RAWK Goes Into Meltdown | 2013/14

fair point but given how liverpool have handled themselves this week I just don't see the absolute certainty of them performing in a convincing fashion. and I do think citys experience against us will make them much more comfortable in this situation.

True, looking at Liverpool vs Palace their heads had gone, I'd still back them to win at home though even if it's a 1-0. I think they'll want to go outi n some kind of fashion and say "they gave it their all" shite at the end. For what it's worth I do agree with you, I can't see City losing at home to West Ham who are already on the beach I bet, just I can see why Pool fans are trying to convince themselves.

In fairness, last time out City were playing away from home, needing a win, against a team that were fighting for their survival. This time they're playing at home, needing a draw, against a team that has nothing to play for.

Do you mean vs QPR or have I misunderstood this? City were at home last time, regardless of QPRs situation at the time City should be winning home games vs a team like that. I'd even argue if QPR didn't know the other results in the league then City would of got nothing out of that game either, QPR weren't arsed for the last 2 or 3 minutes, they knew they'd stay up.

True, looking at Liverpool vs Palace their heads had gone, I'd still back them to win at home though even if it's a 1-0. I think they'll want to go outi n some kind of fashion and say "they gave it their all" shite at the end. For what it's worth I do agree with you, I can't see City losing at home to West Ham who are already on the beach I bet, just I can see why Pool fans are trying to convince themselves.

Do you mean vs QPR or have I misunderstood this? City were at home last time, regardless of QPRs situation at the time City should be winning home games vs a team like that. I'd even argue if QPR didn't know the other results in the league then City would of got nothing out of that game either, QPR weren't arsed for the last 2 or 3 minutes, they knew they'd stay up.

So it was. My mistake. Still, I think they had a harder game then than they have now.

Is there any reference to "marching up that hill" as of yet?

You can tell its a true meltdown when they start referring to "that hill" and their requirement to "keep on marching up it".

I suppose it explains their lack of league wins over the past few years, they should be paying more attention to on the ball skills than fell walking.

Is there any reference to "marching up that hill" as of yet?

You can tell its a true meltdown when they start referring to "that hill" and their requirement to "keep on marching up it".

I suppose it explains their lack of league wins over the past few years, they should be paying more attention to on the ball skills than fell walking.

Gerrard could have done with the balance that comes with hill walking in the Chelsea game.

KopiteDave has this as his signature.

I thought the PL was only invented in 1992???? Liverpool really does have a great history....playing in leagues before they were even established!

He counts the Charity Shield. Who counts the Charity Shield?@BarneyLFC

KopiteDave took out a loan from Wonga to buy a pair of LeBron James Special Liverpool shoes.... so accordingly it counts as Premier League titles :wenger:

The-LeBron-9-Low-Liverpool-Edition-trainer+cropped

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...sets-Reds-fans-with-design-article892647.html

Last edited:
In fairness whilst both are easy games I'd imagine with the exception of Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich the next game everyone would be Newcastle at home. They've barely bothered trying since January. City's "history" of doing it in the past as well was against an awful team...and they did almost feck it up, took the last kick of the game to win a league. I reckon if roles were reversed and us, Arsenal or Chelsea were in the same situation as Liverpool we'd probably be doing what their fans are doing right now.

If any team is going to bottle something or feck it up I'd always back City to be the team, they've got a history of doing it.

Thing is, you have to look past the club and look more at the individual players (clubs don't learn from experiences, individuals do). Nobody currently at Liverpool has been in a title race this tight before, so nobody quite knows the level of mental strength which will be required. It was this naïveté which cost them against Crystal Palace, thinking they could play with abandon and assume that Palace wouldn't dare try to score against them. Most of City's squad, and certainly most of their key players, were involved in circumstances almost identical to these only two years back, and the players in their squad who weren't at the club back then have typically been highly successful elsewhere - again, not really the case for most of Liverpool's squad.

In some senses, it's easy for Liverpool - leave the dressing room, score more goals than Newcastle and hope that, 30 miles away, City make a mess of things. For any player in either team inexperienced in these matches though, they'll be thinking a lot about what's going on in each other's stadium, and there's a lot of league-chasing inexperience in Liverpool's squad.

Thanks Shaggy - Unbelievable isn't it

Life must be tough being a dipper, but it must be even tougher when you're stupid.

