RedCafe - Minute by Minute

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
The better the game the worse the analysis I'd imagine.

Agreed. Can you honestly imagine anyone taking their eyes off of the 7-1 against roma for instance for long enough to write out the minutes for that game. And I imagine, no matte rhow witty, intelligent or literate you are, the minutes for the Barcelona game last season woudl have gone somehting like this:

'And, as the tension builds inside this magnificent stadium, the roar of the fans signals the start off the match. Giggs lays it off to Rooney from the kick off as both sets of players gear themselves up for what is sure to be one of the most enthralling games of the season'

'OMFG SCHOLES!!!!!!!!'

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Dunno if this thread should be made a sticky or not but - if we are gonna pilot this minute by minute concept (oooh, get me with the meeja chat) - we could have people nominate themselves for a specific game, with someone else needed to second them.

Once we've got the first, say, 10 nominees we could let you, the caftards, decide who gets the gig, with some sort of poll (in case I haven'tt irritated the admins enough, with a new forum and a sticky thread ;)) I reckon three would be the perfect number. Two people could fall out (with disastrous consequences) and any more than three would quickly regress into Match-Day Thread-lite.

I second esmufc07 for the game against Blackburn (assuming you're up for it this weekend?)

Let the remaining nominations begin!

x42bn6

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Dunno if this thread should be made a sticky or not but - if we are gonna pilot this minute by minute concept (oooh, get me with the meeja chat) - we could have people nominate themselves for a specific game, with someone else needed to second them.

Once we've got the first, say, 10 nominees we could let you, the caftards, decide who gets the gig, with some sort of poll (in case I haven'tt irritated the admins enough, with a new forum and a sticky thread ;)) I reckon three would be the perfect number. Two people could fall out (with disastrous consequences) and any more than three would quickly regress into Match-Day Thread-lite.

I second esmufc07 for the game against Blackburn (assuming you're up for it this weekend?)

Smashed and Jgraham said they'd be willing too? Would 3 be enough?

Pogue Mahone

Agreed. Can you honestly imagine anyone taking their eyes off of the 7-1 against roma for instance for long enough to write out the minutes for that game. And I imagine, no matte rhow witty, intelligent or literate you are, the minutes for the Barcelona game last season woudl have gone somehting like this:

'And, as the tension builds inside this magnificent stadium, the roar of the fans signals the start off the match. Giggs lays it off to Rooney from the kick off as both sets of players gear themselves up for what is sure to be one of the most enthralling games of the season'

'OMFG SCHOLES!!!!!!!!'
:lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Going to miss the Blackburn game due to work, I'd be able to do the West Brom game 2 weeks later though.

Thanks for the consideration though, I'm touched:D

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
3 would be plenty, I reckon. Are you nominating yourself as number 3?

Cause I've already played my "can't be arsed" card. I'm more of an ideas person*, you see.

*lazy cnut
I'd do a midweek game ... weekend games are mostly me trying to convince my 20 month old twin daughters that football is better than Winnie The Pooh

esmu could be the third one ?

Pogue Mahone

Ok, here are the fixtures for the next month:

Saturday 4th October
Barclays Premier League
17:30 Blackburn vs Man Utd

Saturday 18th October
Barclays Premier League
17:30 Man Utd vs West Brom

Tuesday 21st October
UEFA Champions League
19:45 Man Utd vs Celtic
Nominee: mosesfromtala
Seconded: Pogue Mahone :)

Saturday 25th October
Barclays Premier League
12:00 Everton vs Man Utd

Wednesday 29th October
Barclays Premier League
20:00 Man Utd vs West Ham

Saturday 1st November
Barclays Premier League
15:00 Man Utd vs Hull

Quote this post and add your name(s) beside the games you're willing to cover. Each name will need to be seconded by a fellow caftard to get the gig (add their name beneath the nominee).

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

ELVIS THE GREAT

Saturday 18th October
Barclays Premier League

Quote this post and add your name(s) beside the games you're willing to cover. Each name will need to be seconded by a fellow caftard to get the gig (add their name beneath the nominee).
:D

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you

Saturday 4th October
Barclays Premier League
17:30 Blackburn vs Man Utd

Saturday 18th October
Barclays Premier League

Tuesday 21st October
UEFA Champions League
19:45 Man Utd vs Celtic
I'll have this one if thats ok?

Saturday 25th October
Barclays Premier League
12:00 Everton vs Man Utd

Wednesday 29th October
Barclays Premier League
20:00 Man Utd vs West Ham

Saturday 1st November
Barclays Premier League
15:00 Man Utd vs Hull

Done

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
As much as I would love to, I have no net access at home and no sky TV so all my games for the time being are watched down the pub

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Hmmm.

This just got very messy.

Can someone re-quote the entire fixture list and collate the nominations?

Or has anyone got a slightly less spastic way of organising this?
apply to me by PM to do it ?

first come first served ...

thereafter cafards who dont' want someone to to it can PM me and we'll sort it from there?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Oh, and just for future reference, I nominate myself out of the CL knockout stages:D

Jgraham Celtic looks to be took, can you do another one?

We have WBA, (Me) and Celtic (M-dude) thus far.

Pogue Mahone

apply to me by PM to do it ?

first come first served ...

thereafter cafards who dont' want someone to to it can PM me and we'll sort it from there?
Yeah, that would work.

God Id be paranoid, though, if I PM'd you and some cnut vetoed my appointment. I would have to hunt them down and demand an apology ;)

But yeah, that might be the simplest way to sort it.

VP

I work in a sports statistics company and do something similar so I don't mind doing one game. But ideally it'll have to be a game that'd I'd be watching on a stream anyway.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
OK, if everyone is cool ... we start with the west brom game - just to get all the mods on board ... and anyone who fancies doing the minute by minute just PMs me and I'll post an updayed schedule in a new thread that we can get stickied? Mods?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
drive traffic from rival fan-sites over here on match-days, which would be a good thing, right?
not unless the server is upgraded yet again. Im fed up not being able to log in on some matchdays because there are hundreds of bloody guests or caftards who havent been around for years logging in to ewatch a match. nerds.

Pogue Mahone

not unless the server is upgraded yet again. Im fed up not being able to log in on some matchdays because there are hundreds of bloody guests or caftards who havent been around for years logging in to ewatch a match. nerds.
Don't the problems usually start after a game? Not usually all that difficult to log on when the game is underway.

Besides, the only reason I thought it would be a good thing would be because it would increase advertising revenue. Doesn't more hits = more revenue?

I could be completely wrong though. I know a lot (well a bit) about the mode of action of antidepressant dugs but feck all about internet advertising.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
If the idea was to be given a go ahead. We'd have to create a sub-forum, and only allow access to those chosen on a match by match basis.
Does that mean no one else would be able to view it?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ideas got my backing... after getting shot down in the other thread I was under the impression that noone minded the current state of the matchday threads :confused:

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
Sounds like a good idea to be honest. But unless it's funny though there's no real point imo.
This is where it should work well, not because it will always be funny - but each person doing it will no doubt inject their own sense of humour/wit into it. And if it takes of then people could vote for those they want to see do it again. Maybe after each game a mark out of 10 could be given to the reviewer. I think maybe i'm going to far with this but i do honestly believe it has legs and could prove popular with the caf.

Its not to say that it has to be funny, but an element of humour would be good.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Sultan raises a good point. It would be extremely difficult to do. There is no way that we could stop all the other numpties spamming in it without locking the thread. The problem is that only mods can post in locked threads

PeteReDevil

iPete
I like the idea. Just as long we don't lose the match day threads as they are.
And why not take it a step further by having our "commentators" writing a match report? ;)

I_live_cement

Cat freak
This is where it should work well, not because it will always be funny - but each person doing it will no doubt inject their own sense of humour/wit into it. And if it takes of then people could vote for those they want to see do it again. Maybe after each game a mark out of 10 could be given to the reviewer. I think maybe i'm going to far with this but i do honestly believe it has legs and could prove popular with the caf.

It's needs a unique factor imo. Humour would provide that. If I want a bland commentary of the game I can just read BBC Sport.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

totally ... and with three people there can be banter without it turning into chaos because the focus has to remain on the game... like as if it was for caftards stuck in work or unable to get to the game , tv or radio. ...

reviewing the posters might be a way down the line as we're still begging for them at the moment ... and even if one of them is rubbish it'll be easy to ignore and they can just not do it again...

PeteReDevil

iPete
Sultan raises a good point. It would be extremely difficult to do. There is no way that we could stop all the other numpties spamming in it without locking the thread. The problem is that only mods can post in locked threads
Promote them to mods. Their only task would be these minute-by-minute threads. Use of mod authorization in other ways would then lead to degradation

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
if there is no way to give limited access then it is probably a non runner unless people could be trusted :lol: to keep out?