RedCafe - Minute by Minute

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tits up already...

What if anyone other than the designated people automatically put themselves up for an automatic ban... no bargaining, no arguing, no bribing (well maybe bribing)?

Would serve 'em right too for trying to sabotage the thread. No need for modship...

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Sultan raises a good point. It would be extremely difficult to do. There is no way that we could stop all the other numpties spamming in it without locking the thread. The problem is that only mods can post in locked threads
New sub forum - remove access rights for everyone and then add the people who are allowed to post in there. It'd be fairly simple

That said, you cnuts are getting way ahead of yourselves with this

PeteReDevil

iPete
New accounts with the required previliges for those chosen for the task. Just ban the accounts on non-match days. Easy.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
New sub forum - remove access rights for everyone and then add the people who are allowed to post in there. It'd be fairly simple

That said, you cnuts are getting way ahead of yourselves with this
Thats actually quite a lot of work Noods, by default they all have access to new forums, you're getting into creating new usergroups etc. Dodgy ground

golden_blunder

Staff
New accounts with the required previliges for those chosen for the task. Just ban the accounts on non-match days. Easy.
too much admin. It needs to be something setup in such a way that the admins dont have to remember to do a task everytime theres a match. Otherwise it aint gonna work

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
Seems as though it could well be a non-runner.

Its a good idea in principle but if it requires too much work from th emods for each game then its not really worth it. The only way round this would be as has been mentioned to create a sub-forum and at th etop is a sticky explaining that anybody posting during a match who shouldn't be will be banned etc?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Thats actually quite a lot of work Noods, by default they all have access to new forums, you're getting into creating new usergroups etc. Dodgy ground
New usergroupd would be even easier. It'd take about ten minutes.

Though I don't think the idea would work, as the people most suitable would be too busy watching the game to be posting every detail about it on an internet forum.

golden_blunder

Staff
ok, lets discuss it in the mods room and maybe test the various systems later. We'll come back to you guys

Twisted_Woody

Scout
If people weren't idiots this thread wouldn't exist.

Is there anyway to ban people from individual forums - e.g. the Matchday Forum? I like Pogue's idea quite a bit but for ease of application we should consider the simplest effective solution.

We could always have 2 threads one for muppets and one for everyone else haha I doubt that would work however.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I should be allowed to analyze the starting line ups prior to each game
is this necesary? ... if someone fecks it up on purpose they become a caf pariah and risk a ban like elsewhere on the forum ... we could limit applicants to over 2000 posts or something ... don't most bannings come from people winding each other up ... it wouldn't happen here.

if it is ncesary it won't be a problem as the idea is to get the lineups as early as possible ... some are already touting their availability ... and they are they sort who don't want to get banned ... to be honest I'd like to see it given a go.... would add a new dimension to the forum ... we might find a genius who doesn't like bickering or being shouted down ...

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
is this necesary? ... if someone fecks it up on purpose they become a caf pariah and risk a ban like elsewhere on the forum ... we could limit applicants to over 2000 posts or something ... don't most bannings come from people winding each other up ... it wouldn't happen here.

if it is ncesary it won't be a problem as the idea is to get the lineups as early as possible ... some are already touting their availability ... and they are they sort who don't want to get banned ... to be honest I'd like to see it given a go.... would add a new dimension to the forum ... we might find a genius who doesn't like bickering or being shouted down ...
I think by lineups he means squad lineups - his player ratings are class, so pre-match analysis would be a good touch i'd say!

noodlehair

"It's like..."

No, I mean the starting line ups for each team.

Basically, we'd have "noodlehair's starting line up analysis" an hour before each game, during which I'd be given my own forum to slag off Ferguson's selection policy, even if I don't actually know the teams

mehro

Ass face
The cafe senate is currently discussing the bill. It will passed for a vote possibly in the next few hours and could be implemented as early as tomorrow.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I rarely post in the matchday threads, didnt post once in the famous ronaldo thread, had maybe one post in the Berbatov thread therefor I should be considered a "top red" and automatically allotted 5000 posts.

Muppets.

B Cantona

Desperate
New usergroupd would be even easier. It'd take about ten minutes.

Though I don't think the idea would work, as the people most suitable would be too busy watching the game to be posting every detail about it on an internet forum.
I may not be considered 'suitible', but I'd certainly be willing to do it

I'd at least bring the perspective of a regular match goer who contributes atmospherically to supporting the team, now a supporter who has to watch via televisual means (most United games are on TV here), and my every other sentence isn't "OMG Rooney is so shit"

You'd probably want a team of people to do it on match by match, even maybe half by half basis, to keep it interesting with different perspectives

afrocentricity

I don't care who does it, just as long as it is about the match, not full of off-topic comments and pictures, and doesn't get overly negative during a game where we struggle...

Alex

I quite like the emotional part of the match day forum - minus the fake scores. Do we really want a match day thread which lacks emotion of a real fan?

I reckon the thread should characterise a fan sitting at the stadium - not some cold hearted director in the South stand.
Sultan I completely agree with you

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I may not be considered 'suitible', but I'd certainly be willing to do it

I'd at least bring the perspective of a regular match goer who contributes atmospherically to supporting the team, now a supporter who has to watch via televisual means (most United games are on TV here), and my every other sentence isn't "OMG Rooney is so shit"

You'd probably want a team of people to do it on match by match, even maybe half by half basis, to keep it interesting with different perspectives
Excellent.

PM mosesfromtala with a game you want to do and he'll put your name in the hat for if/when this gets the go ahead.

afrocentricity

Don't knock it....

You try being optimistic in a game you're not even losing when all the caftards are screaming 'Oh noes'... or wading through 3 pages just to find out what's going on because your stream or your radio cut out. Not my idea but it's something...

afrocentricity

It would be nice to be able to find the line ups and subs quickly too, I suggest maybe editing it into the first post when known?

-this post is in reference to the current threads, didn't know where to put it and saw no point in opening another matchday thread...