Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

I'd rather the game came out later and the staff worked normal hours

But then after release I guess they get normal hours or a break for a while? I don't see it as an issue if the extra hour thing us just temporary especially right before release, its the same in most industries

But then after release I guess they get normal hours or a break for a while? I don't see it as an issue if the extra hour thing us just temporary especially right before release, its the same in most industries
Nah, get the whip out and get them on to the next task of a GTA game. Feed them Red Bull and skittles and it’ll be dandy.

Hope there's a cool secret side mission where Doc Brown manifests out of thin air in the middle of the Great Plains in a DeLorean and tells you that in precisely 1910, John Marston is killed..... and you have to warn him ahead of time with a written note, which he can't read until 1910.

Let's call the side mission, Red Dead McFly.

89gigs? Christ, with he stupid way PS4 works with downloads and installs that means you need 180gb free ... Time to upgrade the HDD or get an external it seems

Apparently, the next project in line post-RDR2 is Bully 2. It's leaked, so, it's rumour and not confirmation as to what the project is, however, the casting director for Rockstar Games has advertised casting calls for Pinewood Studios and allegedly they're asking for "teenage" and "young roles" predominately.

It's long been suspected that Bully 2 could follow RDR2, however, the above gives it some legs.

There's a PS4 Pro bundle with the game included at the same price as a regular console. Hell, might be time to finally upgrade...

Apparently, the next project in line post-RDR2 is Bully 2. It's leaked, so, it's rumour and not confirmation as to what the project is, however, the casting director for Rockstar Games has advertised casting calls for Pinewood Studios and allegedly they're asking for "teenage" and "young roles" predominately.

It's long been suspected that Bully 2 could follow RDR2, however, the above gives it some legs.
Great news. Bully is by far Rockstar best overall game.

Unlike most, I was left disappointed by GTAV despite being obsessed with the prior games in the series. So I hope this one floors me completely. The original RDR was a fantastic game.

Had been considering this but 65 hours just for the main missions is way too long. Why do they insist on making games so long these days, as if extreme length was a quality in itself?

Had been considering this but 65 hours just for the main missions is way too long. Why do they insist on making games so long these days, as if extreme length was a quality in itself?

Why are you complaining about more content? Would you rather be happy if the mission was 20 hours long and they offer two additional DLCs for $20 each?

It seems a bit too long but it can be a positive if the content is of a high quality. I'll be honest, this main character doesn't look very interesting.

Why are you complaining about more content? Would you rather be happy if the mission was 20 hours long and they offer two additional DLCs for $20 each?

Wrote this in another thread once but since it's the same point I'm making, I'll reuse it:

You'd never buy a ticket to see a movie simply because it was eight hours long. Games like Dragon Age: Inquisition and Persona 5 drag on to an extend that you're just begging for them to finish by the end. I'd much prefer a tighter scripted story that leaves you wanting more rather than worn out.

Wrote this in another thread once but since it's the same point I'm making, I'll reuse it:

You'd never buy a ticket to see a movie simply because it was eight hours long. Games like Dragon Age: Inquisition and Persona 5 drag on to an extend that you're just begging for them to finish by the end. I'd much prefer a tighter scripted story that leaves you wanting more rather than worn out.

They are two entirely different modes of entertainment. I'd compare a video game to a TV series than a movie. As long as its gripping and enjoyable I'd want more episodes.

I see the point your making but it just isn't the way I see it. Personally, if I bought RDR2 and I felt like I wanted more by the end of it, I'd be a bit annoyed. Reason? When will we see RDR3? It'll be quite possibly 10 years until that happens. Nah, when I finish playing RDR2, I want to feel fulfilled and happy I've done it, that in itself will encourage me to buy the sequel.

Your comparison with the movie is a little odd, with video games you can put the controller down, go out for drinks with friends, come back and play a bit more before bed having had a break. You can't ask them to pause the movie and bugger off for 4 hours until you get back ready to watch the rest.

It seems a bit too long but it can be a positive if the content is of a high quality. I'll be honest, this main character doesn't look very interesting.

How so? Looks like the most interesting character Rockstar have had in a long time to me.

Well surely if the movie is 8 hours long and keeps you entertained and interested for the entire length, it was definitely worth the money?

I do agree some games can drag on. MGS5 was incredibly tedious after a while, but that was basically doing the same shit over and over. This is an entirely different style of game.

I'll back you up on this since no one else agrees.

I take a lot of enjoyment from the story arc of games but sometimes even the best ones become boring through familiarity. It's just about fine where you can skip through side quests but even then it causes a recognition in me that I'm not completely enjoying it and angers my completionist nature.

I don't think the length of the game can be used as a stick to beat it with until we play it. If it's long and it really drags, then it's fair criticism. If the depth and variety in the game keeps you wanting to play it, then it's irrelevant. From the videos we've seen so far, sounds like there's a great deal of RPG elements to this one, rather than just turning up to a mission location and killing baddies, so that will certainly add a great deal of flesh to the flow of the game.

Comparing it to a film probably isn't fair. You can pick up a new film release for £10 or £12. A new game can cost upwards of £50, and for that sort of money I want some longevity to it, and then some DLC, and then some online modes. Repetition is a concern, but Rockstar are pretty good at keeping the story engaging IMO (except GTA4, god that was boring.)

I think it's so exciting because Rockstar are the best at this stuff. It's not exciting because it's long, it's exciting because it's expected that it'll be very very good and there will be a lot of high quality content.
The key I think is having enough different stuff going on, genuine differing activity like actual random events (not just scripted 'random' events).
I want to turn it on and be like 'holy shit, did that just happen?', and it not have happened for everyone else in that location.

Prediction: Similar to how John dies in RDR and you end up playing as Jack, Arthur will die and you’ll end up playing as John at the end.

They are two entirely different modes of entertainment. I'd compare a video game to a TV series than a movie. As long as its gripping and enjoyable I'd want more episodes.
I could point to a lot of TV shows that outstayed their welcome, because fans were addicted and wanted more and more and more while no longer really caring about the quality.

I see the point your making but it just isn't the way I see it. Personally, if I bought RDR2 and I felt like I wanted more by the end of it, I'd be a bit annoyed. Reason? When will we see RDR3? It'll be quite possibly 10 years until that happens. Nah, when I finish playing RDR2, I want to feel fulfilled and happy I've done it, that in itself will encourage me to buy the sequel.

Your comparison with the movie is a little odd, with video games you can put the controller down, go out for drinks with friends, come back and play a bit more before bed having had a break. You can't ask them to pause the movie and bugger off for 4 hours until you get back ready to watch the rest.

Your point is fair, I just feel like with video games in particular, it has become a quality stable in itself for a game to be long. With every new release, people are obsessed with the length and complain if it's not long enough. But some games should be 10 hours. Some should be 20. Some should be 40, and some should be 60. But by putting such emphasis on length, I feel like the gaming community is pushing developers to make their games longer and longer, and then you get more games like Dragon Age: Inquisition or MGS5 that should be around 30 hours but end up being closer to double that. I'm not saying a game can't be 65 hours and exactly the right length but too many of these really long games don't respect the players' time enough.

Well surely if the movie is 8 hours long and keeps you entertained and interested for the entire length, it was definitely worth the money?
Sure. But my point was that you don't buy the ticket because it's eight hours long. You don't pick the three-hour movie over the two-hour movie to get more movie for your money because we all know that different films should have different lengths. But with video games, I feel like the community tends to think that longer is always better, and I believe that creates these bloated games with way too much repetition.

I'll back you up on this since no one else agrees.

Thank you!

HZD and TW3 beg to differ, 2 really long games who never lost quality throughout. More doesn't always equal better but the point is to keep playing and enjoy yourself, bigger chances of doing that during a longer game

HZD and TW3 beg to differ, 2 really long games who never lost quality throughout. More doesn't always equal better but the point is to keep playing and enjoy yourself, bigger chances of doing that during a longer game
Yeah, like I said just above: I'm not saying a game can't be 65 hours and exactly the right length but too many of these really long games don't respect the players' time enough.