Film RedCafe's Favourite Movies Of All Time Contest (ROUND 2)

1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Braveheart
3. 3.10 to Yuma (2007)
4. Django Unchained
5. The Quick and the Dead

Inglourious Basterds is fantastic -Tarantino's best film for me.

No love for Braveheart? Nobody else?

Pleasantly surprised by the other votes for 3.10 to Yuma in particular - didn't expect others to regard it as highly as I do.

1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Braveheart
3. 3.10 to Yuma (2007)
4. Django Unchained
5. The Quick and the Dead

Inglourious Basterds is fantastic -Tarantino's best film for me.

No love for Braveheart? Nobody else?

Pleasantly surprised by the other votes for 3.10 to Yuma in particular - didn't expect others to regard it as highly as I do.
Yeah I thought I was the only one.

1 Apocalypse Now
2 The Battle of Algiers
3 Full Metal Jacket
4 Once Upon a Time in the West
5 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

1. Unforgiven
2. Apocalypse Now
3. Bone Tomahawk
4. The Good the Bad and the Ugly
5. The Hurt Locker

No Country aint a western.

Last edited:
1. Inglorious Basterds
2. Dunkirk
3. Django Unchained
4. True Grit
5. Black Hawk Down

I visited plantation where Django Unchained was filmed. It feels so heavy there. I can't even begin to imagine the horrors that transpired there.

1. Inglorious Basterds
2. Dunkirk
3. Django Unchained
4. True Grit
5. Black Hawk Down

I visited plantation where Django Unchained was filmed. It feels so heavy there. I can't even begin to imagine the horrors that transpired there.
You might get a kick out of watching Apocalypse Now for the first time now and hear some iconic lines that often get referenced.

“The horror…the horror.”
”I love the smell of napalm in the morning... It smelled like, victory.“
”Terminate, with extreme prejudice.”

Yeah I thought I was the only one.

As I began reading this thread there was a rush of hope that it might make it through to the next round, but that quickly dissipated as the votes dried up.

Naturally, I expected this round to be dominated by older classics but Django and Inglourious may have a chance.

Thought Braveheart would do better though...

1. Unforgiven
2. Apocalypse Now
3. Bone Tomahawk
4. The Good the Bad and the Ugly
5. The Hurt Locker

No Country aint a western.

Is Bone Tomahawk really a western?

You might get a kick out of watching Apocalypse Now for the first time now and hear some iconic lines that often get referenced.

“The horror…the horror.”
”I love the smell of napalm in the morning... It smelled like, victory.“
”Terminate, with extreme prejudice.”
I've heard this before.

1. Waterloo
2. Master and Commander
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. A Bridge Too Far
5. Ran

Rule alteration on changing votes, updating OP now but:

Please quote your old list and then type your new list on the new post and tag me.

1. Unforgiven
2. Schindler's List
3. Inglourious Basterds
4. The Pianist
5. Tombstone

And at least 10 other movies should be on the list

1. No Country For Old Men
2. Mars Attacks
3. Schindler's List
4. Saving Private Ryan
5. Apocalypse Now

You must be really looking forward to the next round?
:lol:

If this film doesn't win for this one scene then cinema is truly dead

DdaesA2VMAAVnL3.jpg

Surprised at the amount of votes that Inglourious Basterds is getting. It was ok, but classic QT more style over substance.

Surprised at the amount of votes that Inglourious Basterds is getting. It was ok, but classic QT more style over substance.
I didn’t list it, but it has a villain so surprisingly good Tarantino went out of his way to feature him later and some legendary scenes. The dairy farmer and the bar scene are classics.

I didn’t list it, but it has a villain so surprisingly good Tarantino went out of his way to feature him later and some legendary scenes. The dairy farmer and the bar scene are classics.
Agree that Hans Landa / Christophe Waltz was incredible. And yes they’re the two stand out scenes for me too.

However, I didn’t like the ending and I felt certain parts were too gimmicky. It doesn’t spring to mind when I think of best war movies I’ve seen (although it is a good movie, I’ll recant my previous rating of it being ‘ok’).

I'm surprised Tarantino hasn't popped up more. The guy pretty much takes the best moments from other films and brings them into the mainstream.

A bit of a shit film though
If Saving Private Ryan(Good opening scene following by 2 hours 30 minutes of sicko Spielberg US war propaganda!)ends up in the top 5, then there’s no reason why a dog shit film like Never Ending Story can’t also succeed.

1. Brotherhood (Taegukgi)
2. The Good, The Bad and The Weird.
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. Full Metal Jacket
5. Blazing Saddles

1. Brotherhood (Taegukgi)
2. The Good, The Bad and The Weird.
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. Full Metal Jacket
5. Blazing Saddles
Was strongly considering this one, but left it for comedy because with my love of Westerns there wasn’t much room.

Also doing the same with Dr. Strangelove but that’s more because I don’t think it fits here.