RAWK Goes Into Meltdown | 2013/14

I don't know what I should do to understand the scouse logic. Where does the better team notion come from? City accumulated more points, bettered 'pool on GD, had the better head-to-head stats, played in more competitions, won a trophy other than the PL. What were Liverpool better at?

Moral winners. That's five additional points.

I presume this doesn't account for the goals set up by English players, or Liverpool's number probably drop quite a few more with assists by Coutinho and Suarez. Bizarre.

Maybe they were looking for the assist to the assist, would have brought the tally back up.

Fans around in 1992... how similar was that collapse to Liverpool's?

Pretty bad. Finished 4 points behind Leeds.

Looking up the results:

Drew Luton 1-1, lost three on the spin to Forest, West Ham! and Liverpool. Last game was won v Spurs = 4 points.

Leeds won v Chelsea, drew with Liverpool, then won three v Coventry, Sheff United and Norwich = 13 points.

So, United were 5 points up with 5 games to go. I wouldn't count 1995 as a bottle-job. United went in needing the miracle that Liverpool needed this year...Blackburn had to lose and United had to win. United didn't win, but the game was on at the same time. United played well (2nd half), but Andy Cole forgot how to score goals so fecked it for us.

In fact, Blackburn nearly bottled it in 1995. With six games to go, they were on 82 points while United were on 74 points. I remember saying to a mate of mine that they were wobbling and we could have a right rattle at it. It was all set up on the final day, if only Cole had scored....

And I remember being so pissed off that Flowers was on MOTD that night saying that they weren't bottlers, despite only winning 7 points from their last 18 (where United won 14).

It was really bad to be honest. But in fairness, we just ran out of steam. At one point we had 4 games in 6 days which is crazy (playing Thurs/Sat/Mon/Weds). We just didn't have the squad depth to cope with that, and I think it was one of the things that made Fergie realise that rotation is important.

I really believe the Liverpool fans played their part in Liverpool falling at the last hurdle. They were acting like amateurs, going around talking about this fairytale, destiny the whole big picture. They tried to relay that message to the players by these banners, these slogans and the crowds in the streets on the teams arrival to the ground.

All it did was pile pressure on the players. They were in great form, all this hype brought on by the fans was a distraction. Instead of buying into this whole dream season, Liverpool fans would have been better off going "We are Liverpool, this is where we belong" and just continue on as normal. They were treating everything as a cup final as if they might not be back for 10 years.

I understand that a lot of their fans might not have witnessed a title shot before but still, it just looked very amateurish from their fans and if they just treated each game without the story, the players wouldn't have had to deal with all the needless hype.

BnXtpdgIcAE_JDI.jpg:large

This year's crossbar counts as goals table.
what the feck is that?

Pretty bad. Finished 4 points behind Leeds.

Looking up the results:

Drew Luton 1-1, lost three on the spin to Forest, West Ham! and Liverpool. Last game was won v Spurs = 4 points.

Leeds won v Chelsea, drew with Liverpool, then won three v Coventry, Sheff United and Norwich = 13 points.

So, United were 5 points up with 5 games to go. I wouldn't count 1995 as a bottle-job. United went in needing the miracle that Liverpool needed this year...Blackburn had to lose and United had to win. United didn't win, but the game was on at the same time. United played well (2nd half), but Andy Cole forgot how to score goals so fecked it for us.

In fact, Blackburn nearly bottled it in 1995. With six games to go, they were on 82 points while United were on 74 points. I remember saying to a mate of mine that they were wobbling and we could have a right rattle at it. It was all set up on the final day, if only Cole had scored....

I'd agree, we didn't bottle it in '95. Cantona was serving his ban and we lost Kanchelskis and Giggs to injury at the end of the season. Cole gets singled out due to him being pretty much the only decent attacking player we had available for the West Ham game. My main memory of that match was Miklosko being unbeatable - he made saves from almost every player on the pitch that day - Paul Ince having the best chance of the match, if my memory serves me.

I'm in actual stitches.
By applying scouser's logic (two words that aren't easy bedfellows), we're the most successful pl team ergo best team, so technically we should have won it.

It's just a ridiculous statement.

Very different, if you ask me.

We had more injuries but a bigger lead. Leeds finished the season with most players fully fit and Cantona as a loan signing.

Long before the days when we had anything like a big squad. If Hughes and McClair were injured then Robins was the next in line.

Losing to Forest and West Ham were bad results, even with the injuries. West Ham were already relegated.

