Film RedCafe's Favourite Movies Of All Time Contest (ROUND 2)

Just thinking about thriller is giving me a headache... It's gonna be really hard.

I love so many horror films but there are clearly 5 that I always go back to... Thriller there are so many

1. The Good The Bad & The Ugly
2. The Pianist
3. The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford
4. Inglourious Basterds
5. 1917

Might edit Pianist out and put that in drama..

Last edited:
:lol:

If this film doesn't win for this one scene then cinema is truly dead

DdaesA2VMAAVnL3.jpg

It's on my list.

Hmmm...I think they're a tad overrated. Have you seen My Sassy Girl? Must admit I enjoyed it.
No, not really into movies that bill themselves as romantic though.
It's gonna be a shame when the final 25 are all Hollywood movies :lol:
Haha yeah, but it is to be expected with some of the people on this site.

1. Das Boot
2. Schindler's List (if that's a war movie?)
3. Die Brücke (The Bridge) - original, not remake
4. Apocalypse Now
5. Inglorious basterds

Deer Hunter as the fifth if Schindler's List isn't a war movie.

1. Waterloo
2. Master and Commander
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. A Bridge Too Far
5. Ran

I would have voted for Ran, but I didn't think that would be considered a war movie (despite containing some of the most stunning battle scenes ever put on film).

Not with you on SPR though. Except for the opening sequence, which is ground-breaking and magnificent, I just find it really, really poor - both as a story and particularly in its depiction of battle, which towards the end is downright ridiculous. Both the best and the worst of the genre rolled into one!

I would have voted for Ran, but I didn't think that would be considered a war movie (despite containing some of the most stunning battle scenes ever put on film).

Not with you on SPR though. Except for the opening sequence, which is ground-breaking and magnificent, I just find it really, really poor - both as a story and particularly in its depiction of battle, which towards the end is downright ridiculous. Both the best and the worst of the genre rolled into one!
The thing about SPR is it had decent focus on the characters. I struggle with war films because I can't tell who is who when they're in military gear with helmet on.

That was one of the few war movies where I know who is who :lol:

The thing about SPR is it had decent focus on the characters. I struggle with war films because I can't tell who is who when they're in military gear with helmet on.

That was one of the few war movies where I know who is who :lol:

Well, if that's the bar, then you've got a point! :lol:

Well, if that's the bar, then you've got a point! :lol:
Haha yeah I'm just not a big fan of war films or westerns but they are big genres. I struggled to find up with more than the ones I listed.

To be honest I don't even like 4&5 that much. Probably should have put Overlord in there... I'm fact I'm gonna do that.

1. Das Boot
2. Schindler's List (if that's a war movie?)
3. Die Brücke (The Bridge) - original, not remake
4. Apocalypse Now
5. Inglorious basterds

Deer Hunter as the fifth if Schindler's List isn't a war movie.

I wanted to put Deer Hunter as well over The Pianist. Technically yes Schindlers and Pianist are war movies but I'd say they're stronger dramas.

1. Saving Private Ryan
  2. Inglourios Basterds
  3. Hacksaw Ridge
  4. Dunkirk
  5. 1917

1 Unforgiven
2 Hell or High Water
3 Thin Red Line
4 3:10 to Yuma
5 Master and Commander

There is war in Lord of the rings…. Just saying.

I was going to put There Will Be Blood in my 5 but it doesn’t fit a traditional western.

Only 6 points between two big hitters sitting in 5th & 6th... I wonder if any more votes will come in to change that.

1- Apocalypse Now
2- Inglorious Basterds
3- Full Metal Jacket
4- Django Unchained
5- Saving Private Ryan

Saving Private Ryan only makes it because without that we don't get Band of Brothers.