RAWK Goes Into Meltdown | 2013/14

3 mins to go..............

Liverpool 5 Newcastle 0
Man City 2 West Ham 2

City Shitting themselves

Big Sam......"Get it on Andy's head"!

Downing swings in a cross.................Carroll powers a header past Hart.

Silence at the Etihad apart from 3000 Hammers fans taking the piss.

News breaks at Anfield and sparks amazing scenes in the stands.

Whistle blows at the Etihad.

Whistle blows at Anfield.

LFC crowned Premiership Champions 2014

Believe

scarf.gif
champ.gif

Them and fanfictions

People are writing Newcastle off but they aren't that bad of a team, their attitude is just honking as they've been in the mediocrity of being safe but having no realistic prospect of Europe and have switched off. That coupled with the distraction of the Pardew ban for his forehead rub on the angelic and upstanding citizen that is Meyler, has all but written off their season.

Pardew is under pressure from the fans and surely desperate to end the season on a high and send out a positive message. The question of "how many can we score?" rather than "how can we win?" is what cost 'pool in Crystanbul and it could cost them against the toon. Don't write them off.

Stevie's slip did end it for them. Had Liverpool drawn or won against Chelsea, they would not have drawn against Palace. They would have never had to play the GD scenario. They probably would have parked the bus after going up 2-0. They would have controlled their own destiny.

Everything bad that has happened to them revolves around Stevie's slip. HE COST THEM THE TITLE.

The Starfish Effect, surely?

Them and fanfictions
Though to be fair City lost 2-3 at home in the final day last season... :nervous:

But here comes the silver lining - City have already beaten West Ham at home this season with an emphatic scoreline of 6-0.

Tbf, ii think it is kinda early, anything can happen on a football match, and city losing isn't exactly an impossibility
If you're going by the mantra "Anything can happen on a football match," I'd say that Liverpool has equal chance of losing against Newcastle as City losing against West Ham.

At least if City fecks it up against West Ham, we have something else to laugh at.

No, I'm indifferent to City win, liverpool however... can't stand it
I feel 'ya. I'd be livid to hear Liverpool being referred to as champions all next season with constant reminders of Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez lifting the trophy. I've already had to endure the constant reminders of Aguero's last gasp goal vs QPR like the rest of Manchester United fans have, especially by commentators mentioning it at every possible opportunity.

But City are still our rivals on some level, and such a monumental collapse that will surely eclipse Liverpool's bottling against Chelsea and Palace may serve as some sort of consolation.

I feel 'ya. I'd be livid to hear Liverpool being referred to as champions all next season with constant reminders of Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez lifting the trophy. I've already had to endure the constant reminders of Aguero's last gasp goal vs QPR like the rest of Manchester United fans have, especially by commentators mentioning it at every possible opportunity.

But City are still our rivals on some level, and such a monumental collapse that will surely eclipse Liverpool's bottling against Chelsea and Palace may serve as some sort of consolation.

Anything but pool winning, they win it, there's no consolation that can console me.. i'd be gutted to the bone i'll feel sick and calling in sick for the next 1 week

Anything but pool winning, they win it, there's no consolation that can console me.. i'd be gutted to the bone i'll feel sick and calling in sick for the next 1 week
Yeah, I can't really blame you. Hope City buries West Ham like Chelsea did to Wigan. City are still by far the lesser of the two evils.

Funny thing is, Bluemoon are convinced that all this talk of us "wanting" City to win it is all just some sort of a coping mechanism.

Tbf, ii think it is kinda early, anything can happen on a football match, and city losing isn't exactly an impossibility
You realise gloating is like sleep. You can't make up if you lose out. So I recommend using EVERY opportunity to have a great day at the cost of Liverpool!

Yeah, I can't really blame you. Hope City buries West Ham like Chelsea did to Wigan. City are still by far the lesser of the two evils.

Funny thing is, Bluemoon are convinced that all this talk of us "wanting" City to win it is all just some sort of a coping mechanism.

