Dark Knight
  2. Pans Labyrinth
  3. Deadpool
  4. The Wizard of Oz
  5. The Incredibles (no I’m not 12, I just like animated films)
Have to leave Logan and The Princess Bride out :(

(#16categoriesandaknockout)
1. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
2. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
3. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
4. The Batman
5. The Dark Knight

Also, how the hell does Schindler's List make the 'War & Western' category?

Dark Knight has already progressed so please change that.

Thanks bud

Dark Knight has already progressed so please change that.

It's a protest vote. Before the categories are managed better, my vote will remain on The Dark Knight - of the categories you have defined, this is where it fits. Also, Schindler's list needs to go in the Drama category.

This election is rigged, and I'm suing. Great job though - cool project!

Probably because it is a much better film. Love the Coen Brothers usually but didn't like this film.

Crazy talk. No Country for Old Men is a much better movie than Bastards although the novel is even better.

It's a protest vote. Before the categories are managed better, my vote will remain on The Dark Knight - of the categories you have defined, this is where it fits. Also, Schindler's list needs to go in the Drama category.

This election is rigged, and I'm suing. Great job though - cool project!
Haha mate there's no way to do it where everyone will be happy I guarantee you that.

Shocking amount of people haven't Seen Lord of the Rings. Should be illegal.

Meh. Good battle sequences to end each one but you have to sit through an entire film's worth of dull-at-it's-best, annoying-at-it's-worst story to get to them. I was more engaged by the opening two episodes of the current TV show than everything outside of each film's major setpiece. At least they have those sequences though... The Hobbit was the same but without the action - what a hard slog for nothing!

Crazy talk. No Country for Old Men is a much better movie than Bastards although the novel is even better.

It's great but not as good as Basterds. Might get into more lists in the Thriller round though, which is the genre my mind jumps to when I think about categorising it.

Meh. Good battle sequences to end each one but you have to sit through an entire film's worth of dull-at-it's-best, annoying-at-it's-worst story to get to them.
The first one is a genuinely good film that can judged on it own, the other two are pretty poor(Skateboarding on shields and elephants). The achievement of making the trilogy is far more impressive than the actual films imo.

The first one is a genuinely good film that can judged on it own, the other two are pretty poor(Skateboarding on shields and elephants). The achievement of making the trilogy is far more impressive than the actual films imo.

I agree with this, the first almost stands alone (If you're not interested in or obsessed with the overarching narrative). I like all three, but come back to the first a lot.

I'm not sure the Two Towers is ruined because they chucked in a 10 second spot for little kids to go "ooooh, cool!". :lol:

ROTK is below the others for me because of the 17 fecking endings, though.

I agree with this, the first almost stands alone (If you're not interested in or obsessed with the overarching narrative). I like all three, but come back to the first a lot.
Yep it's the only one of the trilogy I can quite easily watch from start to finish(The others I just youtube the battle scenes).

ROTK is below the others for me because of the 17 fecking endings, though.
I have ROTK in second just for this guy

6038525.png

His overacting and death were amazing. Although yeah the 17 endings while needed to go for a piss, was something I won't forget.

Oh didn’t think of Star Wars. Yeah agree you with that it’s really more of a fantasy film.

2001 will be a interesting one as while I think it will get mentioned, imo Interstellar has overtook its place as the most mainstream original sci fi film(Although personally I think 2001 is in different league compare to Nolan movie).

Sci fi will be the most difficult one as there is a ton of big hitters. So far I’ve got pretty popular picks and Ridley Scott Alien hasn’t made the cut.
I'd love to see people embrace films like Gattaca, Children of Men, and Moon for the SF category. Bonus points if anyone votes for Metropolis. But outside 2001 (of which I'm not a great fan) edit: and Bladerunner, I expect more space opera stuff. So much good SF though - just a perfect genre for social commentary and experimental stories.

Last edited:
Meh. Good battle sequences to end each one but you have to sit through an entire film's worth of dull-at-it's-best, annoying-at-it's-worst story to get to them. I was more engaged by the opening two episodes of the current TV show than everything outside of each film's major setpiece. At least they have those sequences though... The Hobbit was the same but without the action - what a hard slog for nothing!

It's great but not as good as Basterds. Might get into more lists in the Thriller round though, which is the genre my mind jumps to when I think about categorising it.

No Country was specifically written as a neo-western by Cormac McCarthy so I don't think it really fits as a thriller, which tends to be stuff more like Gone Girl. One of my favorite thrillers is Burning which I think has a very different set-up than No Country which highlights main differences between those genres. The Coen movie definitely captures that neo-western feel. I felt it was just superior as a film to Bastards, which was fun but a bit shallow and felt like it was written to give A-list actors set-piece moments.

I'd love to see people embrace films like Gattaca, Children of Men, and Moon for the SF category. Bonus points if anyone votes for Metropolis. But outside 2001 (of which I'm not a great fan), I expect more space opera stuff. So much good SF though - just a perfect genre for social commentary and experimental stories.

Blade Runner is the most essential sci-fi for me.

I'd love to see people embrace films like Gattaca, Children of Men, and Moon for the SF category. Bonus points if anyone votes for Metropolis. But outside 2001 (of which I'm not a great fan), I expect more space opera stuff. So much good SF though - just a perfect genre for social commentary and experimental stories.
Solyaris!

I don't know where to put CoM, but it probably isn't SciFi for me. Moon is a great movie, and hopefully features highly.

I don't know where to put CoM, but it probably isn't SciFi for me. Moon is a great movie, and hopefully features highly.
Well, it's set in the future and there's some limited future tech - so I suppose it qualifies.

The thing is that many films fit many genres, and that most films that I would consider really good would only properly fit the drama category. So at least for myself (for what little it's worth), I'm trying to insert some of my favorites in other geners that they could kinda fit into.

(Even so I'm still forgetting to mention a ton of films. But anyway.)

We all know deep down inside that Moon isn’t making it through. It’ll be like 3 Star Wars films, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Spaceballs.

This one fairly easy for me.

1: LOTR: Fellowship
2. LOTR: ROTK
3. LOTR: Two Towers
4. Hobbit: Part 2
5. Hobbit: Part 3

We all know deep down inside that Moon isn’t making it through. It’ll be like 3 Star Wars films, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Spaceballs.
Interstellar is going to win and it will be a gigantic injustice to the genre.

I thought The Crow would be more popular... I love that movie. It's a comfort movie for me when I feel shit.

Dredd was also another good one that nobody is voting for :(

I'd love to see people embrace films like Gattaca, Children of Men, and Moon for the SF category. Bonus points if anyone votes for Metropolis.
I think Children Of Men might be the only sci-fi film post 2000 that has the best chance of making the top 5(Although I expect it to fall short).

Under The Skin is another gem that will likely miss out.

Dredd was also another good one that nobody is voting for :(
The 2012 film ? Had that as my number 6, didn’t make it just because of the cgi blood. Still overall it’s a great film.

LOTR the two towers
Unbreakable
LOTR fellowship
Time Bandits
Pans Labyrinth

Karate kid has got to be in one of my top 3. Has anyone seen cobra Kai? A top series which you’d have to of watched Karate kid to understand it.

No Country was specifically written as a neo-western by Cormac McCarthy so I don't think it really fits as a thriller, which tends to be stuff more like Gone Girl. One of my favorite thrillers is Burning which I think has a very different set-up than No Country which highlights main differences between those genres. The Coen movie definitely captures that neo-western feel. I felt it was just superior as a film to Bastards, which was fun but a bit shallow and felt like it was written to give A-list actors set-piece moments.
1000000%. No Country as a body of work / story is head and shoulders above Basterds. Anyone that doesn’t agree obviously needs to be ostracised from society and preferably beaten in public by the dregs of society before being ostracised.

Last edited:
:lol: No nonsense stuff there.

I don't really like Superhero films. Actually that's being polite. I detest them with every fibre of my being. So this for me was fairly straightforward one. I love LOTR and the Hobbit more than just about any other story ever told. The films brought me tremendous joy. LOTR obviously much much better of the two but still love them all.