It is clear that Moyes is a very average manager. I don't think that is any doubt whatsoever.

Therefore, if Moyes continues the success at the club as if nothing had changed, then I think you'd have to accept that the previous manager was also very average and had been carried along by the club and their success.

Pretty straightforward idea that. I'm convinced that Moyes will be as successful as Ferguson. It's inevitable. If he is then there can be no doubt as to the abilities of the previous manager.
The list of managers that have won it twice is pretty big. And how many of them had been at a club with the unlimited funds Ferguson had for so long?​

18 Managers have won it twice. Bob won it thrice.

Which ever way you paint it, Fergusons record with all that cash is pretty dire.

Did this bloke ever justify his comments? I mean... if Moyes is "very average" (as opposed to woeful) with a season like that then what did that make Sir Alex?

I thought the PL was only invented in 1992???? Liverpool really does have a great history....playing in leagues before they were even established!

Who the feck does count the Charity shield and Super cup? They're not trophies.

Went on RAWK to see if they were still holding hope of winning the League and saw a link to their matchday thread for the 2005 Champions League final with this gem on the first page :p

Gerrard?

You can feck right off - sell the prick he has done NOTHING in that game. Not a tackle a run no surge, no fecken nothing.

As a side not, the Liverpool shirts that had begun sprouting up right after the City game have not surprisingly gone back into the closets, dressers, vaults, burried underneath rocks, from whence they came. :lol:

As a side not, the Liverpool shirts that had begun sprouting up right after the City game have not surprisingly gone back into the closets, dressers, vaults, burried underneath rocks, from whence they came. :lol:

I've seen a few in town these last couple of months, stand out like a sore thumb.

I've seen a few in town these last couple of months, stand out like a sore thumb.

In my area mostly you see Barca and Real Madrid with quite a few Manchester United. A number of Italian clubs show up owing to our large population of people who either are Italian immigrants or who are decendants of Italian immigrants. A few Mexican teams show up also in recent years as we have seen an influx of immigrants from Mexico.

From the PL, United is #1. See a few Chelsea. Some Arsenal. Very few Liverpool until recently. A few City ones have begun to pop up over the past few years.

In my area mostly you see Barca and Real Madrid with quite a few Manchester United. A number of Italian clubs show up owing to our large population of people who either are Italian immigrants or who are decendants of Italian immigrants. A few Mexican teams show up also in recent years as we have seen an influx of immigrants from Mexico.

From the PL, United is #1. See a few Chelsea. Some Arsenal. Very few Liverpool until recently. A few City ones have begun to pop up over the past few years.

You don't usually see any football shirts where I live as it's more of a rugby town, so seeing a few LFC shirts was a bit of a shocker. In fairness they weren't full kit wan***s though.

Moyes to get one over on Rodgers. Moyes 10 Months - 1 Trophy, Rodgers - 24 Months+ - 0 Trophies. Moyes is a football genius.

What's the deal with the trophy on Sunday then? I'm guessing the real one will be at The Etihad and a replica will be at Anfield just in case there's a shock.

That would be hilarious, a Premier League trophy and set of winners medals at Anfield just waiting to be taken away.

"Here's what you could have won...."

What's the deal with the trophy on Sunday then? I'm guessing the real one will be at The Etihad and a replica will be at Anfield just in case there's a shock.

That would be hilarious, a Premier League trophy and set of winners medals at Anfield just waiting to be taken away.

That should be what happens. As far as I know the real trophy always goes to the stadium with the league leaders, with replicas at grounds with any other team in contention. They were worried that they'd have to borrow another replica from one of the previous winners in case Chelsea were still in the race come Sunday.

They should have some 'Premier League runners-up' medals ready so Gerrard will have something to hug to his chest as he cries himself to sleep that night.

They can both come get it from our cold dead hands. :smirk:

For some reason I used to believe they had a helicopter waiting to transport it to the other ground in situations like this but clearly not.

That never even crossed my mind, that'd be great if a trophy was prepared only to be removed on the final whistle.

Although I'd imagine the FA could have a helicopter prepped somewhere between Liverpool and Manchester awaiting a destination for the trophy.

Still got a feeling Liverpool can nick it, westham are a teams of cnuts. They will be playing to steal the show