Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Explain? Haven't had chance to get on it yet.

Surely they're going to a version of heists for groups at some point, would be handy to get some hours into it and make some dollar to have decent weapons / equipment for it?

You make feck all from missions and everything is super expensive. It's just annoying. The Red Dead sub reddit has a load of examples.

https://old.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/

Wasn't GTA like this at the start too though. Would be ridiculous if everyone could afford the best gear day one.

True, but you could buy a better gun after doing a couple of missions in GTA Online.

One of the examples on reddit is to change the color of your gun - which costs 12 gold bars...each of which would take about 8 hours to grind for.

So.

8hrs/bar x 12 bars = 96 hours.

They want us to pay cash grind 96 hours just to paint 1 pistol.

That's more time than I've spent beating the entire single player campaign..

Apparently, you get .02 bar per multiplayer game. So 50 roughly 50 games of multiplayer for a single gold bar...

So to be able to afford to change the color of your gun, you would need to play 600 multiplayer games.

That is ridiculous - and is not a case of wanting everything day 1 - that is a broken economy.

I swear every time a new "free" online game comes out the exact same complaints come up.

What do people expect at this stage?

True, but you could buy a better gun after doing a couple of missions in GTA Online.

One of the examples on reddit is to change the color of your gun - which costs 12 gold bars...each of which would take about 8 hours to grind for.

So.

Apparently, you get .02 bar per multiplayer game. So 50 roughly 50 games of multiplayer for a single gold bar...

So to be able to afford to change the color of your gun, you would need to play 600 multiplayer games.

That is ridiculous - and is not a case of wanting everything day 1 - that is a broken economy.

Do you really need a colour change for a gun though? Wait till bank heists are out and you're earning gold bars for fun? It's not like there is much difference between guns in rdr2 anyway so no major advantage there.

The game does definitely automatically capsize you if you row too far south.

I had a feeling you'd get Buell. Only done the first encounter. Is he any good?
I haven’t had a good look. I took him straight to the stable but if I put a better saddle on him he probably isn’t too far away from the Turkoman.

Out hunting Cougars with the bow on this stretch of road I’ve been killed by them frequently. Do a couple of laps, attacked by Grizzly, no prob, sleep come back again, Grizzily. (baring in mind that everytime I’ve been up those road previously no grizzlys) back to camp sleep back up the stretch, 2 red dots, Grizzly and cougar, Grizzly takes me down and I can see the cougar run across the screen and disappear.

After at least 2 hrs of walking up and down this road, camping and walking some more I now have my 5 cougar kills. Now on to catching 3 small fish without a rod. I’m thinking Dynamite.

Edit: So Dynamite does kill the fish but there aren’t any left to pick up. You lose honor on top of that.

Last edited:
Delighted to discover Blackwater and New Austin. My character is pretty ugly, I hope I can change it in the future. I tried the game but I always fall into emptiness with the horse. I tried several times but happens the same

Finished the epilogue.

felt a bit pointless. I just wanted it to end really. We already know the background to John and seeing him build his farm was just boring, plus to have to play him after Arthur was a bit shit cause Arthur is a much better character.

Game would have been better if they ended it with Arthur killing Micah before he died.

You make feck all from missions and everything is super expensive. It's just annoying. The Red Dead sub reddit has a load of examples.

https://old.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/
The short story missions they have for online actually play well tbf. The problem is getting them to stay, but I'm at like $400 after finishing 75% of it (and buying a bow/horse stall).

Just did the first online mission. Picked a great looking horse to steal as I was first to the ranch. Didn’t know Id get to keep it. I’ve called him Gumbo.

Just did the first online mission. Picked a great looking horse to steal as I was first to the ranch. Didn’t know Id get to keep it. I’ve called him Gumbo.
You on PS4? You can get a free red chestnut Arabian and alligator saddle from the stable.

You on PS4? You can get a free red chestnut Arabian and alligator saddle from the stable.

Ooh nice.

Not sure if I’ll carry on playing much though. It’s just people shooting at each other constantly and haven’t got much interest in the free roam missions.

When you go out for a 'quiet one' with your mate and things escalate...

This looks suspiciously pay2win. Not really surprised considered how much they miked GTA online but disappointing nonetheless.

Not sure I’d be interested in another grind fest after putting 4-5 years into GTA online.

Last edited:
Can't find any enjoyment in online with the way they're trying to feck you with money. I don't know how anyone can.

Mauser pistol: $1000
Bow: $125
Stable upkeep per in-game day 75c (this will increase the more horses you have in your stable)
Camp upkeep per in-game day $1
Haircuts: $20+
The best horses locked behind the premium gold bar currency.

I don't expect stuff for free and servers have to be kept online and whatever but this shit is shameless.

Will trade it in while I can get €50-55 for it.

Finally unlocked the last legendary beast Giaguaro, now just got to find the fecker even tho some guy I was speaking to randomly at a camp mentioned he’d heard of a legendary panther at such and such location.

Just got the cougar to do which I guess is somewhere down in the not allowed to visit yet section. Oh one of the horseman missions kill 9 predators from horseback, did I not spend 2 hours yesterday killing predators from horseback trying to get the arrow cougar kills. Must have killed at least 8 predators from horseback with grizzlies included. Got to find a wolf pack.

Finally unlocked the last legendary beast Giaguaro, now just got to find the fecker even tho some guy I was speaking to randomly at a camp mentioned he’d heard of a legendary panther at such and such location.

Just got the cougar to do which I guess is somewhere down in the not allowed to visit yet section. Oh one of the horseman missions kill 9 predators from horseback, did I not spend 2 hours yesterday killing predators from horseback trying to get the arrow cougar kills. Must have killed at least 8 predators from horseback with grizzlies included. Got to find a wolf pack.

Can you find legendaries online ?

Don't think he did the right thing with Strauss. You can't go from accepting his methods to throwing him out of the camp all of a sudden. A word with him would've done. Expect he'll be back, probably to feck us over.

Don't think he did the right thing with Strauss. You can't go from accepting his methods to throwing him out of the camp all of a sudden. A word with him would've done. Expect he'll be back, probably to feck us over.
Yeah I wasn’t really expecting that to be what happened, maybe have a strong word with him but to kick him out just seems a bad idea especially when you are on the run. Should have probably killed him.

I hope we get to kill Micah, he bugs my happiness. If I had my way he’d be dead already. Sorry Dutch, there was a fishing accident and he was mauled by a bear and after that a gator got him”

Feck's sake. I picked up the hewing hatchet. 'Sweet, new weapon', I thought. Pressed right trigger thinking he'd swing it and he threw straight in the pond in front of me :lol: can't get it back

Yeah I wasn’t really expecting that to be what happened, maybe have a strong word with him but to kick him out just seems a bad idea especially when you are on the run. Should have probably killed him.

I hope we get to kill Micah, he bugs my happiness. If I had my way he’d be dead already. Sorry Dutch, there was a fishing accident and he was mauled by a bear and after that a gator got him”

Yeah surely they've been building up to killing him. Or he does something heroic and changes your opinion

Legendary wolf trinket sucks ass. Twice as difficult to get drunk?

I’ve had similar things happen. No idea where my fancy knife I got off the vampire has gone, I picked it up but it just isn’t in my weapons.

I’ve also got a picture of a legendary fish I caught, was the hardest one I’ve tried to catch and put up a massive fight but for some reason it hasn’t been marked off the map.

Strauss is a bastard though. It is his fault Arthur got sick and he was giving loans out to people who were vulnerable. He deserved kicking out. I don’t think Arthur accepted his methods originally. But as soon as he got sick it made him feel even more sorry from the families he was recovering from.