I really believe the Liverpool fans played their part in Liverpool falling at the last hurdle. They were acting like amateurs, going around talking about this fairytale, destiny the whole big picture. They tried to relay that message to the players by these banners, these slogans and the crowds in the streets on the teams arrival to the ground.

All it did was pile pressure on the players. They were in great form, all this hype brought on by the fans was a distraction. Instead of buying into this whole dream season, Liverpool fans would have been better off going "We are Liverpool, this is where we belong" and just continue on as normal. They were treating everything as a cup final as if they might not be back for 10 years.

I understand that a lot of their fans might not have witnessed a title shot before but still, it just looked very amateurish from their fans and if they just treated each game without the story, the players wouldn't have had to deal with all the needless hype.

Yep. Alluded to it two weeks ago on here when their fans were behaving like small-time bellends.

It definitely spooked Rodgers and the players. Bizarre catchphrases like "Make us dream" and "We go again" lumped pressure on them to go out and play 'Roy of the Rovers' football in the run-in when focus was necessary. Rodgers and Gerrard, in particular, should've known better but were swept away by the Scouse hyperbolic hysteria.

I still can't believe how naive they were. Pellegrini and the Arabs must be still pinching themselves. Talk about being handed a title on a platter.

Very different, if you ask me.

We had more injuries but a bigger lead. Leeds finished the season with most players fully fit and Cantona as a loan signing.

Long before the days when we had anything like a big squad. If Hughes and McClair were injured then Robins was the next in line.

Losing to Forest and West Ham were bad results, even with the injuries. West Ham were already relegated.

I will never forget the blood pissing out of Pallisters boot after Ian Rush kicked him. Was a horrible horrible last few weeks of the season

You can tell a fcking scouser wrote this

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog...b-city-petty-united-sunderland-192940086.html

5) Manchester United have officially hit rock bottom

A generally-accepted rule of sports is that the biggest and saddest indication of a miserable season is that any given fanbase finds themselves taking greater satisfaction from the misfortune of other teams than in their own achievements. Man United's taunting of Liverpool on final day, while the sort of thing that would make Paddy Power proud, only underscores just how much Brendan Rodgers' men outperformed the champions-who-came-seventh in just about every department, on and off the pitch.

To be fair Ramshock that line if thinking is what has been ridiculed every season on RAWK, with the side's roles having been reversed.

Poem by feckwit.

We Go Again

A special season now is done
And sadly there's no title won.
But memories of how we played
Will hold us through these summer days.
One memory for me stands out
Our captain gives a rallying shout.
Emotion strong, he tells his men
We Go Again.

Those words so heartfelt and inspired
Don't change because of what transpired.
For Stevie is a man who leads
Desiring always to succeed.
Pushing himself and those around
To always reach for higher ground.
He bottled it? Go boil your head
Support your fecking team instead!
As we back ours and know that then
We Go Again.

So Chelsea came and things went wrong
And now they sing that fecking song
And flood the web with endless memes
Our captain's slip, their bitter dream.
Don't let them take those words from him
As if it's ruined by what they sing.
Don't let them say he fell on his arse
And gave the ball to Demba Ba.
Because though he did, we know he slipped
And from there they were well equipped
To defend their lead, to waste our time,
To keep their deep defensive line.
We know that horrid twist of fate
Was just one game of thirty-eight
As Mourinho spouts his bitter chat.
The Special One? The "Special" Twat.
I'll stick with backing Rodgers men.
We Go Again.

I'm proud of reds who backed their team
And lined the streets as they made us dream.
I'm proud of our courage and conviction
As we battered all pre-season predictions.
I'm proud that at 33-1
We oh so nearly had it won.
I'm proud of our captain and proud of his words
And proud I'll remain despite internet nerds
Who hide behind computers and type on their screens
And have no idea what that passion means.
It means that they care, that they'll fight for the club
For those in the ground and for those in the pub.
For those who support us home and away
And even the gloryhunters who turn up in May.
The importance of that passion cannot be diminished
Though our best season for years had a frustrating finish.
You'll see how it matters next season when
We Go Again.

Here's one:
There was a young man, like Walter Mitty,
He had big plans (for himself), t'would be so pretty,
But he slipped on the grass,
He fell on his ass,
And handed the title to City.

Stevie will get his hands on the title before the end of his career. This may sound crazy, but since I was a mid 90's kid I had a deep hunch that Liverpool would next win the title in the 2015/16 season right at the end of Stevie's career. I don't like superstition, but I do believe with all my heart that we will win the title in 2 seasons.

We go again

Grand. 2015/16....We Go Again.