Are they? Must be a result of not being in the top division long enough to establish a rivalry.

You realise gloating is like sleep. You can't make up if you lose out. So I recommend using EVERY opportunity to have a great day at the cost of Liverpool!

Suffice to say I save the best for the last, it's about who laugh the last.

Besides, if (and hopefully so) they lose it, Gerrard's slip and camera kissing would be much more remembered than if they simply shrug it off like any other day

Them and fanfictions

Like Stewart Downing and Andy Carroll want to do them any favours at all. It'd be more like.

*Andy Carroll breaks the offside trap*
*Andy Carroll rounds Joe Hart 6 yards from goal....*
*Andy Carroll stops the ball on the line and jogs away*

The only problem with the scousers relying on Carroll is that Brendon fecked him off at the earliest opportunity. Oh, and he's fecking shite.

KopiteDave has this as his signature.

Premier League 1901 1906 1922 1923 1947 1964 1966 1973 1976 1977 1979 1980 1982 1983 1984 1986 1988 1990

I thought the PL was only invented in 1992???? Liverpool really does have a great history....playing in leagues before they were even established!

Premier League 1901 1906 1922 1923 1947 1964 1966 1973 1976 1977 1979 1980 1982 1983 1984 1986 1988 1990
European Cup 1977 1978 1981 1984 2005
FA Cup 1965 1974 1986 1989 1992 2001 2006
League Cup 1981 1982 1983 1984 1995 2001 2003
UEFA Cup 1973 1976 2001
Super Cup 1977 2001 2005
Charity Shield 1966 1974 1976 1979 1980 1982 1988 1989 2001 2006

He counts the Charity Shield. Who counts the Charity Shield?@BarneyLFC

Watching City defend yesterday wasn't too convincing so if West Ham ever get a set piece, it'll be nervy. But they should have enough firepower to secure the draw. I hope they play to win though.

funny how liverpool fans assume their team is the one that will hold their nerve this weekend despite no experience of this sort of showdown. the same team we've watched collapse this week in comedy fashion. meanwhile they expect city (who've been through this before two seasons ago) to stumble despite showing in the last couple of games including a very tough one at everton that they are well capable of doing the job.

funny how liverpool fans assume their team is the one that will hold their nerve this weekend despite no experience of this sort of showdown. the same team we've watched collapse this week in comedy fashion. meanwhile they expect city (who've been through this before two seasons ago) to stumble despite showing in the last couple of games including a very tough one at everton that they are well capable of doing the job.

In fairness whilst both are easy games I'd imagine with the exception of Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich the next game everyone would be Newcastle at home. They've barely bothered trying since January. City's "history" of doing it in the past as well was against an awful team...and they did almost feck it up, took the last kick of the game to win a league. I reckon if roles were reversed and us, Arsenal or Chelsea were in the same situation as Liverpool we'd probably be doing what their fans are doing right now.

If any team is going to bottle something or feck it up I'd always back City to be the team, they've got a history of doing it.

In fairness whilst both are easy games I'd imagine with the exception of Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich the next game everyone would be Newcastle at home. They've barely bothered trying since January. City's "history" of doing it in the past as well was against an awful team...and they did almost feck it up, took the last kick of the game to win a league. I reckon if roles were reversed and us, Arsenal or Chelsea were in the same situation as Liverpool we'd probably be doing what their fans are doing right now.

If any team is going to bottle something or feck it up I'd always back City to be the team, they've got a history of doing it.

fair point but given how liverpool have handled themselves this week I just don't see the absolute certainty of them performing in a convincing fashion. and I do think citys experience against us will make them much more comfortable in this situation. other thing is IMO this city team are different to what we expect historically. toure and kompany et al are real pros. and despite some dodgy performances this year and looking dead and buried two weeks ago they are there again.

In fairness, last time out City were playing away from home, needing a win, against a team that were fighting for their survival. This time they're playing at home, needing a draw, against a team that has nothing to play for.