Film RedCafe's Favourite Movies Of All Time Contest (ROUND 2)

1 Where Eagles Dare
2 Unforgiven
3 The Good The Bad and The Ugly
4 Kelly's Heroes
5 Platoon

1. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
  2. No Country For Old Men
  3. The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford
  4. Ran
  5. The Searchers

1. Come and See
2. Apocalypse Now
3. Ran
4. The Cranes are Flying
5. The Battle of Algiers

@Dirty Schwein I edited my votes (post #5), just in case you've already added it to your sheet.

Somehow forgot all about Django Unchained.

1. 300
  2. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
  3. The Great Escape
  4. The Hurt Locker
  5. The Deer Hunter

It's great isn't it? Wish more people saw it.

True. Although a lot of TDK votes came after that I believe, so people must just rate it as an action film?

Yeah but I need to keep it to 10 weeks so had to pair some up. These two go ok together.
the bit with the axe and the legs - so gross.

Gladiator in top-5? Wow. And not a good wow.

1. Apocalypse Now
  2. Come and See
  3. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
  4. No Country for Old Men
  5. Full Metal Jacket

Gladiator in top-5? Wow. And not a good wow.

1. Apocalypse Now
  2. Come and See
  3. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
  4. No Country for Old Men
  5. Full Metal Jacket
Solid list. Glad to see that come and see is getting some recognition on here.

Will break slightly from my 'not english language' rule as I want to include The Thin Red Line and Apocalypse Now.

1. Ran
2. The Battle of Algiers
3. Apocalypse Now
4. The Thin Red Line
5. The Ascent

Both I would say.
Oh I agree it could fit in both genres, I just assumed that poster asked me what genre I was mostly associating it with. I have no qualms with it being associated with the other.
It should be on my list.
It should but I can see the rationale for the 2 films on your list that I don't have - I actually find Das Boot a bit boring and while it's a good film, it doesn't move me on the same level as others do, and Come and See is just too harrowing for me (which obviously is intended, and I admire it for that - I just can't put it in my list).

Oh I agree it could fit in both genres, I just assumed that poster asked me what genre I was mostly associating it with. I have no qualms with it being associated with the other.

It should but I can see the rationale for the 2 films on your list that I don't have - I actually find Das Boot a bit boring and while it's a good film, it doesn't move me on the same level as others do, and Come and See is just too harrowing for me (which obviously is intended, and I admire it for that - I just can't put it in my list).

Yeah I agree Come and See was too harrowing. I'll probably replace it for Seven Samurai which means Kurosawa is on my list twice. I'd rather have it on this list than lumped with Die Hard.

A man who votes Inglorious Bastards as #1 shouldn't be allowed to pass judgements on others :)
Remember, this is "favourite" not "greatest"... I think Apocalypse Now is great but I had more fun with Inglorious.

War/Western

1. No Country for Old Men
2. Hell or High Water
3. El Topo (I know almost no one will have seen this psychedelic western from 1970s Mexico but it deserves a mention and I reserve the right to switch this vote to a bubble film near the end)
4.Ballad of Buster Scruggs
5. Ran

Last edited: