RedCafe - Minute by Minute

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
I think there should be a separate thread for people to talk about streams, and anyone who brings them up in the matchday thread should have their bollocks cut off.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Now that Pogue et all are doing the minute by minute the matchday probably wont be changed...

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
the minute by minute repors for the WBA game are being done by brad and esmufc ... so basically there is space for one more - pm me if you are interested in it (or any other upcoming game - two is the most for any fixture)

the thread will be slightly behind the matchday thread because of the informative nature of the posts, so no bitching on that count or any count until it's over..

i think it'll be really interesting to see how it pans out and much respect to the boys who are up first.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
the minute by minute repors for the WBA game are being done by brad and esmufc ... so basically there is space for one more - pm me if you are interested in it (or any other upcoming game - two is the most for any fixture)

the thread will be slightly behind the matchday thread because of the informative nature of the posts, so no bitching on that count or any count until it's over..

i think it'll be really interesting to see how it pans out and much respect to the boys who are up first.
Three is the most, right?

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
I'm doing West Ham/Hull, possibly both.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
when are esmu and brad allowed to access the stickied thread in the matchday forum?

still one more space tomorrow if anyone fancies it

WeasteDevil

To be quite honest this is the most stupid idea I've ever seen the admins support on this forum. Instead of actually taking action in the correct manner, they allow something on the level of this spasticity to go on.

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
How is this spastic? Would you rather make it a pre-requisite that everyone who posts in the matchday thread has to be describing the play in every post? This is simply here to give those without access to the match an idea on how the game is going, without having to wonder what has happened after reading a post like "should have done better there Ronaldo".

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
To be quite honest this is the most stupid idea I've ever seen the admins support on this forum. Instead of actually taking action in the correct manner, they allow something on the level of this spasticity to go on.

this might be the worst idea ever , but only one way to find out ... with very little risk to anyone if it goes tits up ... it's not like anyone has to post pics of their wife and kids on the net ? oh hang on , that's not spastic ? :rolleyes:

WeasteDevil

How is this spastic? Would you rather make it a pre-requisite that everyone who posts in the matchday thread has to be describing the play in every post? This is simply here to give those without access to the match an idea on how the game is going, without having to wonder what has happened after reading a post like "should have done better there Ronaldo".
Are there not enough match trackers already?

If you hadn't noticed, this is a "discussion" forum!

WeasteDevil

I'm bothered by this because it's the culmination of a string of poor decisions from our forum leaders not taking action against certain posters that have required some of you to want this type of thing.

Pogue Mahone

I'm bothered by this because it's the culmination of a string of poor decisions from our forum leaders not taking action against certain posters that have required some of you to want this type of thing.
Ah, ok. I get you. Bit harsh on the mods but I know where you're coming from.

Still, let's see if this really is as stupid as it sounds before casting judgement. Like I said, it might well be utter shite but it might be handy for people who can't watch the game and want to follow it online, with a caf "flavour", but don't want to dip into the usual match-day thread spackerfest.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Comparing the matchday forum to the general forum is spastic.
that's the only good point you make ...

just give it a shot weaste ... I know it's a discussion forum - you don't think the minute by minute will cause discussion? and the matchday thread is full of utter shite that is nowhere near discussion , it's the last place I'd look at on the net during matchtime ... which is why Pogue originally floated this idea ... which is kinda what you are saying anyway ... so it's all ok

WeasteDevil

that's the only good point you make ...

just give it a shot weaste ... I know it's a discussion forum - you don't think the minute by minute will cause discussion?
So what happens if I post in it when not nominated?

and the matchday thread is full of utter shite that is nowhere near discussion
The football forums in general are full of shite, that's the problem I have with this, the minute by minute thing is just the end of a very sorry road. It's trying to fix some things that should be fixed in different ways. It's brushing the dirt under the carpet and then pretending that it isn't there.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
So what happens if I post in it when not nominated?
you kill the whole thing ... or you can see how it pans out ... or you can nominate yourself to be one of the posters if you want to post in it... I hear what you are saying about it being the wrong fix ... but it only adds to the forum ... none of what is already in place is being taken away?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I don't think that what I think will make any difference in terms of killing anything. Admins on here are very stubborn.
i just mean that if you put random posts in it you'll kill it ... was just answering your question ...

and although your word may not be law I'd say your view carries a lot of weight , and rightly so

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
. . . apart from when he wants to go on a mad rampage to ban everybody.

Good luck to the lads doing it this time around.

No pressure.

B Cantona

Desperate
If the mods ruled with the same iron fist they're using in the Secret Santa thread, which must be setting some sort of new record for posts deleted in such a currently small thread, we'd have a bloody brilliant football and United forum!!!

Think this is a reasonable idea, might be successful might not be. Hopefully me and Esmufc will do it justice on its first unveiling. What time does the thread open to post in?

Pogue Mahone

Thanks, Sults :)

Ok Brad, Elvis, it's over to you.

The entire future of this project is on your shoulders. I have absolute faith in the pair of ye and I'm sure you'll get us off to a flier on our season debut.

Of course, if you feck up, you're gonna make everyone who supported this concept look like complete and utter spastics. So no pressure, like ;)

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If the mods ruled with the same iron fist they're using in the Secret Santa thread, which must be setting some sort of new record for posts deleted in such a currently small thread, we'd have a bloody brilliant football and United forum!!!
This^

This should work out fine (no pressure), downside (or upside) is the matchday will descend into chaos ... I'd hate to see it in a month.

The king is dead, long live the king...

GloryHunter07

Skysports website actually do a good job of minute by minute reporting, but best of luck guys.

WeasteDevil

If anyone deliberately posts in that thread they'll get excluded from the match day forum.
Exactly, that's the problem, there should be no need for this. If you must do it, then why not create a sub forum in the matchday forum for these minute by minutes and create a usergroup with posting rights for it? That would be going down the route of Davo's old idea though wouldn't it?

I'm sorry to remind you, but this is supposed to be a discussion forum. What are people going to do, have two windows/tabs open - one to watch minute by minute posts, one to have the matchday thread where they can post? They could have done that anyway with a normal matchtracker and the matchday thread. It's not providing any service here, just replicating something that already exists alsewhere on the net, and replicating information that is already appearing in the matchday thread.

Is the idea to bring more traffic to the site? The thing can't hold itself up on a busy matchday in any case. Is it really a good idea to stress the server even more?

What happens when the nominated "commentators" don't turn up for whatever reason?

Sorry, this has not been thought through.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Think this is a reasonable idea, might be successful might not be. Hopefully me and Esmufc will do it justice on its first unveiling. What time does the thread open to post in?
We have only deleted about 5 posts from you and you idiot mates that you have asked to pop over from RR.

FFS get over yourself.